View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2016, 02:50 AM

Re: Sun destroyed by South Node conjunction

Thanks. A good aphorism is that, "The stars impel, but they do not compel."

Put differently, a horoscope places certain boundaries on our lives, but within those boundaries, we have a lot of flexibility and choices to make.

In the modern astrology I practice there aren't any innately bad planets or points in the chart. I do not subscribe to a heavy fatalism or determinism.

The south node is simply your comfort zone, where you're coming from, what you've mastered or what comes easily or naturally to you. This can be very helpful, but you can stagnate in this area if you stay in it too long. Your growth lies with your north node, even where it seems very out of character. (Or maybe because it seems out of character.)

I don't know what kind of dangerous living you're doing: hopefully not drugs, because with Neptune opposite sun, this is a risk. With sun square Jupiter, you may feel that, "If a little is good, a lot is better." With moon square Uranus, your moods and feelings are apt to change suddenly, and you may crave novelty for its own sake. Uranus square Mars can be a real dare-devil! (Do you jump motorcycles over cliffs for fun, or something?)

But you're not a youngster anymore. Hopefully, these days, you look to a more profound meaning of the 9th house: wisdom and developing a mature life philosophy.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
WannaBeSag (04-15-2021)