Indicators of Musical Talent in a Natal Chart

Mary

Here is my chart,.... what could you say about musical and performing abilities??

any input is really apreciatted

wilsontc

Staff member
Performing arts

Mary,

Since you have least aspected (strong energy) Sun (self-expression, also performing arts) focused in the 10th house, you may have the urge to perform as a career. Since you also have least aspected Mercury (thinking, also talking/daily work) sextile (energy goes easily with) Venus (relationships, also music, art) there may be an interest in communicating with music or some other type of art.

Charting,

Tim

Lunar Pisces

Mary,

What stands out ot me about your chart is moon conjunct ASC - something I've seen a lot in musicians, actors and poets. Strong moon-ASC aspects, even difficult ones makes a lot of sense too in this regard, as these are very emotional and intuitive...and passive-aggressive....forms of communication and expression. The moon is expressive, but not aggressive, so it looks for other, less direct ways. With this conjunction in Gem, you'll definitely want to express yourself, your ideas and thoughts, bu that moon on your ASC would incline you to seek indirect means, possibly through writing, music or role-playing.

You also have Neptune oppo your moon - that is also significant. Water planets intensely aspecting each other can be a source of creative spark and vivid imagination (I have a similar aspect: Pluto rising oppo moon on DC).

Also significant is your Venus. Venus in 9th (I have this too), there's an intellectual bent to your creative drives. You can develop a very refined and sophisticated aesthetic that would be helpful in pursuing any creative pursuit, especially on a more advanced or even professional level. This aesthetic would not be exclusive to arts, though, and may be used in more mudane or pragmatic fields as well. Also, Pisces Venus is a very "musical" placement. It does give someone a very musical personality, even if they are not actually a musician. Musicians with this placement tend to be drawn to/create music that's deeply spiritual or emotional and their music tends to connect with people on a very intuitive level. Pisces-Vensuians tend to also have a highly intuitive understanding or connection with music themselves, and while they don't always possess outstanding technical skills, they do tend to have superb "musicality," a kind of sense of knowing what works musically.

Pallas conjunct Mars in the 3rd- there's your impetus. Either you have skills and talents and are eager to show the world, or you deeply desire to develop skills so to actively participate in something going on int he owrld. This needn't be especially artistic, but can be, espeically with your Libra placement. The 3rd house primary rules thought and communciation, and both are needed in artistic pursuit.

Like Tim mentioned, your 10th house Sun may indicate drive too (I have this as well). With it in Taurus, you're likely someone who deems arts and aesthetics as being very worthy pursuits, and may find a lot of self-validation in these activity. In this sense, the arts would bea good career path for you as it would re-inforce your Taurean essence.

You also have a couple of things that may stand in your way if you are trying to develop your musicianship or other creative pursuits: Marcury in Taurus and Mars in Libra. Both are difficult placements, and prone to procrastination and frustration. Both placements tend to want to throw the towel in too early and dislike hard work. The good news is both are good for creativity - if you don't succumb to their "darker" side. You will need to develop a lot of self-discipline (especially with a Gem moon) to see the fruits of your inherent talents and desires.

Arian Maverick

Thank you for your thorough analyses, Lunar Pisces! I'm learning a lot from your posts :D

Now if only I could learn to interpret my harmonic charts...

Aquarian Maverick

MidnightDevil

I'd love to be a rock star! But the short cash in this lifetime didin't let me flow to it easy! I got Venus Conjuct. Mars in 12H falling in Aries, trining Uranus conjunct Jupiter on my 8H which falls in Sagittarius! I heard it's a great aspect for a rock star :D

Mary

Lunar Pisces,

That´s correct!..., fantastic interpretation! It´s true that sometimes I tend to "throw the towel" It took me some time to develop discipline.

Now, I know this thread is about musical ability either you earn your living from it or not. But I´m just curious if my interpretation of myself is correct:

Considering that neptune (music) is in sagitarius (teaching, editing, publishing)in the 6th house (everyday life, employment), and it is is aspecting the ruler of 10th house(everything professional), Mars in the 3rd (primary education also writing and publishing, short travel) and co-ruler of 10th house Venus (art) in Pisces (Music) in the 9th (higher education). And that also mars is aspecting moon in gemini) (writing , comunicating ) and uranus in sagitarius in the 5th(high school education)
Also I must mention that 2nd house cusp (money, income) is in leo (self expresion, also performing and education) which regent, the sun, is in Taurus (art) in the 10th (career), is opposed to the 6th house sagitarius ruler, jupiter (teaching)

.... could I say that my job and profesion implies teaching music and the preforming arts in all educational levels??

