Prince Rogers Nelson Dies at 57

Kitchy

Banned
Yes, the 6th house issues stood out to me, too -

I've seen written that the hip injury came from his jumping and 'acrobatics' on stage - 5th house / 1st house - rulers Pluto 1st and Mars 5th - "explosive movement injuries" they call them in sports. Usually from basketball, volleyball, tennis and any other activity that lands one's feet on hard surfaces over and over again - absorbed by knees and hips. Maybe the basketball jumps too when he was younger -

Saturnian degeneration of bones/hips/joints - that led to need for pain management and prescription drugs. Mars Saturn square and Mars Neptune inconjunct - un-noticeable until it was too late to do anything helpful about it?

Athletes, too, commonly require hip replacement and many post-surgery, have developed dependence on Rx pain-killers.

Look at those aspects to Saturn in his chart, overall! Jupiter - the only decent one - "the show must go on!" kind of thing. I can imagine he was in quite a bit of pain during his performances. The high heels certainly didn't help absorb the impact and shock on his joints.

sibylline

Look at those aspects to Saturn in his chart, overall! Jupiter - the only decent one - "the show must go on!" kind of thing. I can imagine he was in quite a bit of pain during his performances. The high heels certainly didn't help absorb the impact and shock on his joints.

Yes, he has so many indicators of overwork/strain in his chart, it would take too long to elaborate on them all. And those same factors are what made him a legendary performer.

sibylline

Btw, Kitchy, if you ever want to make a thread on performers and the 6th house, I think that would be an interesting discussion.

unique_astrology

Transit Saturn was within a 1 degree opposition to Prince's natal Sun (75°32') from February 22nd until his death
(2 months) and stationed for 1 week (March 22 thru March 29) in opposition at 255°25'.

Data for his flight on April 14-15 from Atlanta, GA to Moline, IL.

From Flight Track Log ✈ EJM990 ✈ 15-Apr-2016 ✈ KATL - KMLI ✈ FlightAware

Fri 12:51:00 AM Departure (KATL) @ Friday 12:51:00 AM EDT

Leveled off at 45,000 feet until about 48 minutes after take off then slight changes in 7 minutes . . .

-----Time EDT-------Lat---------Long--------Direction-----MPH---Altitude-----Rate

Fri 01:39:33 AM**38.3261**-87.9700***331° N'west**510***45,000****-50
Fri 01:46:39 AM**39.0969**-88.5264***330° N'west**521***45,000*****34

Then steady for about 15 minutes before beginning descent. . .

Fri 02:01:44 AM**40.6908**-89.7225***330° N'west**504***45,000****-250

Nearest to Lat and Long - Maxwell, IL; 40°N41'19'' (40.688611), 089°W42'01'' (89.700278) at 1:02 am, CDT

Fri 02:18:00 AM Arrival (KMLI) @ Friday 01:18:00 AM CDT

His progressed demi-anlunar's zenith at Maxwell was at 251°02'. Return Mars-Saturn midpoint was at 251°06'.
The MC was at 258°, his progressed natal Saturn was at 258°34'.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Unique - thank you for joining in.

This part is telling ....

"The MC was at 258°, his progressed natal Saturn was at 258°34'."

Not to shift too far off topic, but are you aware of other like deaths that shared this MC progressed Saturn in terms of airplanes - altitudes and descents and re-ascents?

In some way, as I see it, the matter of planes, ascenscion, the MC - highest point in the sky - overlooking earth and dropping back down to earth for help but still continuing on in flight - has a meaning, but one which I don't understand.

Not trying to sound woo-woo about this - but once your feet are on the ground after hazard in the air, usually that is where you want to keep them, right?

The IC was calling him home. If he had stayed in Moline, unprivate room or not, I wonder if things would have changed in the outcome -

unique_astrology

Too many thousands of charts run together for me and my memory is not as good as it used to be. I never made a study of plane crashes. Nothing about the ones I did charts for stands out in my memory.

A change of location for Prince would probably have only changed the timing of death for him. The Saturn transit of 2 months in opposition to his natal Sun during which time it stationed in that opposition for a whole week was devastating to his immune system and very likely to his heart.

The incident on the 15th was due to an overdose and his secondary progressed chart (Q2, Mean Quotidian angles) for a possible time of death had transit Neptune on the IC.

I imagine a scare during a flight could keep some from flying again. I was always fortunate.

Kitchy

Banned
Thank you, Unique -

I was thinking more along lines of the course of fate that he didn't remain in the hospital after being mid-air with a possible near death event, not crash related, but the whole getting back on plane thing. The absence of self-saving. I think he would have lived if he had stayed at the hospital for a day or two.

unique_astrology

11 hour period of constant stress.

