Saturn in Cancer=pot belly?

4leafclovah

I understand that Saturn in Cancer can indicate problems with the digestive system. Could it also be that with this placement fat is stored in the abdominal region due to the stress of not being able to deal with emotions? Anyone have this problem? I am a slender female , but i have this belly i can't get rid of! :(

Neptune Rising

Hey there :)

I wonder if it depends on where Saturn is placed...
I have Saturn in Cancer in the 7th/8th, and I'm slender too, but I do alot of yoga and Mars in the 1st might make me too energetic to store too much fat.

NR

4leafclovah

Neptune Rising said:
Hey there :)

I wonder if it depends on where Saturn is placed...
I have Saturn in Cancer in the 7th/8th, and I'm slender too, but I do alot of yoga and Mars in the 1st might make me too energetic to store too much fat.

NR
Lucky you ;) Hmm, but I have Mars in Cap/6th and I am very energetic! I wonder what else i could look to see what else might cause this. I know that some of it is genes,but I really think Sat/Cancer is the culprit!

Neptune Rising

Is it on your Ascendant the Saturn?

Myself and most people I know think pot bellies are lovely, sounds like a Moon thing too, giving a womanly shape..

NR

4leafclovah

Neptune Rising said:
Is it on your Ascendant the Saturn?

Myself and most people I know think pot bellies are lovely, sounds like a Moon thing too, giving a womanly shape..

NR

No, my Saturn is in the 11th. My pot belly isn't lovely, it's a landmark!

mickey

I am not sure what astrological aspect this would apply to as my grandmother (libra), my mother (Scorpio), my daughter (libra sun, libra moon, scorpio asc) and myself (ariies sun, cap moon and virgo asc) all have pot bellies, despite being slim elsewhere. Not sure if it is an hereditary thing (at least in our case).

4leafclovah

tsquare said:
Do you suppress allot of your emotions?
Yes, and that would definitely explain the pot belly and the challenge of Saturn in Cancer. So maybe it's the fire in the belly(energy stored) that needs to find the appropriate release? I don't think the belly would completely go away, but it might make a difference!

Virinchi

just saturn in cancer will not cause pot belly
saturn has to be your lord of ascendant or cancer has to be your 6th house

4leafclovah

Virinchi said:
just saturn in cancer will not cause pot belly
saturn has to be your lord of ascendant or cancer has to be your 6th house
What if Saturn is lord of the 6th?

Virinchi

yeah 6th lord will be controlling abdomen area

if he's placed in heavy watery sign cancer/pisces etc person can have pot belly

Virinchi said:
yeah 6th lord will be controlling abdomen area

if he's placed in heavy watery sign cancer/pisces etc person can have pot belly
Oh no T___T it's true though (if you mean 6th house lord)....:(( I'll never have 1 pack *__* despite all this tennis and crunching.4leafclovah (cool name lol) I feel you~ (whyyyy T___T)

What signs of 6th lord that guarantees/implies a washboard :p?

Cap? Gem? :-??

Last edited:
Caprising said:
Saturn generally restricts and contracts, so someone with capricorn rising or saturn in the first house will generally be skinny,bony even. Look to Jupiter for expansion, especially around the ascendant either natally or by progression or the progressed ascendant contacting Jupiter. This "expansion" is often caused by the natives eating habits and lack of exercise, Jupiter can expand the apetite for example, or could expand nervous/emotional tension leading to "comfort eating". Before you start wishing for a strong saturnian position in your chart, remember that along with the Jupiter expansion of the belly we also usually get an expanded sense of optimism, and find it easy to be "jolly", where as the saturnian frame of mind is more serious/less fun.

Yes! Progressed Asc crossing Natal Jupiter (next is progressed Sun) has made me more jolly/funny/chill-laxing (Mars in Taurus already chilled :p) and....consume food/sweets like there's no tmr..T__T poor my belly lolz

Last edited: