Pluto Transits

pleiade

Pluto is feared by most people, and truthfully so - it can be nasty if an unresolved plutonian person is enacting it's fierceness on you. And why would he pick you? You're not a plutonian and so you be confident, grounded and patient. Plutonians are / can be, incrediably insecure and that is why they target nice people with a deeper understanding. They will derrive energy from you as they basically feel powerless and unworthy themselves. Then they end up self-hating and self-loathing and that energy simmers till seething heights before it unleashes it's nuclear explosion...!

More so with Pluto - as with individuals which once feared Saturn, once you get along with it's inner transformational state - Pluto is the Greatest Healer of all planets. And the healing is instant! It's the miracle called: Remission.
Anyone that will tune into Pluto's amazing healing qualities know how dramtic and accurate they are! Some people take advantage of they're transit and become hypno therapists, surgeons, counsellors.. healers...... Using Pluto for good is an extreme gift!

Karen

pisceskitty

Thank you Karen!

Your post was really comforting. I do fear Pluto. I just always worry that someone close to me will die[my Grandmother did, last September]again, so i find myself worrying alot, especially in regards to my son. Whenever I think of Pluto I just think the "end of the world"!

cossie

Hi,
Im really enjoying reading through this thread.
I have my ascendant at 8 Capricorn and N.Node at 5 Capricorn so expecting some Pluto effects there in the future.Of course this means that Pluto is currently transiting my 12th house and over the last few years have definately felt some effects. I dont really know how best to describe it but at times it feels kinda like a giant vacuum cleaner sucking out the entire contents of my closet.Sometimes I feel like Im drowning,nothing is clear,I cant focus,I feel depressed and then after sometime I come out of the depression and feel renewed.
The effects of Pluto being in the sign of Sagittarius have made their mark on my life.In the past few years I have met and married a man from another country,I have settled with him and I am now living on the other side of the world to where I was born,in a completely different culture and religion and have integrated into a totally different lifestyle and community.None of this was planned,I just followed my gut feeling and read the signs the universe was sending me and trust that all this is happening to me for a reason.It hasnt been easy,but even at the times when Ive doubted myself I have always felt that it was all meant to be and there is no turning back.
I cant imagine what is in store for me as Pluto continues transiting through my 12th house towards my ascendant.
Any thoughts or similar experiences would really help me.
My thoughts are with anyone who is feeling pluto effects,they arent easy but reading and sharing our stories will help a great deal I feel.

FLOWER

hi, when a slow moving planet enters a house that is when a happening tends to happen in a persons life. quess what house this is..1. i had a problem with the sewerage in a property i own. 2. a cousin of mine died alone without any other memeber of the family knowing (in silence).3. a divorce in the family.4. death of an aunt. just for the new members this is pluto enering the fourth house. how much more of this before things settle down.

AquariusMoon

pleiade said:
Pluto is feared by most people, and truthfully so - it can be nasty if an unresolved plutonian person is enacting it's fierceness on you. And why would he pick you? You're not a plutonian and so you be confident, grounded and patient. Plutonians are / can be, incrediably insecure and that is why they target nice people with a deeper understanding. They will derrive energy from you as they basically feel powerless and unworthy themselves. Then they end up self-hating and self-loathing and that energy simmers till seething heights before it unleashes it's nuclear explosion...!

More so with Pluto - as with individuals which once feared Saturn, once you get along with it's inner transformational state - Pluto is the Greatest Healer of all planets. And the healing is instant! It's the miracle called: Remission.
Anyone that will tune into Pluto's amazing healing qualities know how dramtic and accurate they are! Some people take advantage of they're transit and become hypno therapists, surgeons, counsellors.. healers...... Using Pluto for good is an extreme gift!

Karen

Hi, Karen. "A Plutonian enacting its fierceness on you" sounds like you're describing a transit involving an opposition with tr Pluto. In that case I think people either send out the Plutonian energy, or they receive it, but either way there is negotiation that needs to take place, a balance, a meeting in the middle. The only problem is the other person might lack flexibility and there may be some manipulation involved, but by the end of the transit you'll be good at working with this type of energy.