FINAL PDAL from 5:20 pm, CDT, on Apr 20, 2016, to 4:33 am, CDT, on APR 21, 2016, in Chanhassen, MN. All with transit Saturn within a 1 degree opposition of his natal Sun, where it had been everyday for 2 months including 7 days of a stationary opposition. During this time it was about 000°44' from exact.

(DS PDAL is acronym for demi-solar progressed demi-anlunar)

325°24' DS PDAL MC at 3 am, CDT on the 21st.

320°50' - Natal Sun on Asc (5:20 pm on Apr 20)
321°36' - Precessed natal Sun on Asc
322°25' - SR Mars on Asc
322°29' - Transit Saturn on Desc
322°48 - PDAL Saturn on Desc (9:30 pm)
323°54' - Natal Uranus-Pluto midpoint on the IC
324°34' - Squared by prog natal Saturn-Neptune midpoint at 234°34'
325°13 - Prog natal Saturn on Desc
325°24' Prog MC of demi-solar demi-anlunar at 3 am, CDT, in Chanhassen, MN
326°03' - Prog natal Sun-Pluto midpoint on the IC
326°09' - Prog natal Uranus-Pluto midpoint on the IC (4:33 am, Apr 21)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

bucking of authority / rebellion

....These are just starting points for discussion - general at best ....
Gemini Sun-Mercury conjunction opposes Sagittarius Saturn

Certainly challenged authority
:smile:

13051597_10154123216248908_1129218093247059530_n.png

Astro-Intuitive

I rectified Prince’s chart by testing significant events in his life (the last of which included his death). Each event was accompanied by progressed aspects that matched the nature and timing of the event.

According to page 16 of Jon Bream’s book, Inside the Purple Reign, Prince was born at 6:17 pm. He was born at Mount Sinai Hospital, which was located at 2215 Park S, Minneapolis, MN 55404. The birth coordinates for that location are 44N57.36 Latitude/93W15.50 Longitude.

Rectification of his birth time, in relation to the coordinates above, led to the 16° Scorpio 13’ 31” chart you see below. It coincides with the time of 5:13:58pm, CST.

PRINCE.gif

Incarnation Times for Prince Roger Nelson

I thought that those who are interested in studying his chart can benefit from the information it contains, especially from the astrological indicators (progressions) shown in relation to events, and in particular to his death.

Many events were tested, but for the sake of brevity, I’ve included six of them here:

1. January 28, 1985: Won 3 American Music Awards
2. February 14, 1996: Married his first wife
3. March 4, 2000: Won Artist of the Decade Soul Train Music Award
4. December 31, 2001: Married his second wife
5. June 27, 2010: Received BET Lifetime Achievement Award
6. April 21, 2016: Died

The secondary progressions that showed for each event were as follows:

January 28, 1985: Won 3 American Music Awards (The MC or 10th house planets are always involved in major wins/awards received)

• Progressed Mars semisquare natal Mercury – 1 minute
• Progressed Neptune trine natal Moon – 4 minutes
• Progressed Pluto quincunx natal Mars – 2 minutes
• Progressed MC 75° progressed Sun – 1 minute
• Progressed MC sesquiquintile (108°) progressed Venus – 3 minutes
• Progressed Jupiter quintile progressed Uranus – 0 minutes

PRINCE-JAN-28-1985.gif

February 14, 1996: Married first wife

• Progressed Jupiter 165° natal Venus – 2 minutes
• Progressed Jupiter sextile natal Saturn – 4 minutes
• Progressed Mercury 165° natal Moon – 5 minutes
• Progressed Neptune trine natal Moon – 2 minutes
• Progressed Mercury 75° progressed Neptune – 2 minutes
• Progressed Jupiter quintile progressed Uranus – 2 minutes

PRINCE-FEB-14-1996.gif

March 4, 2000: Won Artist of the Decade Award at the Soul Train Music Awards

• Progressed Mars trine natal MC – 3 minutes
• Progressed Saturn quintile natal Moon – 5 minutes
• Progressed Neptune trine natal Moon – 3 minutes
• Progressed Pluto contraparallel natal/progressed Saturn – 1, 3 minutes respectively

PRINCE-MAR-4-2000.gif

December 31, 2001: Married second wife

• Progressed Sun sesquiquintile/quintile natal ASC/DSC – 1 minute
• Progressed ASC/DSC quintile/sesquiquintile natal Moon – 3 minutes
• Progressed ASC/DSC conjunct/opposition progressed Saturn – 3 minutes

PRINCE-DEC-31-2001.gif

June 27, 2010: Received BET Lifetime Achievement Award

• Progressed Pluto 75° natal ASC – 3 minutes
• Progressed Moon quintile natal ASC – 1 minute
• Progressed Sun parallel natal Uranus – 0 minutes
• Progressed MC conjunct progressed Jupiter – 1 minute
• Progressed Pluto contraparallel progressed Saturn – 1 minute

PRINCE-JUN-27-2010.gif

April 21, 2016: Died

• Progressed Venus parallel natal Pluto – 1 minute
• Progressed Mars parallel natal Venus – 3 minutes
• Progressed ASC sextile natal Neptune – 5 minutes
• Progressed 8th house cusp quintile/sesquiquintile natal 12th and 6th house cusps – 0 minutes
• Progressed Sun conjunct progressed Uranus – 3 minutes
• Progressed Venus semisquare progressed Pluto – 2 minutes
• Progressed Pluto sesquiquintile progressed Saturn – 2 minutes

PRINCE-APR-21-2016.gif

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Astro Intuitive!

