Was told I should ask the universe for a refund..

I was told that I should ask the universe for a refund from someone when I mentioned to them I had sun in Libra, moon in Aries, and Virgo rising.

I'm not really sure how to take that - they also suggested I should be alone romantically. I'm very into astrology but I was curious if anyone could look at my chart and see what they meant?

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Artist82

Take it as an insult from a moron. That was a pretty rude thing to say. There's nothing wrong with your chart but if they had a particular problem with it they should have pointed it out rather than say something like that. Since I have Sun and Asc. in Aries, I rather like Aries moon's but maybe I'm a bit biased lol. And having mercury and Sun in Libra would probably make you a pleasant person to be around. There's a lot more to it than that but there was no sense in that person being rude.

You have Venus in the 12th house, like me. Some Astrologers write that position off as a prescription for loneliness or unhappiness in love. This position, on its own, does not seem to deter marriage, if people's online anecdotes are any indication.

Your Sun is in Libra in the 1st; you have a strong personality. You are partner-oriented, yet your Aries Moon is fiercely independent (and in the house of partnerships, most ironically). You have a Sun/Moon opposition - I relate again; I have a tense Sun/Moon arrangement myself. Partnerships will entail some measure of conflict. There is a basic conflict between your needs and wants. The axis involves yourself and another. Your need to pair up and your need to be autonomous need to be balanced out.

I see a very strong, independent person in you. You need a partner who respects that, and is willing to play second banana to you. They must also be careful not to smother you.

Queen of Wands

Take it as an insult from a moron.

That's a pretty hasty condemnation. It sounds like it was meant in jest. I make such jokes about my own chart occasionally. And, to be fair, it seems like from reading the original post that their friend didn't have access to the whole chart, only those three points. Sun in Libra is in fall, and an opposition between the two luminaries is tough to deal with, with particular emphasis on romantic relationships because of the 1-7 axis. Virgo is traditionally give a bit of a bad rap -- it's not as glamorous as other signs, what with the associations of servitude and fussiness. "Should be alone" is excessive. There are of course other factors that can and should be looked at for a fuller picture, e.g. Venus placement, lord of the 7th for partnership, 5th for romance, 8th for sex, 4th for the establishing of a home, various Arabic parts if you're into those, but, based solely on the Sun, Moon and Ascendant I would say that relationships are going to be more difficult for this person than for most people and require more active learning and self-analysis, and careful choosing of the right partner to suit all these challenges. To me, that actually means the opposite of "should be alone." Growth is good !

gen6k

astrology is an evolutionary process. the potentiality archetype can be constant if its connected to saturn, but more often than not there are certain multilayered evolutionary processes going on from year to year, month to month, day to day, saturn return to saturn return, jupiter return, solar return, etc.

even if venus stays in the 12th you get Different shades of it. a complete blockage should only last in most cases until venus in progression surpasses a negative position, or a transit phase somewhere ends.

for example if you have venus in progressions in 1st house then it would be a different story of the 12th. it would be 12th-1st reciprocation. then there are also tertiary progressions .

here are some tools to help you see when you would have a better love phase.

long-term transits to venus related houses. you would have to wait for these to clear out. for example saturn moving in to the next sign for some people might make a difference. also check dipositers of planets not just rulers.

progressions. if venus is opposite 6th which is a significator of conflicts then there would be some kind of problem for a while, but then when it moves to a different aspect range there would be new kinds of connections. also looking at things like progression ascendant or other positions that would help along the process. there are different types of progressions, but the most common formula is day for a year. it starts calculating the days after your birthday.

solar arcs: sometimes theres information about the thematic content a particular concentration of thought in them. it also acts as another chart not only a transit. it is another type of progression based on the movement of the sun with your natal sun. its more movement of ego based.

solar return: when natal venus is in the 12th and SR venus also lands in the 12th then it will be a dead calm. lunar return would be a month-to-month type of emotional reciprocation towards the situation when one cares and when one doesnt. usually in SR if someone is looking for love it'll show in 5th or 7th. if its 5th and 7th with negative aspects it might not come through.

vimshotarri dasha: timetables are also about themes, and when a particular planet is activated with receptions this might indicate a more austere or aesthetic period. these try to sum up the entire more than one year phase under a certain "planet". this is because of the rhythmic patterns of the sky, but several subperiods are needed for timing and outcome. the planet will be activated or you'll run in to it, but its more about the lingering stream that it produces. its not exact and too precarious by itself, but when added to transits+chart it denotes a severity and cluster.

its all interconnected. if there is a phase somewhere in the chart it'll probably also point to it from a different perspective with another technique. one has to only look at the natal+transits to get an idea if they look closely at the details, but they wouldnt know the proportions of it.

now. astrology is sometimes about getting a grip on the thematic lessons its not a wish fufillment type of thing, but if you find the right steps the path will change. it goes up and down and around, so you will be paid back if you notice everything else.

Last edited:
Thank you for your responses and insight.

"I see a very strong, independent person in you. You need a partner who respects that, and is willing to play second banana to you. They must also be careful not to smother you."

GeminiRising, you are 100% correct. I value my autonomy greatly. I have known plenty of Librans who jump from relationship to relationship, but I can't tell you the number of times I have ended partnerships because I felt I was being suffocated. The question is: how do I balance my needs? (the constant dilemma for every Libra...) :tongue:

"Sun in Libra is in fall, and an opposition between the two luminaries is tough to deal with, with particular emphasis on romantic relationships because of the 1-7 axis."

Queen of Wands, I do agree with you. I'm curious to what "in fall" means though? I haven't read up on that before.

Gen6k, that is all fascinating. I think astro.com could provide me with some of those transits, but how would I analyze them further? I'm not exceptional at that..

seira

Refund? They likely may want to trade with you. But I won't explain why. I would have to know your 4th sign, your tao te ching element and four pillars of destiny calculations, along with some questions about your palm to see more clearly. But if you are a Libra- you very well can figure it out yourself :p

gen6k

fall and detriment in modern times can be reciprocated. you would still have the emblem. it can be utilized as a curve ball, or its energy can be reciprocated with a proper sign placement in another placement.

for example if someone has a fall moon, but a cancer ascendant than that makes up for it at least by expression.

there are cases when its even better than domicile because it creates the energetic polarity with exalted or domicile endings.

1 or 2 detriments is okay and a unique view, but then if theres squares to it can be self-defeating.

the good part about detriment is that the planet still functions as its quality, but then it takes the shape of its opposite sign. it contains fullness inside of it. that is why it is also at times believable because it knows the game where it isnt supposed to. then if its connected to something else in domicile reception then its even better.

Last edited:

Queen of Wands

Waiting,

In traditional astrology it is considered that a planet does not function very easily in fall, unlike in exaltation where it easily displays its best qualities. The fall and exaltation signs for one planet are always opposite each other. In this case the Sun, which represents the personal ego, is in a sign that orients itself toward the other. You can see how that might have been traditionally considered a weakness. Too much diplomacy and concern for the opinions of others makes self expression more difficult, or at least slower, hence the infamous Libra indecision.

You hit the nail on your head when you asked about balancing your needs. That's pretty much the exact lesson you're meant to learn with a Sun Moon opposition.