Becoming a hypnotherapist during a Pluto transit sounds like tr Pluto in H12 or perhaps cj Neptune. A Pluto transit will be different for each person depending on which house tr Pluto is in, which house natal Pluto is in, and the aspects that Pluto is making, both natally and by transit, to the afflicted natal planet or angle that Pluto is transiting. That is unless, of course, two people were born at about the same time and are at the same place when the Pluto transit strikes, then they may get the exact same Pluto transit (example below). Most people get tr Pluto going over their natal planet or angle 3 times over 3 years. Pluto is supposed to transform the house that it's in.

The link below has a lot of keywords about Pluto in different houses, and how to work with Pluto going from retrograde to direct. When Pluto goes retrograde you get a bit of a break to regroup and plan and make necessary changes. Then when Pluto goes direct and goes back over your planet, if you've already made the necessary changes, then Pluto won't do it for you. That's what Eileen Nauman says anyway, and I think she's right.

http://www.medicinegarden.com/astrology/plutoDirect_080406.html

However, a lot of times with Pluto transits there is no "Plutonian" going after you. Things can just happen. Take Anna Nicole Smith and what has happened to her recently with the birth of her daughter and death of her son. There is no published birth time for her that I know of, but her natal Pluto is at 22 Virgo, her natal Uranus is at 28 Virgo and her natal Chiron is at 25 Pisces. Her natal Chiron is at about the opposite of the midpoint of natal Pluto and Uranus. All of this is squaring transiting Pluto. In addition, there was an eclipse to her natal Pluto this past March. She was 3 months pregnant then. There was an eclipse to her natal Uranus Friday. Eclipses are also like transits if they conjunct or oppose natal planets.

We don't know which houses her planets are in, but they are probably in the H5/11 axis judging from what has happened to her. This would give her either Taurus or Scorpio rising. Someone else could have the same placements, and something different would happen. It's very hard to predict what a Pluto transit is going to bring, or what a transit to your Pluto will bring. If Pluto/Uranus is in her H5, what has happened is really going to shake up her H5. The death of her son will be very wounding to her. Perhaps, if she hasn't in the past, she will focus more on her child from now on rather than entertainment/recreational activities - I don't know, perhaps she was a fine mother - but Pluto does bring a transformation in whichever house it's in. She's not a favorite of mine, but my heart certainly goes out to her. To have her son taken from her this way seems so cruel, but a Pluto transit can be very complex and you can't really judge it until sometimes a few years after the transit has passed when you have the complete picture. There are accidents in life, but there are few true accidents when it comes to death. This new baby has the potential to make it easier for her to deal with her son's death and move forward.

Back to tr Pluto in H12 or cj Neptune. This is what happened to me. I didn't become a hypnotherapist with this transit. I was 26. When tr Pluto in Libra was cj my natal H10 Neptune in Libra, which natal Neptune sextiles natal Pluto and Jupiter in Leo, I was almost kidnapped while I was on vacation. I had rented a small boat with a few girl friends, and we were just bobbing around off the coast of a Greek island. We saw a yacht in the harbor, a small boat being lowered from the yacht into the sea, and we watched it come over to us. There were 5 men in the boat, and they said nothing, but they attached our boat to theirs and took off. The added weight of our boat made theirs go slowly.

In the meantime, the owner of my rental boat saw this from the shore and got in his speed boat, caught up to us, and beat the daylights out of the kidnappers with his oar, and the guys untied our boat and took off. My natal Pluto is in H8, Scorpio rules H12, and I have Saturn in Scorpio in H12. Tr Uranus was cj natal Saturn. There had been an eclipse to natal Uranus. Natal Saturn trines natal Uranus. I don't personally know anyone else this has happened to other than the 2 women with me, one of which was born 6 days after me.