That is quite a lot of work, thank you for bringing it!

These particular progressed aspects at death stand out to me:

• Progressed ASC sextile natal Neptune – 5 minutes (overdose on pain killers - sleeping pills)

• Progressed Sun conjunct progressed Uranus – 3 minutes (unexpected death. "life force turned upside down" )

• Progressed Pluto sesquiquintile progressed Saturn – 2 minutes (! from 12th to 8th ! ) as well as the 6th/12th house cusps with the quintile. (this indicates to me the intensity of his physical pain as well as the depth of his drug use was off-the-charts.)

There is no way for us to know just how much of the pills were in his system, but from this pluto saturn progressed aspect 6/12 - I feel pretty certain that those pills may have been his only 'nourishment' for some time. He was a slight man, and of course one hopes that MD's prescribed appropriate doses of the pain killers as well as the Narcan - given that as a 50+ year old adult, he was literally the size of an 'average' adolescent.

I'm going to review more of this - I am intrigued by the plane trip where the purported denial to his 'need for private room' (12th house was talking) and his subsequent decision (other's decision made for him?) is likely what resulted in death. I just can't imagine why given the gravity of his condition, that his need for privacy outweighed the medical advice. I imagine tht the MD who treated him in Moline is shaking his head in sadness over all of this - hospital protocol not to offer private room (likely due to available space).

Don't get me wrong - I'm not blaming him/them, because anyone can leave a hospital "Against Medical Advice" - but wow, can you imagine what must be running through his head at this time?

Have you done a progressed chart for him for the birth/death of his child?

Thanks so much for joining this conversation.

magnolia8

Is there any indication that he was suffering from a major illness in his charts? An item of blind gossip suggested that a very popular and very religious African American celebrity "who was recently in the news" (Prince and his emergency landing) was suffering from untreated AIDS. This gossip was posted just three days before he died. Rather chilling, I'd say.

Astro-Intuitive

Astro Intuitive!

That is quite a lot of work, thank you for bringing it!

These particular progressed aspects at death stand out to me:

• Progressed ASC sextile natal Neptune – 5 minutes (overdose on pain killers - sleeping pills)

• Progressed Sun conjunct progressed Uranus – 3 minutes (unexpected death. "life force turned upside down" )

• Progressed Pluto sesquiquintile progressed Saturn – 2 minutes (! from 12th to 8th ! ) as well as the 6th/12th house cusps with the quintile. (this indicates to me the intensity of his physical pain as well as the depth of his drug use was off-the-charts.)

There is no way for us to know just how much of the pills were in his system, but from this pluto saturn progressed aspect 6/12 - I feel pretty certain that those pills may have been his only 'nourishment' for some time. He was a slight man, and of course one hopes that MD's prescribed appropriate doses of the pain killers as well as the Narcan - given that as a 50+ year old adult, he was literally the size of an 'average' adolescent.

I'm going to review more of this - I am intrigued by the plane trip where the purported denial to his 'need for private room' (12th house was talking) and his subsequent decision (other's decision made for him?) is likely what resulted in death. I just can't imagine why given the gravity of his condition, that his need for privacy outweighed the medical advice. I imagine tht the MD who treated him in Moline is shaking his head in sadness over all of this - hospital protocol not to offer private room (likely due to available space).

Don't get me wrong - I'm not blaming him/them, because anyone can leave a hospital "Against Medical Advice" - but wow, can you imagine what must be running through his head at this time?

Have you done a progressed chart for him for the birth/death of his child?

Thanks so much for joining this conversation.

Hi Kitchy,

Thank you for your input, as well.

Any time death occurs, the 1st house (or 1st-house planets), 4th house (or 4th-house planets), and 8th house (or 8th-house planets) are involved, because the present-tense existence of a live being (1st), and the present-tense internal impacts/effects upon a live beings bodily functions (think of 1st house as the process of being and 4th as the process of becoming, from a personal perspective [MC is the process of becoming in the outer world, one's social presence and reputation]) cease to exists and so the body possessed exits through the 8th house into another dimension.