Mary

Wilsontc,

Also my saturn in libra is least aspected (major aspect: opposed to MC) how would you consider this.....delays maybe??

wilsontc

Staff member
inner structure

Mary,

In my opinion, there is a T-square (strong energy) between the nodes focused on Libra (relationships, also music, art) modifying least aspected (strong energy) Saturn (duty, also career, structure) conjunct (energy is combined with) Nadir (inner world). This indicates that developing an inner artistic structure (perhaps in music) is useful in develoing your career. It also suggests that developing this inner, artistic structure is a way to move from your South node (the past) focus on 7th house (relationships, also music, art) to your North node (being, also action). This is interesting because it indicates a development of your self personally out of your relationships with others, and this being accomplished by some sort of inner, artistic? structure.

Guessing,

Tim

Mary

Tim:

Awsome!!! Yes, that interpretation is very accurate.

This is interesting because it indicates a development of your self personally out of your relationships with others, and this being accomplished by some sort of inner, artistic? structure.

Also is interesting that the one who is hepling me building this artistic and inner structure has sun in libra conjunct my saturn and Nadir.

Thanks you all for taking the time to read my chart :D

Arian Maverick

Now that I have my rectified birth chart, are there any specific indicators of musical talent? My first house Aries stellium, perhaps?

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Although I would never wish any harm to befall my zodiac mascot, I must admit that was a very clever answer! :mrgreen:

Shofar- A trumpet made of a ram's horn, blown by the ancient Hebrews during religious ceremonies and as a signal in battle, now sounded in the synagogue during Rosh Hashanah and at the end of Yom Kippur.

EDIT: Here are my updated fifth and seventh harmonic charts in case anyone wants to take a peek :wink:

Fifth Harmonic Chart:

Seventh Harmonic Chart:

Arien Maverick

Lunar Pisces

Like I said to Mary, Moon conjunct ASc is an common aspect I see in charts of musicians. That the moon is the leading planet of that stellium is pretty significant too.

Your Pallas in now int he 12th - that only adds tot he Neptunian quality fo that asteriod in your chart.'

Your Netpune, which is in the 10th, and though not orb-conjunct with your MC, still influences your MC as well as both the planets it conjunct, Satrrun and Uranus.

Gem Mars in the 3rd also could be an impetus to express yourself and communicate. With your strong 1st house Arian stellium (need to express oneself, as well as be intense, make impact and be the focus of attention) plus a Neptunian colored MC and a very Piscean Pallas, it seem music would a very likely avenue of self-expression for you. And like for Mary with her Tarean Sun, music would be a source of self-validation for your Arian Sun - for a Taurus this would be more about aesthetics and the "inner" qualities of music, whereas with Aries, it's more about getting people's attention and making them notice you for who you are and what you are capble of doing.

Arian Maverick

I would absolutely love to revitalize this thread...do we have any other musicans on the forums who have not yet provided their natal data here?

Arian Maverick

C Jayne

Arian Maverick said:
...do we have any other musicans on the forums who have not yet provided their natal data here?

AM--

Really, I would be pretty surprised if there are any astrology enthusiasts who completely lack musical talent!

I think the same energies that make a person want to "listen" to the "other side" are the same ones that make them hear the music life has to offer! Do you see the "music" in my chart? :roll:

-- CJ

Arian Maverick

Really, I would be pretty surprised if there are any astrology enthusiasts who completely lack musical talent!

Yes, I completely agree! That's exactly why I wanted to start up this thread again! :D

Arian Maverick

Lunar Pisces

C Jayne - yes you're probably on to something. Specifically, seeing astrology is linked to both Neptune and Uranus, and these two planets and their corresponding signs are often linked to music, it seems logical to think there's a overlap.

Anyhow, I haven't posted my data here yet:

June 15, 1971
12:10 PM
Santa Monica, CA

In case anyone wants to look at my chart. I have had a life long consuming love for music. I had most of Simon and Garfunkel's songs memorized by the time I was 5. I taught myself to play piano and read music at 8, started playing woodwinds at 9, and taught myself rock and classical guitar starting when I was 15. It was my childhood dream to be a professional musician, which never panned out, despite my efforts. I have a BA in jazz guitar, and I can play guitar (various styles), clarinet, flute, sax, piano/keyboard, Renaissance lute, bass (electric and upright) and viola/violin. I can also sing (2nd alto). I have played in rock/punk bands, jazz bands and duos/trios, chamber ensembles, brass and woodwind bands, marching bands, orchestras, early music ensembles, choruses, church choirs and Gregorian chant choirs. I also write and compose my own music, which, since I am not currently performing, I am doing a fair amount of lately.

Arian Maverick

Thank you for posting your chart, Lunar Pisces! This is rather synchronistic, as I have been searching for several members' natal data--including yours--for most of today!

Here is your natal chart...I will also post some key harmonic charts when I get the chance :wink:

Arian Maverick