Chat Thread

AquarianRising

Yikes. Long day; gotta play catch-up on replies.

Such long texts...

Well, I've got a lot to say. And it's a forum; if you actually had an issue with reading long texts, you'd use Twitter instead. :lol:

Like what things?

I'll get in to that later; I owe Chrysalis a video on that very subject, since I was outta the house for most of the day.

That's not the same thing... someone buying p0rn isn't harming anyone. Literally no one.

That's untrue. It vindicates peoples' sexual indiscretions and promotes further acts of the same type. It's the social nature of humans; when we do things our peers seem to appreciate, we do more of that thing, even if it's unhealthy. That's where "higher nature" comes in. "Lower nature is all about compulsion". "Higher nature" is a matter of choice. Not all choices are great, but aside from life-sustaining necessities, no compulsion is ever a good thing. That goes the same for sex as it does with drugs as it does with animalistic rage. These things rob us of choice, making them inherently subversive to our higher, choice-making abilities. (And bear in mind that "chooices and future plans" are two key terms associated with the sign Aquarius. So whether you agree with me or not, that is how most people will eventually think about these same matters.

What... didn't you just say that our animal nature does take sex casually??? Besides, humans nowadays are able to perform action above their instincts because we're not cave people anymore.

I did. And I've said nothing contradictory, there. And if self-control and a drive to do better today than we've done yesterday is the primary difference between "cave men" and "modern humans" then I'd say humanity is mostly comprised of cave people, on both sides of the gender-divide. We've talked about how so many people are, metaphorically speaking, "asleep at the wheel" and you've more-or-less agreed with that conclusion before. There's no real difference here, except that it's a vice you have an interest in engaging in. If we were discussing liberal policies, I don't think you and I would be in disagreement that they're harmful and those who enact them should be educated to understand the harm their policies inflict on our entire culture and all it's multiple sub-groups. If you can step back from this subject we're on a bit further, I think you can understand where I'm coming from just fine. Maybe even agree, if grudgingly.

I mean, you're putting off your sleep and not sleeping when the sun goes down... what's wrong with that??? Why are you taking you're sleep so casually??? According to studies, people who get less sleep and don't sleep according to their sleep patterns are more unhealthy and blah blah blah....

I don't take sleep casually, I take my waking life seriously; there's a big difference. And while there's no question that I push myself, I never push myself to the extent that it significantly impacts my overall health. I do a pretty good job of keeping an even keel on that front. The biggest source of the problem is generally that I've got more energy than I can really burn off in a "normal" waking cycle, so rather than being awake for fourteen hours and going to sleep for eight, I'm awake (and quite functional) for close to twenty hours at most (if I've done nothing particularly exerting during the day) and sleep for somewhere between six to eight hours. So by the time I've been awake and slept my full cycle, it's been like a day and a quarter, which causes this weird cycle'drift that makes aiming at a bedtime like trying to hit a target off the back of a feline on catnip. :andy:

I don't worry about people I don't care about. I don't care about people in Africa and you probably don't either. Are we inhumane for not caring about them? I don't think we are.

There are actual psychological limits to how many people you can hold in your mind at any one time in terms of actual, personal compassion and so on. Which is why far-left liberals always sound so fake -- because they are. Being sympathetic toward a group is not the same thing as being sympathetic toward an individual, which is why we as a species created such large group-abstractions in the first place. Because it enables our primitive minds to conceptualize on a scale they're fundamentally unequipped to under natural circumstances.

But feeling empathy for masses isn't so much the issue here; it's about awareness of shared humanity and a willingness to take personal responsibility for your actions as a member of a conscientious society (albeit human society that is considerably less conscientious than in peoples' imaginings) in the same fashion that other are supposed to do in turn. Someone doesn't have to know you or care about you as an individual at all to return your phone when you accidentally leave it at the store. They do it because it's the right thing to do, and they understand that doing the right thing is the only thing keeping most people from running around, slitting the throats of everyone that bugs them slightly. It goes back to higher nature versus lower nature, choice versus compulsion.

If you want people's welfare to rise, the free market fixes that, not people's generosity and being considerate.

The free market does not, in fact, fix it. Do you have any idea how many government regulations keep corporations from effing people in the ayy? LOL! Freedom isn't free, dude. It costs us, either in compliance with agreed-upon rules or belief in a deeper ethical structure, or whatever. Fact is that, given half a choice, these corporations would charge the rest of us every cent they possibly could for basic living standards like homes and food, leaving everyone else penniless and destitute, and completely reliant on their products. Like I said before, humans are inherently limited in the number of people we are emotionally wired to empathize with. That's how "herd mentality" forms, and when fostered unethically, it results in groups who don't care about anyone else getting scr3w3d so long as they come out on top.

I'm apathetic because it's not business what people do with their lives. And I expect the same from others. People do their **** and I'll do my own. If we have something in common then we'll trade with each other.

I get a distinct impression there are altogether different reasons for your apathy, but that aside, human culture is symbiotic in nature. No matter how badly some folks have done by you, the fact remains that our actions affect one another. "No man is an island." And your interactions with others will always involve much more than simple economic transactions. Moreover, part of living around other humans, in a state of balance, involves understanding that some people are more social or emotional creatures and being able and willing to interact with them in a fashion at least tangentially appropriate to the circumstances. I'm not talking about subsection to their social mores, obviously, just not calling art pointless when you're talking to an artist, that sorta mundane cr@p. You know what I'm saying. Just the basic considerations that make life eaiser.

I have empathy... please, not this again. Having a well developed EQ or empathy, although is a great and intelligent quality to have, can also make people incredibly stupid.

You literally just said in the last paragraph that you're apathetic -- your own words! :biggrin:

Anyway, no, having a high EQ doesn't make people stupid; having a low IQ is why some people are stupid. Some of the most intelligent people I know have both a high IQ and EQ or alternatively a high EQ and an average IQ. People with a low IQ cannot, by the very nature of the mind's cognitive functions, also have a high EQ.

If people ruin their lives because they decide to do p0rn that's their problem. Who cares if there are consequences good or bad.

There's negative consequences to virtually every job anyway.

I care. Many do. Not necessarily because we care about the "actors" and "actresses" themselves, but because we understand the impact their actions have on our society, and thus on the individuals within that society. You're too quick to presume people don't affect one another at all; your own apathy is proof against this. Take time to mull over it and dig deeper into yourself; you're more than intelligent enough to understand the interconnectedness of people, although it may be that your personal injuries make exploring that segment of your history rather more difficult than it might be for others.

And a lot of people believe they're victims when they clearly aren't victims. It's all in perspective.

But we're not talking about people who claim victimhood, are we? We're talking about people who don't believe they are victims. Context is important.

I don't even know what you mean by the masculine and feminine thing...

Well, I'm not sure I can explain it in a fashion better-tailored to your particular style of learning. There are articles and videos on the topic that you might assimilate more easily; I know I get a bit yammery.

If that's what people want then who cares. But I'm not saying for sex to be that casual. We're talking about p0rn and consensual sex, not rape or incest.

LMAO! No, I know that wasn't what you meant, I was poking you in the ribs with an exaggerated example of your reasoning. Just f*ckin' around! :tongue: And I don't think you'd be any more okay with it than anybody else, even if you're less-inclined than most to make an issue of it.

What makes it not casual??? Any activity can be made casual or serious depending on how you look at it.

Music may be a serious subject to a composer or music producer while the average person just doesn't care.

I have no argument with this, but I don't see how it detracts from my core point: that people should be careful not to care too little. Particularly matters that can lead to unintended psychological damages.

I don't care what some teachers say. Not gonna close down the p0rn industry cuz some monks disagree.