I am sorry if I did not go into more detail on the progressions regarding Prince's death. I was pressed for time, because I am packing up my things for travel. Also, I didn't want to add too much of my input as I wanted other astrologers to determine their own conclusions based on the information posted.

With regard to the date of his son's death, the most prominent aspects that stood out that day (Oct 23, 1996) were progressed Pluto contraparallel natal Saturn - 0 minutes and progressed 5th house cusp 75° progressed 8th house cusp (5 minutes) and natal ninth house cusp (2 minutes).

PRINCE-OCT-23-1996.gif

Pluto co-rules his ASC, 5th house cusp Aries, and 6th house cusp (medical attention). Saturn co-rules his Aquarius IC/4th house cusp. What it suggested was that matters pertaining to himself (Scorpio ASC), his family (Aquarius IC/4th house cusp), his child (Aries 5th house cusp), and the medical doctors who served him (Aries 6th house cusp) be kept private/in secret (Pluto).

Progressed 5th house cusp aspect to progressed 8th house cusp was supportive of the incident being connected to the death of a child. At the same time, that knowledge (from his son's twin sister nannies, another 5th house influence) got leaked out to information sources/the media (9th house).

Hope this helps.

I will post more in-depth information next week, when I'll have more time.

Respectfully Yours,
Shaun

Last edited:

Kannon

The standout in the radix is Venus 12N06 parallel MC.

Shaun, good catch on the 108 tridecile progression between Saturn-Rx applying to prog Pluto. I didn't see that one, but agree exactly with the 16SCO13 chart. I call them tri-deciles because I find the other term confusing, maybe because I'm not used to using it.

The clincher for this chart's validation is actually seen in the date of his mother's death, which deanna pointed out and can be found on geni.com ... http://www.geni.com/people/Mattie-Baker/6000000007748560635

That date, 15 February 2002, finds the 16SCO13 chart progressed to the following aspects, with orbs:
* prog Asc conjunct prog Saturn, 01'-sep
* prog Asc & Saturn Quintile natal Moon in 4th, 00'
* prog Neptune 2VIR01.3' (in 12th) trine natal Moon 1PIS57.7', 04'-sep

Since Prince's chart is diurnal, this makes the MC/10th representative of his mother, and we have another progressed aspect activating that house in this prog chart:
* prog Saturn 21S43 CP (contra-parallel) prog Pluto 21N46, 03'-sep

There may be other aspects near culmination, but those are certainly enough to demonstrate the nature of the event and serve as a rather dramatic point of validation.

deanna

I will work on finding the birth time of Prince's mother - Mattie Della Baker.

I believe the Minnesota historical society has it online.

Astro-Intuitive

The standout in the radix is Venus 12N06 parallel MC.

Shaun, good catch on the 108 tridecile progression between Saturn-Rx applying to prog Pluto. I didn't see that one, but agree exactly with the 16SCO13 chart. I call them tri-deciles because I find the other term confusing, maybe because I'm not used to using it.

The clincher for this chart's validation is actually seen in the date of his mother's death, which deanna pointed out and can be found on geni.com ... http://www.geni.com/people/Mattie-Baker/6000000007748560635

That date, 15 February 2002, finds the 16SCO13 chart progressed to the following aspects, with orbs:
* prog Asc conjunct prog Saturn, 01'-sep
* prog Asc & Saturn Quintile natal Moon in 4th, 00'
* prog Neptune 2VIR01.3' (in 12th) trine natal Moon 1PIS57.7', 04'-sep

Since Prince's chart is diurnal, this makes the MC/10th representative of his mother, and we have another progressed aspect activating that house in this prog chart:
* prog Saturn 21S43 CP (contra-parallel) prog Pluto 21N46, 03'-sep

There may be other aspects near culmination, but those are certainly enough to demonstrate the nature of the event and serve as a rather dramatic point of validation.

Hi Kannon,

The date of his mother's death was one of the events I tested. I also tested his father's death (August 25, 2001) which had similar progressions involving his 4th, 10th and 8th houses:

Progressed Pluto quintile natal 8th house cusp - 2 minutes
Progressed Saturn quintile natal Moon - 1 minute
Progressed Neptune trine natal Moon - 3 minutes
Progressed Moon semisquare progressed Uranus - 4 minutes (approaching)
Progressed Pluto contraparallel both natal and progressed Saturn - 2/3 minutes

As you just mentioned, that Venus parallel his MC (and located in his 6th house) stands out was the basis of his career and reputation as an artist. Pluto with Venus on the MC contributed to his multi-talented, resourceful capabilities as a musician (being able to play all different types of instruments and genres of music, when desired).

That Moon conjunct the 4th house cusp stands out, as well, and supports his moving/shifting to many different places of residence while younger.

It's amazing how strong his Pluto is.

Shaun

Last edited: