Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Waiting for David to comment on this.

I'm expecting much more from the confluence of the two types of Aquarian Ages. I like CapAquaP's version, which is (retrograde-motion) sidereal, as a description of the 28th degree of the (direct-motion) tropical Age of Capricorn.

Last edited:

david starling

:mars:/:uranus: Conjunction was exact at midnight in the last degree of tropical Aries.
(I had a weird dream that Trump is channeling a black hole. :alien:)

Last edited:

david starling

I sort of like this sequence for current life-span: 9 year phases x 12=a possible 108 year longevity. That's the ages of 9/18/27/36/45/54/63/72/81/90/99/108.
Goes along with the 9-month human gestation period, with months translated into years, and the 12 month year.

Last edited:

Witchyone

Is it the internet?

I think it's part of it.

Part of it is changing religious values. People used to have something to look forward to after death. They used to fear God too much to commit suicide. When you decide to leave religion behind morality becomes harder to decipher, more up to the individual to decide. I should know, having lost mine and spent several years in despair over it.

Witchyone

I sort of like this sequence for current life-span: 9 year phases x 12=a possible 108 year longevity. That's the ages of 9/18/27/36/45/54/63/72/81/90/99/108.
Goes along with the 9-month human gestation period, with months translated into years, and the 12 month year.

What if all those people in the Old Testament really did live as long as recorded because they were in a different age...

What if Methuselah really did live to be almost 1000?

david starling

Existentialism is a fairly recent philosophy. The basic idea is, you create your own reason for living. I would call the current slump in U.S. life-expectancy a failure of the Imagination.

david starling

What if all those people in the Old Testament really did live as long as recorded because they were in a different age...

What if Methuselah really did live to be almost 1000?

I totally agree. There's a prevailing attitude that the Age-conditions were, and will be, all the same as now, except for the available technology. I believe they're radically different, but we project our own Age-conditions onto them.

Gemini888

I don't see Gemw and Stars around these days... :crying:

I really like Witchy, a nice combination of tough and soft :wink: Leo Mars and Pisces Moon working fine together.

Witchyone

Existentialism is a fairly recent philosophy. The basic idea is, you create your own reason for living. I would call the current slump in U.S. life-expectancy a failure of the Imagination.

Partly. I have a very big and active imagination but I still suffer from depressions, and in those depressions, existential angst consumes me.

I mean, existentialism is not exactly a pleasant route for even the very imaginative. Look at some of the titles.

Kierkegaard: Fear and Trembling
Nietzsche: The Birth of Tragedy, Human, All Too Human
Camus: The Plague, The Stranger
Sartre: Being and Nothingness, Nausea

petosiris

Banned
I think it's part of it.

Part of it is changing religious values. People used to have something to look forward to after death. They used to fear God too much to commit suicide. When you decide to leave religion behind morality becomes harder to decipher, more up to the individual to decide. I should know, having lost mine and spent several years in despair over it.

Morality and religion seem to confer an evolutionary advantage, therefore any rational being should adopt those parts that do so. I don't see religion as necessary requirement for altruism - see models of kin selection and reciprocal altruism in evolutionary biology.

Suicide rates could be increasing due to loneliness and isolation in urban areas, but they are not the only factors that contribute to it. Loss of social status is probably the biggest factor for men (who are three times more likely to die by suicide). I don't see how religion can change the latter, although it can obviously impact the earlier by partaking in social community.

Last edited:

david starling

Thanks. :p They're exactly inconjunct, so...wheeeeee!

Is your Saturn retrograde? :unsure:
Nietzsche aside, who was more of a fatalist, the other three have :saturn:r. Just an observation.
Does astrology help you when you're feeling really down? It does that for me, most of the time. It's the death of love ones that's overwhelmed me the most. Religion has a support-group factor, but that hasn't worked for me.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

It's ok. In fact, when you are talking about serious movies, it's better to have a more formal way to critique them (though I don't want to get too formal :tongue:) If I can find a middle ground between formal and informal, that would be TERRIFIC! I admit that I watch a lot of YT reviews that aren't meant to be taken seriously, but they give me some clue on how to present my ideas to my readers.

And yeah, I was trying to say bringing recognition to the movie. But I couldn't think of a way to describe it so I settled down with "convincing". Guess that sent you the wrong message :pinched:

You are the kind of reader I want to have in my asset. The one who can acknowledge the positive and point out things for changes at the same time.

Yeah I think there’s nothing better when someone tells you the truth how they see it, unless it’s done with mal intent, of course. I love writing but it doesn’t always flow well, depending on if I’m going through a depressive mood or the idea I had just doesn’t work. Some people make writing look so easy, I don’t know how they do it, although I’ve noticed when I’m less ‘inside’ myself then it flows better, but when I’m ‘inside’ myself then my imagination is on fire.

I did a quick search for La Vie est Belle, and is this what you are talking about? I haven't seen the movie, but I heard a lot of good things about it, especially when it's about a man thinking of suicide because he thinks he's worthless. That reasonates with me in a lot of way. I haven't heard of the others though.

I honestly swear to god recommend Taxi Driver and King of Comedy, they go well together so could even be watched in the same night. I’m going to find links so people can watch them from here if they are curious.

Taxi Driver is like a black comedy, thriller type and King of Comedy is just genuinely hilarious.

I found Le Vie est Belle, when I watched it it was called by its original name because it’s Italian but it’s going by its English name, Life is Beautiful now. The main character has a funny way of bringing magic to the mundane but when he is kept in a concentration camp with his son, he still manages to bring the magic to the most evil of circumstances. It’s heart-warming.

Life is Beautiful trailer - https://youtu.be/pAYEQP8gx3w-

https://www1.123movies.sc/watch-life-is-beautiful-1997-123movies.html - a link to streaming the movie.

Taxi Driver trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLpMx8_TYOo

King of Comedy trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVhCCo02P4

the scariest movie ever trailer (Possession) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDpFpzbwfiw

Last edited:

david starling

I'll be 72 soon. I'll try thinking of it as a new 9 year phase. Bracing myself, because of all the what-ifs.

Witchyone

Morality and religion seem to confer an evolutionary advantage, therefore any rational being should adopt those parts that do so. I don't see religion as necessary requirement for altruism - see models of kin selection and reciprocal altruism in evolutionary biology.
I agree.

Suicide rates could be increasing due to loneliness and isolation in urban areas, but they are not the only factors that contribute to it. Loss of social status is probably the biggest factor for men (who are three times more likely to die by suicide). I don't see how religion can change the latter, although it can obviously impact the earlier by partaking in social community.

There are many factors. I'm not suggesting that religion "can" or should change that, but that at least in the West decrease in religious belief tracks pretty closely to decrease in traditional values. They're not one in the same, but they're closely linked. Christianity has dominated, and it has traditionally supported strict gender and social roles. I see a direct link between roles and status.

Witchyone

Is your Saturn retrograde? :unsure:
Nietzsche aside, who was more of a fatalist, the other three have :saturn:r. Just an observation.
Does astrology help you when you're feeling really down? It does that for me, most of the time. It's the death of love ones that's overwhelmed me the most. Religion has a support-group factor, but that hasn't worked for me.

No, it's not, but it is square Pluto.

Why do you call Nietzsche a fatalist? I don't remember most of his works well enough to argue; just curious.

Yes, I guess it does. In fact, I got involved in the board again right after a close friend died.