Astrology Software

tikana

there is a software called jigsaw but it is highly inaccurate... actually all rectification softwares are inaccurate .. this is something a human eye needs more than plug in formulas

Kerrie

Its for my birth time I have 10.10am but I am thinking it may be between 10.05am and 10.10am. So I wanted to see what I would get with a software program.

Very important at the moment as I have T Uranus sextile MC, lol.

Is jigsaw free?

Inside Out Orange

Very important at the moment as I have T Uranus sextile MC, lol.

I recall reading that Uranus is good for timing transits so that should be a big help to working it out but I guess you're looking at it with the aim of wanting to be proactive and predictive rather than waiting to see what happens!

As we know five mins can be quite a difference. That's a 2.5 degrees on my ascendent ... which was the difference between having Pluto trine it in Jan 2008 and Nov 2009 ...

Personally I'd use something like Astrolog to create six charts for each of the different times (10:05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10) and then keep an eye on when Uranus transits each of the midheavens. But I think even then timings can be affected/exacted by movements of other planets particularly the inner.

Kerrie

Thanks I spent some time on it yesterday doing charts myself and instead of moving it back like I thought, the transits suited for me to move my chart forward 2 minutes. I would have liked to get my MC to 27'07... but the closest I could do with mintues was 27'01 (10.12am) or 27'15 (10.13am). I took the 27'01.

Evergreen

WinStar Express is $69.95 for disc or download. I've used it for years. It does have the capability to enter your own latitude and longitude. I do it all the time. Plus, once you are a customer of Matrix Software you can call in for tech support. It's a very good beginner's program. It's now up to Version 3. http://www.astrologysoftware.com/software/calculation/express/index.asp

Hi Zen

Have you looked into WinStar express? This is often under $100 - they frequently have offers on like buy one get one free, that sort of thing.

www.matrixastrology.com or
www.astrologysoftware.com

Its easy to use, not too colourfull and not too expensive, either. :D

take care

hel

E

eternalautumn

I'd like to suggest Morinus. It's a free download, you just need Python and a few other things on your computer, but the programmer explains everything pretty well on the page. It seems best for more advanced astrologers, but I'm sure newbies could use it too, with a little background knowledge of course. No bugs that I have noticed. It has a lot of great features for medieval and traditional astrologers as well. The one thing that irritated me is that you cannot have orbs set to greater than 17 degrees. This was frustrating as I wanted to set the Sun's orb to 18. But, really not that big of a deal. Has anyone else ever used this?

Cosmiccradle

I'd like to suggest Morinus. It's a free download, you just need Python and a few other things on your computer, but the programmer explains everything pretty well on the page. It seems best for more advanced astrologers, but I'm sure newbies could use it too, with a little background knowledge of course. No bugs that I have noticed. It has a lot of great features for medieval and traditional astrologers as well. The one thing that irritated me is that you cannot have orbs set to greater than 17 degrees. This was frustrating as I wanted to set the Sun's orb to 18. But, really not that big of a deal. Has anyone else ever used this?
You're right when you're right. I happen to be googling on Almuten when I came across this program, I was to say the least, pleasantly surprised. For those looking for a good nay excellent program, that does not need to be installed with many good features, this is the one. You can even throw it on a stick to try it out.

Inside Out Orange

Anyone get Astrolog to run with Windows Vista Home Edition OS?

If so what do I need to know to get it running?

TIA

Can't see a reply but Vista allows you to run specific applications as if they were on an XP-compatible system. You just right-click the EXE application and look in the Properties.

Windows 7 also allows this functionality but trying to run Astrolog under either XP or Vista doesn't work, so I'm now looking around to see what else I can use.

Heatwave1976

Hi there,

I recently purchased an Astrology software program calles Astro22 Astrology V7.5 from a Software company in England called " Ramara House Software". It cost me £145 sterling but is a wonderful program with lots of Interpretative texts and colour wheels.

Hope this helps.

vv99

Is there good software to produce a "Daily Horoscope" for all 12 signs? I have a blog and want to provide them for my readers.

arrex

Almagest is da best! You can do magic with it. Zet 8/9 geo/pro is good too, especially for the beginners, but it lacks the accuracy of Almagest.

Having proper proficiency in programming, you can compile simple scripts for specific purposes, using Michelsen ephemerides.

Last edited:

vv99

Almagest is da best! You can do magic with it. Zet 8/9 geo/pro is good too, especially for the beginners, but it lacks the accuracy of Almagest.

Having proper proficiency in programming, you can compile simple scripts for specific purposes, using Michelsen ephemerides.

Where can I get this? Almagest appears to be a newsletter of LSU or something... :)

zoidsoft

I have written 2 separate programs for astrologers. The first one is Timaeus which is a system tray application that shows the planetary hours / rising sign next to the PC clock and gives a chart display when double clicked. It is primarily for use in Horary and Electional astrology and uses traditional techniques.

The other program is Delphic Oracle which is a research program in the area of Hellenistic astrology. I worked closely with Robert Schmidt (Founder, Greek translator for Project Hindsight) for several years to make it as authentic as possible to the original tradition(s).

I've been running a 50% off x-mas sale for the past few days. The discount ends late on x-mas eve.

zoidsoft

I also recently finished the Terran Atlas with the Olson time zone database which is currently the largest atlas in the field. While this atlas is built into Delphic Oracle and Timaeus, there is also a stand alone version that you can use for your other software.

The Terran Atlas was just released on Nov 20 so I haven't written a Dll yet for other developers who would like to interface directly with the atlas but plans are in the works to do so. Contact me with your language details if you are interested.

I tried to find good astrology software yesterday. I wanted a software which I could install on my Windows XP operating system.But I could not find it. Here I found that software. So I got good information here. Thanks for sharing such information with other members.

Flowergirl

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations on astrology software for Apple MAC. I don't mind paying for it, as long as it is worth it. Free would be nice too. :eek:

I specifically want to use it to keep track of transits if there is such software. It's a bit difficult to keep track of them...

many thanks