I wasn't just talking about monks, ancient or otherwise, I was talking about people throughout history who've had ideas about things, some of them actually pretty good when you stop to think about them. Look, if you don't care about anything at all (which I wouldn't buy for a nickle) then the first step is repairing the damages done to your mind so that you can move on and grow beyond your present limits. There are people you can turn to to help you work through all that deeper stuff, but nobody can help you if you reject the help, and then nothing improves for you and everything remains dull and grey. You've gotta check in with your higher nature, your decision-making faculties, if you're ever going to lift yourself out of the muck.

Sure lets take sex really seriously from now on. Close down p0rn completely, cuz that's "dirty." No fetishes because that's "dirty." Only have sex with one other person and you have to be married to them... you can't have sex with anyone else even if the person you're married to doesn't want to have sex...and every time it has to be in doggy position on saturdays at 8 pm during a full moon.

That sounds super fun....

I'm not talking puritanism, dude, I'm talking personal responsibility. I'm talking about doing things for a reason, not because you simply felt compelled by animal instinct. I'm talking about making more decisions and fewer mistakes. How many people out there give up on love because they've been hurt ten too many time? How many people end up scr3wing anybody they take a mild attraction to just because they can't stand the idea of feeling that sort of hurt again? And how many people end up feeling empty inside because, ultimately, they allowed themselves to be led around by biological impulses rather than utilizing the amazing capacities of their minds to make better, longer-term choices?

You may not believe that my points hold any weight, Apps, but if I can convince you of one thing tonight, let this be it: I make the arguments I do not out of any stupid sense of superiority, but because I know first-hand how cold and messed-up the world can be and I believe that we can all make our each others' lives better by making better choices in life. And better choices begin with better understandings. I don't know you, and honestly, I wouldn't be all that shaken up if you died tomorrow. You and I don't have that kind of emotional bond. But I consider it my responsibility to go out of my way to help you so that your improved life can more positively impact the lives of those with which I do have such an emotional bond.

Ooph! Christ, that was a long post! Mom just completed an episode of Downton Abby while I typed this; those are, what, an hour? Two? Anywho, on to the next reply! :lol:

AquarianRising

... I'm a committed person.

Until they want you all to themselves, and then you feel compelled to break it off, right? That's what the context of your words suggests, at any rate. It's called commitment phobia, as I presume you are aware. It has a cause; it's not like it just came outta nowhere. You may not care, but you could grow a lot as a person by digging around in your head and trying to figure out where all that comes from. The originating trauma could be resolved then, whereas it presently isn't even known, seems like. I mean, you've displayed a bit of disdain for deeper thinking, so I'd be pretty surprised if you had an in-depth comprehension of the sources of some of your more disruptive social patterns.

Boston Guy

I've always believed chastity was important in fostering discipline and self-control for younger people. This said, while I was never promiscuous, I fell short of my own standards several times.

AquarianRising

I've always believed chastity was important in fostering discipline and self-control for younger people. This said, while I was never promiscuous, I fell short of my own standards several times.

So have I, yeah. Like I've said before, my intention isn't to cast value-judgment, just to provide a clearer understanding of the importance of self-comprehension and self-containment. It's entirely too easy for people to take offense when these issues are brought up precisely because sex is such a deeply-rooted issue. Things that run that deep are all the more important to treat with care and openness.

AppLeo

Well, I've got a lot to say. And it's a forum; if you actually had an issue with reading long texts, you'd use Twitter instead. :lol:

...but I like being on here.

I'll get in to that later; I owe Chrysalis a video on that very subject, since I was outta the house for most of the day.

Oh okay..

That's untrue. It vindicates peoples' sexual indiscretions and promotes further acts of the same type. It's the social nature of humans; when we do things our peers seem to appreciate, we do more of that thing, even if it's unhealthy. That's where "higher nature" comes in. "Lower nature is all about compulsion". "Higher nature" is a matter of choice. Not all choices are great, but aside from life-sustaining necessities, no compulsion is ever a good thing. That goes the same for sex as it does with drugs as it does with animalistic rage. These things rob us of choice, making them inherently subversive to our higher, choice-making abilities. (And bear in mind that "chooices and future plans" are two key terms associated with the sign Aquarius. So whether you agree with me or not, that is how most people will eventually think about these same matters.