At the time, my friends and I had no idea why this had happened. We were so naieve. The only thing we could think of was that they wanted us to come to a party on their yacht, but we wondered why they didn't ask. It wasn't until I saw a movie on tv last year that I figured out what was going on that day. I mean, this yacht was huge. With Neptune and Pluto things may not be what they first appear to be. A beautiful yacht may hold some ugly secrets. My friend and I both happen to have the natal cj of Jupiter and Pluto sextile Neptune, so we lucked out that we were rescued.

My point is that like me, someone may have a Pluto transit and not even know it, or not be able to figure it out for years. Pluto wears a special helmet that makes him invisible, which was how he kidnapped Persephone and took her to the Underworld.

AqMoon

Francesca

This summer Saturn traveled through my 12th conjuncting my natal Pluto/Saturn conjunction. Major psychological/emotional changes. Pluto has been transiting my intercepted 4th house, opposing my natal Uranus for some time now. Pluto was also very prominent in my soalr return this year.

I feel I am perhaps leaving a 10 year depression at this time, but continue to suffer a good deal over a past Plutonian love affair. Maybe when Pluto goes into Capricorn it will complete "the end of things" reputation of the 4th house. I certainly hope so.

Except for the pain of my past romantic obsession, I rather like Pluto. It's traits seem to suit me. I love to follow a piece of information or an idea until I feel I have fully explored it (Jupiter in Scorpio square Pluto in Leo). My taste in movies,books,and TV shows is very Plutonian. I love mystery/detective stories,war stories, the Sopranos, medical research documentaries, anything spooky.

I am very proud and have a high temper, never forgetting a grievance. I can feel hatred rather fully and for a long time. Pluto is exactly opposed to my progressed Uranus right now, as well as still being opposed to natal Uranus by a few degrees. I have been very irritable and expressed it more.

I guess I will have to look back in a few years to really decide what these transits brought.

AquariusMoon

Francesca said:
This summer Saturn traveled through my 12th conjuncting my natal Pluto/Saturn conjunction. Major psychological/emotional changes. Pluto has been transiting my intercepted 4th house, opposing my natal Uranus for some time now. Pluto was also very prominent in my soalr return this year.

I feel I am perhaps leaving a 10 year depression at this time, but continue to suffer a good deal over a past Plutonian love affair. Maybe when Pluto goes into Capricorn it will complete "the end of things" reputation of the 4th house. I certainly hope so.

Except for the pain of my past romantic obsession, I rather like Pluto. It's traits seem to suit me. I love to follow a piece of information or an idea until I feel I have fully explored it (Jupiter in Scorpio square Pluto in Leo). My taste in movies,books,and TV shows is very Plutonian. I love mystery/detective stories,war stories, the Sopranos, medical research documentaries, anything spooky.

I am very proud and have a high temper, never forgetting a grievance. I can feel hatred rather fully and for a long time. Pluto is exactly opposed to my progressed Uranus right now, as well as still being opposed to natal Uranus by a few degrees. I have been very irritable and expressed it more.

I guess I will have to look back in a few years to really decide what these transits brought.

Francesca, that's great that Pluto is moving out of the opposition to your natal Uranus, but, yeah, I agree that its effects can be felt even a few degrees after separating. It's also trining your H12 Part of Fortune right now. Anything good happening? Later this year it's going to square the cusp of your H8 and tr Pluto will trine tr Saturn, so there just might be a transformation that will take place then that may eradicate your obsession. I do think that tr Saturn and tr Pluto have been working in conjunction with each other, though in different houses. H4 relates to the Moon and Cancer, memories. Pluto going through H4 will bring up old memories sort of like a Pluto/Moon transit. Saturn in H12 cj natal Pluto/Saturn, I imagine that was depressing to say the least. Being so aware of your obsession and wanting to get rid of it are certainly good steps in that direction. Many aren't even aware of their obsessions or have no desire to leave them behind though you do embrace your Pluto, warts and all. You accept yourself for who you are and are comfortable in your own skin. I think that's really great :)

AqMoon

pisceskitty

Wow:eek:

Pleiade your post was amazing! I was born with Pluto in the 12H square my Moon in the 9th. Transiting Pluto opposed my moon, and my beloved grandmother who raised me, died suddenly. There were moments when I didn't think I was going to make it. All these thoughts/experiences I had deeply buried, began to surface. And, you know what?-thank god they did. I can honestly say that now. I had so much pain deep inside me, stemming from my granny's death, and intense feelings of abandonment.

