What has Aries to do with writing?

fullmoonlibra

Why am I a writer?
I can't see in my chart where the talent and interest comes from.

I only know this, and this has nothing to do with astrology, when my Mom was pregnant from me, she wished that I would become a writer.
But only then, for the rest of my life this subject was closed and I never heard about it again.
I always was a diary writer, and my story's for school were always the best, and now I write in the newspaper by good luck (they have found me, they saw some talent in me they said).

I have an heavy afflicted Mercury, was never a strong speaker, in contrary, was always pointed out as the 'quiet one'. And Mercury is in Aries, not such a writing type either.
But Aries is about pioneering, so is it possible that I have potential to write in a new way? If true, than everyone with Mercury in Aries should have the same potential.
And about the 3rd house: I have Pluto rx there, conjunct IC, opposite Mc, opposite Sun/NN. So again an afflicted writing domain.
If I look to Virgo and Gemini: Virgo is in 2nd house, not so related to the interest and ability of writing.
And Gemini is in an empty 11th house. So I understand that my hopes and wishes about being a writer comes from there, but the house is empty.. Why am I lucky than?

Why do I feel the writing talent/ability as a trine?

Last edited:

retinoid

5th house mars+neptune gives imaginative creativity and the energy to create...Sun shines most brightly when you do this.

Anachiel

You have Mercury trine Saturn. I think that has something to do with it. Plus, the Moon opposes Mercury and is sextile Saturn.

Venus is angular and in her own sign squaring the ASC which, I would think, would also incline one to artistic expression.

I think all the ingredients are there : Moon, Mercury, Saturn and, Venus in 10th aspecting the ASC.

Like all hard aspects, they don't; make things easy, you may not believe in yourself or might not have the energy to really follow-through with your desires. But, you can dash all that nonsense and just go for what you enjoy...even if just for your own enjoyment.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Hello fullmoonlibra,

Looking at your chart, Libra is on the cusp of the 3rd house (communications, and writing) and Venus then is the Lord (ruler) of the house. Venus is arguably unaspected. The pretty blue line is there to the Moon for 14 more minutes and then out of a 10 degree (wow, is that generous) orb. Without an aspect, the planet seems to try to take over the chart. This isn't bad here as Venus is in Rulership (Taurus) and Venus is also the ruler of the 10th/MC, the house of career and social standing. I would think that all that Venus influence is often the subject of your writing. Not just sappy, love, lacy write romantic poetry, but it would also include all that holds value to you. The music you like, your style, preferences. To some it could be money, jewelry, and all things one would treasure and find beautiful.

TK

sandstone

Banned
moon connects to writing, but i don't know if many talk about this in the astro books much.. - in the 3rd sign from the ascendant - a whole sign house interpretation puts moon in the 3rd... now here is the thing.. the moon is applying to what? often this is a factor in what a person is focused on in a more habitual manner.. and what is the oriental planet rising ahead of the sun? this planet is said to have a direct connection to ones vocation as well.. i think it is helpful to think about planets and signs in this order, as opposed to the reverse.. planets take precedence over signs - my opinion..

anyway, wintersprite points out some of what i would point out.. 3rd house ruler, midheaven ruler, sun ruler all point to venus which is in a close square to the ascendant and the most elevated planet in the chart.. the artist reigns supreme! what type of art is it???

luck factor? jupiter ruler of the 5th is in the 8th by whole sign houses and in quintile to venus while sextile the midheaven... leo rising also, so luck is definitely a part of it, but probably you work hard some too? i don't know..

sandstone

Banned
subject line reminds me of that song 'what does love have to do with it?" lol.. tina turner had leo rising too.. i am just being silly now...

Why am I a writer?
I can't see in my chart where the talent and interest comes from.

I only know this, and this has nothing to do with astrology, when my Mom was pregnant from me, she wished that I would become a writer.
But only then, for the rest of my life this subject was closed and I never heard about it again.
I always was a diary writer, and my story's for school were always the best, and now I write in the newspaper by good luck (they have found me, they saw some talent in me they said).

I have an heavy afflicted Mercury, was never a strong speaker, in contrary, was always pointed out as the 'quiet one'. And Mercury is in Aries, not such a writing type either.
But Aries is about pioneering, so is it possible that I have potential to write in a new way? If true, than everyone with Mercury in Aries should have the same potential.
And about the 3rd house: I have Pluto rx there, conjunct IC, opposite Mc, opposite Sun/NN. So again an afflicted writing domain.
If I look to Virgo and Gemini: Virgo is in 2nd house, not so related to the interest and ability of writing.
And Gemini is in an empty 11th house. So I understand that my hopes and wishes about being a writer comes from there, but the house is empty.. Why am I lucky than?

Why do I feel the writing talent/ability as a trine?

I advise writing about long journeys and ur travels in life

Culpeper

Premium Member
Writing is ruled by the 9th and 3rd houses. The planets in the houses are not as important as the rulers of the houses. In your natal chart a very strong Venus in the 10th house rules the 3rd. Mars in the 5th rules the 9th. Both rulers have essential dignity. You should be able to write well. Strong rulers indicate effective houses. Venus also rules the 10th house which represents your occupation. This predicts that you should be able to find gainful employment as a writer.

An 8th house Mercury is fairly strong. It rules the 11th house which represents your readers. There are people who want to read what you write. Mercury also rules the 2nd house indicating money from your work. People are willing to pay for it. Mercury has some harsh aspects so expect some difficulties and changes in your career. Be prepared for that. However, this should not prevent you from being successful as a writer.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Ooh, Venus = creative writing! Ok, got it :))!
Thank you so much!
I am talented at arts, but I have so many interests that I can't choose a direction. I've painted, I've danced, do photography as a hobby, started to play the violin, and I am trying to compose music. But not professional.
My purpose is to be recognised and appreciated as an artist. But also as writer. And psychologist.
So.. A long way to go :)

How about Art therapy or Music therapy?

TK

fullmoonlibra

Writing is ruled by the 9th and 3rd houses. The planets in the houses are not as important as the rulers of the houses. In your natal chart a very strong Venus in the 10th house rules the 3rd. Mars in the 5th rules the 9th. Both rulers have essential dignity. You should be able to write well. Strong rulers indicate effective houses. Venus also rules the 10th house which represents your occupation. This predicts that you should be able to find gainful employment as a writer.

An 8th house Mercury is fairly strong. It rules the 11th house which represents your readers. There are people who want to read what you write. Mercury also rules the 2nd house indicating money from your work. People are willing to pay for it. Mercury has some harsh aspects so expect some difficulties and changes in your career. Be prepared for that. However, this should not prevent you from being successful as a writer.

Why does the 11th house represent my readers?

Last edited: