Transit Saturn in Sag following Pluto in Sag (1995-2008)

Inside Out Orange

From 1995-2008 we had pluto in sag hitting a particular area of our natal charts in a transformative way. What area/houses were affected by this? How did it manifest?

Now, from 2015 - 2017 Saturn is transitting that same area of your chart. How are you finding it? Has pluto already done the heavy lifting? Or what is saturn doing differently?

Inside Out Orange

For me, sag is my 8th house. As I wrote in another thread during the pluto transit, I did a lot of deep psychological work finding out who I was and also how others think. I went from a co-dependent mentality to being highly and too independent.

Most of my relationships during that period ended quickly whenever things start to get close and intimate. I have jupiter-neptune at the end of the 7th, looking into the 8th and sacrificing my values to other people's to get along with them was something I did because I thought that was compromise. Every magazine article or book talks about how relationships need compromise. Except whenever I did, people still walked away. I was always too much of a giver (nep) in relationships, because it keeps you free (sag) of debt (8th)

Now that transitting saturn has come into sag and my 8th, I'm getting a very clear message that I'm not willing to play to other people's values. Or more precisely that I'm only going to spend my time and effort on people who have similar values and levels of psychological health to begin with.

I'm testing people early on to see whether they're capable of intimacy, whether they're capable of being a giver (not just a taker), I'm finding out what their values are.

Lin

I would really like to see your chart .....the Neptune - Jupiter position I think would have to take some of the blame for personal issues. Pluto alone in any house cannot be responsible for the success or failure of the issues of that particular house.
LIN

Inside Out Orange

I would really like to see your chart .....the Neptune - Jupiter position I think would have to take some of the blame for personal issues. Pluto alone in any house cannot be responsible for the success or failure of the issues of that particular house.
LIN

Hi Lin ... I agree you can't put it on one thing, a transitting planet in a house just gives a background influence to events. Looking back, t-Pluto in my 8th was a long period where it slowly purged me of all my projections and other psychological issues. Often those purges happened as a result of other transits to my chart.

But somehow I've needed t-Saturn to come along and make me more materialistic about 8H issues.

But the thread wasn't intended to only be about me, I wanted to hear everybody's experiences of transitting pluto and saturn in the sag area of their charts.

So what's your experience been?

Lin

I'll get back to you about my Saturn thru my Sagi house which is my 2nd.

PURGE is actually a pretty good Pluto word. Although I usually use "metamorphosis" or "irrevocable change".
I think of Pluto, Neptune, Uranus as "stage setters". ...like the scenery in a play. the more personal planets are the actors....they create the story but need to preform the play within the framework of the "stage setting."
LIN