I got involved with a very plutonian man around the same time all of this happened. Talk about obsessed. I hated him, and loved him at the same time. Feelings of betrayal/abandonment popped up once again. When I had to move into a women's shelter after loosing my apartment, I discovered that my mother[she's a Sagittarius] who abandoned me, and my older sister, lived right around the corner! I saw her walking down the street one day. As god is my witness, I could not believe it.

I have alot of fears about having children. That if I did, they would die, or vanish in some way. That transit of Pluto Squaring my natal Pluto in the 12H blew the lid off of alot of things. As painful as all of this has been, I feel as though a thousand pound weight has been lifted off of my back. It's funny, because my son was born with his Pluto trine his Moon, and this little rascal has taught me so much about myself as a human being and as a mother. When I was a little girl, my baby brother who was just a few days old died. It hit me pretty hard. I was about 6yrs old. My son's new half-sister, was born dead last month. It's eery how things happen. He has pluto in Sagittarius in his house of siblings!

Sorry for the long post. Transiting Pluto is Squaring my natal Mercury. I've been having deep thoughts, and thinking about death alot lately.[I was born with Pluto Opp. Mercury]

Last edited:

Hades

pleiade said:

Karen

i was born with pluto and saturn in my first house, i hope im in tune with both of these feared planets transforming qualities. i know my psyche is intensely influenced by both.

my x-wife and i dont get along too well, she is a sagittarius, i know many sagittarians who have been impregnated by plutonian natives. if you've read the 'astrology of fate' by Liz Greene, she mentions the analagous circumstances of hades(pluto) in greek mythology and the unwanted birth he brings upon persephone. we do have a boy. my x has had some bad experiences in her life because(imo) of pluto transiting her 12th and 1st house. shes very emotional and sensitive because of her natal neptune in her first house. but i do agree that pluto is healing her through intense transformation. she is very depressed and i try to help her through it but it seems fate will bring her through it the plutonian way.........the hard way. liz greene mentions in her book "there isnt much we can do when watching someone suffer under the transit of pluto" "all we can do is show sympathy" and i do, but sometimes it seems impossible to get along with her

Last edited:

cossie

Can anyone help me understand what my future pluto transits may entail when Pluto reaches Capricorn?!
Transiting pluto is currently transiting my 12th house.
I have BML at 2'Capricorn,Saturn(my chart ruler)at 3'Cancer,N.node at 5'Capricorn and Ascendant at 8'Capricorn.
I have already described,in a previous post, some of the effects that Pluto has had whilst transiting my 12th house.I am now apprehensive about what the future may bring with having so many aspects in a short space of time around my ascendant/Descendant.
Oh and I just noticed that Pluto will square my natal 8th house Pluto at 3'Libra at the same time as it opposes my Saturn!:eek:
I think I will reread some of these posts on this thread.
Any help with these aspects would be truly appreciated.:)

Last edited:

starlink

Hi everyone! Nice one Amazone, especially now that Pluto has been demoted recently, here we can show how powerful her influence is (I think it is a "her"). My Ascendant falls in 28 degr. Scorpio and Pluto going over my ascendant about 8 or so years ago changed my life completely. I left my very dominant husband, found a new place to stay within a week, found a fulltime superjob within 2 month time where I stayed for 3 years,(after not having worked for 25 years! ( just being a spoiled mother, housewife and astrologer), found a new men within 20 days with whom I am living now for the last 8 years and whom I work for in his business, moved 4 times! and have never felt better about myself. I sometimes dont recognize myself. I always saw in my chart that strong T-square between Pluto (apex), Sun and Moon (houses 12, 9, 6) and this nice trine from Venus (ruler of my Sun) also to Pluto, but never ever used that strength before. Now I am the total opposite of who I was, (and probably the person I really was meant to be). So I am totally grateful for Pluto even though it was the toughest time of my life and the most painful. My son has has his Sun, Mercury,(both conjunct his MC) Mars and Neptune all in Saggittarius (oh boy oh boy!) and guess what he went through: 5 years of jobchanges, ,married, went to China to work for his dad and lived there for 3 years, got a babydaughter, got into a terrible mess with his totally dominant father, broke relationships with him, got into a bad accident which almost killed him, left without finding a new job because he could not stand it any longer, is back in Europe and still has not find a new job, living off his savings. Has to undergo another operation next week to remove metal plate from collarbone. I keep on telling him that this Pluto transit over all his planets and MC is the best that could have happened to him because after this, he will be a wiser, stronger more capable and even more phylosofical young man than he already is and with his Moon in Capricorn trine his Jupiter in the first house, I just know he won't give up.
Hope this also has given some insight to what Pluto transits can bring.

cossie

Interesting stories Starlink,yours is especially inspiring.
Ive had a lot happen during the time pluto has been in my 12th house so quite apprehensive about the future transit of my ascendant.
Your story shows how good can come out of all the changes and I love the way you describe how you found your hidden strength.
I wish your son well with his operation next week.Lets hope he too will realise the benefits of his Pluto encounter as you did,despite the pain it has caused.
Best of Luck for the future.

starlink

Whatever happens, just go with the flow and follow your instincts. Avoid thinking: "oh my God, look what is happening to me" because there are always worse situations (most of the time) for other people who are for example living in dreadful circumstances and on top of that they have to endure some sort of natural disaster wiping away their whole livelihood. Things like that always put life in perspective for me. And believe me, Pluto, always produces some sort of rebirth which is absolutely wonderful. Some people never get a Pluto over their Ascendents, pitty really..... Wish you all the best with your transit. Starlink

Teddybull

Hello Cossie,
I am currently going thru a pluto 12th house transit. However, I have natally 26 Jupiter in Sag so I am going thru a pluto transit with that too. It's really hard to define and point out what the 12th house transit has done. I started getting into eastern philosophy very deeply when it first entered my 12th. I took lessons on meditation and kriya yoga at the time. Since then, my life has been spent in MUCH introspection and am finally feeling that all this introspection is subtly changing me. I don't get angry as easy, have more compassion and forgiveness and can accept love. I realize now the true meaning of why I am here and marriage (even tho I don't quite intuitively understand it yet).

I am so happy to hear of such a successful story by Starlink. I can only imagine how wonderful that first house transit of pluto is going to be since all our psychic garbage is being transformed and the new you is ready to emerge. The first house pluto transit reminds me of the new growth after a rampant forest fire. God bless, TB

StarrySkies

Yes, Pluto conjuncted my sun when I was 11, and my Mercury when I was 13. And Sagittarius was in my 11th house, so when it conjuncted my sun, I had a fight with my best friend and isolated myself from my other friends. It changed my outlook on life in other matters though. And when it conjuncted Mercury, it was more intense than when I was 11. But now I'm just enjoying a relatively calm time before Pluto enters my 12th House and conjuncts my Capricorn Stellium. Fun times...:eek::p

Claire19

Absolutely brilliant Amazon.You have the understanding of Pluto very well. It is an influence that can be managed, recognised and co-operated with. It brings major transformations in its wake and will happen with our without our consent. We will find our inner selves wherever we go. We only project onto likely hooks and it is amazing how they will appear. We are putting out vibrations that will find like resonance from the outer world. A person may for instance personify whatever form our Pluto takes but to another person may be completely different in perception. ie. Pluto in the 6th square Moon in the 3rd, you will have the scenario you had with your siblings, neighbours and school mates in the work place and have to contend with jealousies, under handed tactics with females in particular. You will find those who will try to dominate you just as your sibling did or you did with your siblings. You may say "that woman where I work is a real dominating *****." and your co worker may say "Really? I think she has done wonders in the company with her reforms."

Claire:)

Claire19

What doesnt kill us makes us stronger is very aptforPluto. Remember though that any Pluto transits must have the same planets in aspect in the natal chart for any major effect. i.e. Pluto square Moon by transit, Pluto sextile Moon in natal chart means it will be a challenging time but more easily handled because of the easier natal aspect. The houses affected will differ from person to person of course thus making us aware of our own unique path in life. This is our evolvement and level of development coming into play from our birth aspects and how we have handled these energies in the past. Pluto is always intense and transformative even with the easier aspects I have to say.

Many people pass over on their Pluto transits especially around 42 years of age and this may have been a conscious soul choice or the result of neglect or abuse in the past. How is it that one person will walk away from a horrendous vehicle accident in which it is totally anniliated and everyone else killed or injured in the same accident????? I have seen time and again survivors of aircraft crashes which defies belief where everyone else has perished. Why is that? Angelic help, soul choice?????

8th house stellium Claire

overthetop10

Claire19 said:
Many people pass over on their Pluto transits especially around 42 years of age and this may have been a conscious soul choice or the result of neglect or abuse in the past. How is it that one person will walk away from a horrendous vehicle accident in which it is totally anniliated and everyone else killed or injured in the same accident????? I have seen time and again survivors of aircraft crashes which defies belief where everyone else has perished. Why is that? Angelic help, soul choice?????

8th house stellium Claire
It's quite amazing that you point to car accidents when speaking about Pluto; there have been a number of car accidents that were quite transformative in my life, but I always managed to walk away completely unscathed -- they usually happened when Pluto has passed over a natal planet.

Pluto is in Scorpio in my chart and all other planets are disposed to it, so I feel everyone in this thread's pain! Pluto transiting my 7th in early life involved a car accident which brought me nearer to my father, a dissolving family on all levels, strained childhood friendships and feelings of powerlessness and of being abused as it went and conjuncted the Sun and Saturn and opposed the Moon...

Since about the age of 13 Pluto has gone through my 8th, and even though it's Pluto's palace, s/he sure didn't bring me any sort of ease, starting with the realization that I was gay and the subsequent frustration of that experience growing up in a hostile environment; no less than 3 major car accidents as Pluto conj. Uranus (btw, my Uranus sits on a degree of Sag. associated with accidents involving wheeled vehicles! :(). And for the past 10 years, I've been obsessed with sex and its particular place in society and in my life as I experienced deprivation and disappointment -- and one of the worst periods in my life came when Pluto conj. Venus and beat me over the head with painful sexual experience after painful sexual experience! I was only able to start the healing process when Uranus trined my natal Pluto and brought me my first positive relationship.

I've had some nice Pluto moments, though...I had a wonderfully spicy entanglement when Pluto went exact on the Galactic Center ;).

Pretty soon Pluto's going to head on in to my 9th, hitting up Neptune on 29 Sag immediately after it crosses over the cusp. I'm planning a big move soon; what do you want to bet I struggle with someone who tries to control me and confuse me and perhaps try to addict me to "mind-expanding" drugs in my new city?

I'm ready for it, Pluto. Bring it on. I'm only getting stronger.

Chaldean

Does anyone know if plutos transit can trigger events?

I'm going to get a multitude of aspects from pluto before I'm even 30. One that I'm interested in is a pluto-venus aspect. Would transit pluto trine natal venus indicate romance? Or would that simply indicate the desire for romance? Specificaly, what would happen if natal venus where in the 8th house, and pluto was transiting the 12? I've been trying to figure this out, but alas!..I can't. :p

Does anyone know? :)

Frisiangal

Chaldean said:
Does anyone know if plutos transit can trigger events?

I'm going to get a multitude of aspects from pluto before I'm even 30. One that I'm interested in is a pluto-venus aspect. Would transit pluto trine natal venus indicate romance? Or would that simply indicate the desire for romance? Specificaly, what would happen if natal venus where in the 8th house, and pluto was transiting the 12? I've been trying to figure this out, but alas!..I can't. :p

Does anyone know? :)

Relax! That transit doesn't occur in your chart for about another 15 years:D. By then you will know enough astrology to have figured out the answer;).

F.