Well we need to breathe... are we not our higher selves when we indulge in oxygen intake??

I did. And I've said nothing contradictory, there.

Yes you did.

And if self-control and a drive to do better today than we've done yesterday is the primary difference between "cave men" and "modern humans" then I'd say humanity is mostly comprised of cave people, on both sides of the gender-divide. We've talked about how so many people are, metaphorically speaking, "asleep at the wheel" and you've more-or-less agreed with that conclusion before. There's no real difference here, except that it's a vice you have an interest in engaging in.

Hmm...

If we were discussing liberal policies, I don't think you and I would be in disagreement that they're harmful and those who enact them should be educated to understand the harm their policies inflict on our entire culture and all it's multiple sub-groups. If you can step back from this subject we're on a bit further, I think you can understand where I'm coming from just fine. Maybe even agree, if grudgingly.

Sure whatever, I agree with you.

I don't take sleep casually, I take my waking life seriously; there's a big difference.

BAHAHA, what a load of horse $hit.

I don't eat a lot of fatty foods because I suck at dieting, I just make sure I have enough fat stored for the winter DurrrurDURRURRURR

And while there's no question that I push myself, I never push myself to the extent that it significantly impacts my overall health.

Well, maybe peolpe in the p0rn industry, or people like me who have some casual encounters, don't do it so much that it impacts their emotional health.

I do a pretty good job of keeping an even keel on that front. The biggest source of the problem is generally that I've got more energy than I can really burn off in a "normal" waking cycle, so rather than being awake for fourteen hours and going to sleep for eight, I'm awake (and quite functional) for close to twenty hours at most (if I've done nothing particularly exerting during the day) and sleep for somewhere between six to eight hours. So by the time I've been awake and slept my full cycle, it's been like a day and a quarter, which causes this weird cycle'drift that makes aiming at a bedtime like trying to hit a target off the back of a feline on catnip. :andy:

Ohh, I see...

There are actual psychological limits to how many people you can hold in your mind at any one time in terms of actual, personal compassion and so on. Which is why far-left liberals always sound so fake -- because they are.

Ya, I know they're horrible people.

Being sympathetic toward a group is not the same thing as being sympathetic toward an individual, which is why we as a species created such large group-abstractions in the first place. Because it enables our primitive minds to conceptualize on a scale they're fundamentally unequipped to under natural circumstances.

We're talking about the p0rn industry. We are sympathizing with a group of people. So nice try on that one.

But feeling empathy for masses isn't so much the issue here; it's about awareness of shared humanity and a willingness to take personal responsibility for your actions as a member of a conscientious society (albeit human society that is considerably less conscientious than in peoples' imaginings) in the same fashion that other are supposed to do in turn.

I mean I guess...

Someone doesn't have to know you or care about you as an individual at all to return your phone when you accidentally leave it at the store. They do it because it's the right thing to do, and they understand that doing the right thing is the only thing keeping most people from running around, slitting the throats of everyone that bugs them slightly. It goes back to higher nature versus lower nature, choice versus compulsion.[/QUOTE]

Mehh... if you lose your phone that shiit is on you.

The free market does not, in fact, fix it.

Uhhh... yeah it does. Capitalism is the reason why we don't have to worry about starving to death or hunt for food.

Do you have any idea how many government regulations keep corporations from effing people in the ayy?

There's too many regulations; it's ridiculous. We need to cut them out.

LOL! Freedom isn't free, dude. It costs us, either in compliance with agreed-upon rules or belief in a deeper ethical structure, or whatever.

Regulations are even more expensive.

Fact is that, given half a choice, these corporations would charge the rest of us every cent they possibly could for basic living standards like homes and food, leaving everyone else penniless and destitute, and completely reliant on their products.[/QUOTE]

That's a hell of a lot better than relying on the government or people's generosity. Corporations are not bad; they're very good things.

Like I said before, humans are inherently limited in the number of people we are emotionally wired to empathize with. That's how "herd mentality" forms, and when fostered unethically, it results in groups who don't care about anyone else getting scr3w3d so long as they come out on top.

That's why you only empathize with people worth your time.

I get a distinct impression there are altogether different reasons for your apathy, but that aside, human culture is symbiotic in nature.

Like what reasons lol...

No matter how badly some folks have done by you, the fact remains that our actions affect one another. "No man is an island." And your interactions with others will always involve much more than simple economic transactions.

I guess.... people allow themselves to be affected by others more than they should, honestly.

Moreover, part of living around other humans, in a state of balance, involves understanding that some people are more social or emotional creatures and being able and willing to interact with them in a fashion at least tangentially appropriate to the circumstances. I'm not talking about subsection to their social mores, obviously, just not calling art pointless when you're talking to an artist, that sorta mundane cr@p. You know what I'm saying. Just the basic considerations that make life eaiser.

Yeah...

You literally just said in the last paragraph that you're apathetic -- your own words! :biggrin:

I'm like both.. I have empathy for people I care about.

Anyway, no, having a high EQ doesn't make people stupid; having a low IQ is why some people are stupid. Some of the most intelligent people I know have both a high IQ and EQ or alternatively a high EQ and an average IQ. People with a low IQ cannot, by the very nature of the mind's cognitive functions, also have a high EQ.

Okay, whatever..

I care. Many do. Not necessarily because we care about the "actors" and "actresses" themselves, but because we understand the impact their actions have on our society, and thus on the individuals within that society. You're too quick to presume people don't affect one another at all; your own apathy is proof against this.

Watching p0rn doesn't really impact anyone except yourself.

Take time to mull over it and dig deeper into yourself; you're more than intelligent enough to understand the interconnectedness of people, although it may be that your personal injuries make exploring that segment of your history rather more difficult than it might be for others.

My personal injuries? what are you talking about...

But we're not talking about people who claim victimhood, are we? We're talking about people who don't believe they are victims. Context is important.

Yeah well, I'm saying it's all in perspective. Being a victim is up to what the person themselves thinks.

Well, I'm not sure I can explain it in a fashion better-tailored to your particular style of learning. There are articles and videos on the topic that you might assimilate more easily; I know I get a bit yammery.

Mehh, I'll just pretend you didn't say anything about that because I don't care about that masculine/feminine bull.

LMAO! No, I know that wasn't what you meant, I was poking you in the ribs with an exaggerated example of your reasoning. Just f*ckin' around! :tongue: And I don't think you'd be any more okay with it than anybody else, even if you're less-inclined than most to make an issue of it.

Incest is disgusting and of course I'd show disdain for it, but in the end I really don't care.

I have no argument with this, but I don't see how it detracts from my core point: that people should be careful not to care too little. Particularly matters that can lead to unintended psychological damages.

I think the problem is that people care too much. Live and let live.

I wasn't just talking about monks, ancient or otherwise, I was talking about people throughout history who've had ideas about things, some of them actually pretty good when you stop to think about them. Look, if you don't care about anything at all (which I wouldn't buy for a nickle) then the first step is repairing the damages done to your mind so that you can move on and grow beyond your present limits.

What....

My mind isn't damaged. I'm not limited either.

I don't even watch p0rn. I mean sometimes if I'm bored, but I don't need it to get all excited. I don't understand how guys absolutely need p0rn to get in the mood... don't they have imaginations. And I literally just did the "promiscuous stuff" to experience something a little different. I don't go out and just let loose like an idiot.

There are people you can turn to to help you work through all that deeper stuff, but nobody can help you if you reject the help, and then nothing improves for you and everything remains dull and grey. You've gotta check in with your higher nature, your decision-making faculties, if you're ever going to lift yourself out of the muck.

I don't have a higher nature. There's just me; the good and the bad. Screww that higher self guru superficial self-help nonsense.

Everything in moderation. Be loyal, but don't be utterly committed.

I'm not talking puritanism, dude, I'm talking personal responsibility. I'm talking about doing things for a reason, not because you simply felt compelled by animal instinct. I'm talking about making more decisions and fewer mistakes.

Doing p0rn and having some casual sex isn't a mistake if you know what you're doing.

People can make mistakes by doing virtuous things.

How many people out there give up on love because they've been hurt ten too many time?

Maybe cuz love is kind of bull$hit. lol

How many people end up scr3wing anybody they take a mild attraction to just because they can't stand the idea of feeling that sort of hurt again? And how many people end up feeling empty inside because, ultimately, they allowed themselves to be led around by biological impulses rather than utilizing the amazing capacities of their minds to make better, longer-term choices?

Maybe they're just too dumb to reach their true potential lol. Suks for them.

You may not believe that my points hold any weight, Apps, but if I can convince you of one thing tonight, let this be it: I make the arguments I do not out of any stupid sense of superiority, but because I know first-hand how cold and messed-up the world can be and I believe that we can all make our each others' lives better by making better choices in life. And better choices begin with better understandings.

Yeah...

I don't know you, and honestly, I wouldn't be all that shaken up if you died tomorrow.

:kissing:

You and I don't have that kind of emotional bond. But I consider it my responsibility to go out of my way to help you so that your improved life can more positively impact the lives of those with which I do have such an emotional bond.

You don't have an emotional bond to anyone I have in contact with, but I see what you're saying...

Ooph! Christ, that was a long post! Mom just completed an episode of Downton Abby while I typed this; those are, what, an hour? Two? Anywho, on to the next reply! :lol:

Maybe you should type less on here :sideways:

Boston Guy

And on the next episode of "Sex: Is it OK?" with AppLeo and AquarianRising, we find that...

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm a bit of an interloper, and while I might be new I must stress that sex should and ought to be a private matter. P0rn, while a proper business, causes societal problems and is, in essence, a business of exploitation. Consent of a willing adult does not negate the instance of exploitation, mind, and I'd be hard pressed to find a lady who entertains because of adult film to be entirely willing. Often times, many of these so-called stars have issues in development; issues left without care.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that while capitalism prospers (and right it should), there is a system that rivals capitalism: the zeitgeist of the people. While sex ought to be within certain confines and be held as a private matter (so as to not inflate its value), sex can also be utilized in a way no other asset could. In the field of retail, for example, sex is sold daily. Not by the act, but by the potential of the act. The potential that the act might happen if one wears this or that.

I think I'm rambling. However, I should stress that we need to nurture those who are lost and treat them with a sense of charity.

Last edited:

AquarianRising

It's AquarianRisings fault for typing blocks of text.

So, hold on, it's my fault that you're dodging logic? Because I'm informing you... Huh. My apologies. I have a bad habit of teaching the under-educated. I should stop doing that; people are clearly much happier being ignorant and narcissistic. Trust me, I won't make that mistake with you again. I just assumed there was some degree of integrity or basic humanity under that veneer of desperate affectations.

AquarianRising

And on the next episode of "Sex: Is it OK?" with AppLeo and AquarianRising, we find that...

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm a bit of an interloper, and while I might be new I must stress that sex should and ought to be a private matter. P0rn, while a proper business, causes societal problems and is, in essence, a business of exploitation. Consent of a willing adult does not negate the instance of exploitation, mind, and I'd be hard pressed to find a lady who entertains because of adult film to be entirely willing. Often times, many of these so-called stars have issues in development; issues left without care.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that while capitalism prospers (and right it should), there is a system that rivals capitalism: the zeitgeist of the people. While sex ought to be within certain confines and be held as a private matter (so as to not inflate its value), sex can also be utilized in a way no other asset could. In the field of retail, for example, sex is sold daily. Not by the act, but by the potential of the act. The potential that the act might happen if one wears this or that.

I think I'm rambling. However, I should stress that we need to nurture those who are lost and treat them with a sense of charity.

I made a meme a while back. Unsurprisingly, it never caught on. Similar premise to one of the things you've gotten at, although I like your term "sexual inflation". I'll have to add that to my vernacular. :unsure:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 509545659244823.jpg
    509545659244823.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 130