Beginner Questions on Natal Chart

Ok, so I have decided to give up my career writing comedy and learn astrology. I know it doesn't pay as well, I just simply cannot acheive hilarity greatness while memorizing glyphs. I am only human.

Chart in hand, I fearlessly begin...Google "Learn Astrology". So far so good. I come across this site: Moon Valley Astrologer. She has a pretty easy to understand approach so I begin.

So, most of it is pretty standard. Then I find Chiron at 14 degrees 21 min Pisces, House 12. Well that explains alot. I was starting to think I was Hitler in my former life. Talk about rotten karma!

Now my part of Fortune is in Capricorn, 10th House. This is encouraging, and bears out, although I can't seem to keep them, I have had some absolutely fabulous jobs. (Like comedy writing) :wink:

My Black Moon Lilith is at 29 degrees. Is this bad? Something about the 29th degree being bad?

But mostly there is this. I was reading about critical points and found I had Taurus at 21 degrees. Reading further on about Lunar Nodes I see this:

Respectfully snipped by me from: http://www.moonvalleyastrologer.com/special_points.htm#Aries

"In the Degree of the Nodes refers to any planet or significant point that falls in the same degree of the lunar nodes in any sign. It must be the very same degree, not one higher or lower to come within one degree but actually in that same degree, regardless of the number of minutes. This shows a fated appointment or fateful event, possibly some sort of catastrophe."

So I look, and find I have Mercury in Taurus at 21 degrees (critical point), and my lunar node is in Cancer 21 degrees.

What I'm wondering is, WTH???? Am I going to explode? Is a meteorite going to fall on me? Just a tad concerned, if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance for all comments, advice and gratuities!

Goodnight, Gracie!

Attachments

• jaime birth chart.gif
    jaime birth chart.gif
    51 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Earth Sign

Haha, I wouldn't worry about the critical degrees in your chart. I'm a beginner, too, and I've never heard anybody mention them as very important.

You seem interested in a lot of the questionable placements, like Chiron and the Lilith, which, as it seems to me, nobody knows anything for sure about. Most of the interpretations of them are based on mythology, which was all well and good in ancient Greece, because they knew something about mythology, but I take it with a grain of salt these days. I'm saving Chiron and Lilith investigation for when I'm experienced enough to know what I'm looking at.

I converted your chart to the equal house system, just because I'm used to it. (Thanks for not blurring our your birth data!)

Here's something I found interesting: the Moon in conjunction with Mars (0.25 degree orb) in Leo, on the 6th cusp, which I would have said gave you oodles of charm, until I saw the quincunx to the Ascendant. Do you feel like you have a hard time expressing anger or heavy emotion? I feel that this placement might actually be good for a comedy writer, lol. Two water planets in conjunction in Leo means heavy dramatizing of emotions, and as I said, oodles of charm (when you want it).

Neptune, your Chart Ruler, is in opposition to Venus, which is a difficult aspect for the creative arts and relationships, and may give you hardships. Neptunes other aspect is a quincunx to to Jupiter, meaning confusion in principle and opportunity, and may also give you a hard time when it comes to your main goal in life and the place you want to end up standing. Remember, Neptune causes confusion and illness when used without forewarning. When you learn about the hardships given to you in your Natal Chart you can learn to avoid them.

Jupiter is giving support to your Sun in a sextile from the 1st to the 3rd, giving excessive good character and personality to your naturally clever lower brain, and probably makes you wonderful company. If you don't want to be a comedy writer professionally, you still will never stop being a delight to friends.

You have a Pisces Ascendant which would probably give you a tendency toward introversion and keeping yourself hidden from others, but you also have Jupiter, ruler of Pisces' mate-sign, Sagittarius, in your 1st, partially neutralizing the effect of the Ascendant. I'm not totally sure of this placement, but it's energy is completely different from Pisces or Neptune, and though it's not conjunct the Asc it will still be very strong in your personality.

Keep in mind, I am not an experienced astrologer and you should take my interpretations through a careful filter. Always be careful of chart analysis thats offered to you, for astrology is an art as well as a science, and when astrologers draw their conclusions they are often altered by a hefty amount of personal bias. Astrologers on this forum are very good, but one should never accept everything told to them without first scrutinizing it themselves. Help me help you, tell me if my analysis was accurate so I can learn from experience. :smile:

Take care. :happy:

I guess my strange attraction to things like critical degrees and Chiron and Lillith is because I got interested in forensic astrology recently which spurred my wanting to learn. I plan to focus on horary and forensic astrology.

Thanks for your input, you were pretty spot on about a few things, what I could understand. Learning is so hard!!!!

Also, I'm not a professional comedy writer. Except in my own mind!!!! You are right tho, I am a hoot, most times! I do have trouble expressing negative emotions. I find your insights about Neptune very interesting...I have had difficulty finding my "path". Sort of a jack of all trades master of none kind of thing.

Your comment about my ascendant was intriguing too, although I am very extroverted and social, people tell me I seem hard to reach or get to know. I am the life of the party, and love to host, yet I value my privacy and I am alone more often than not. I'm not sure about the energy either...but it is unique.

Thanks for your reply, I am really enjoying learning about this!

isismagdalenne

Im a beginner too, Ive been saying beginner for years now, because that is ACTUALLY how it is. I have astro ADD. My studies are ALLLLLLLL OVER the place. But you have to learn some basic natal stuff first...you dont have to be a pro at it, or even have stopped calling yourself a beginner to venture out into horary etc. But you cant bypass it alltogether for sure

isismagdalenne

also, one of us must be mistaken, because by your birth data on this chart, your part of fortune is in Gemini in the 3rd, NOT cap in 10th. It is 10 degrees away from your sun

Ok, now I am just freaking myself out. Found this: http://www.world-of-wisdom.com/blog/haiti-the-earthquake/30/

Respectfully snipped by me:

"The earthquake took place just prior to the solar eclipse in Capricorn. It can be seen that Venus is in fact cazimi - in the eye of the sun - and both are on the north node at 21 Capricorn. (The last major earthquake - on May 7th 1842 - also occurred with the Moons nodes in the same position in Capricorn). Interestingly the astrologer Dennis Elwell has researched the degree area 20-23 degrees Cancer /Capricorn and found that violent events often occurred in horoscopes where these degrees were prominent."

That does not make me feel good. Nope, not at all.