Thread: Gen Z
View Single Post
Unread 06-22-2021, 02:30 AM

Unhappy Re: Gen Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-thinking View Post
Gen Zs truly are a wonder.

The other day a 20 year old posted on an astrological page and showed conversations between her and her boyfriend.

I was stunned by the level of articulation of feeling between both of these individuals.

I felt old.

What's responsible for kids going from the 2000s y2k, trashy groupie culture to one so preppy and sophisticated?
Gens X (born 1964-79) and Y (1980-95) recall a more economically stagnated America in the late 1970s-early 90s, and how our both culture and society changed so much in the late 1960s-early 80s. I suppose Gen Z are affluent and better educated after all, the offspring of "yuppies" instead of "hippies", and a strong retro-conservative yet socially liberal emphasis of getting along with others. However, 1 out of 5 children today, esp 1 out of 4 boys have autism (spectrum disorders) are stigmatized and stereotyped as poorly-educated and bad etiquette-ridden "man-children" mostly attributed to Gen Z (1995-2009).