Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Wonder how that works when Merc will soon be so far ahead, almost out of the sign. (Are they within orb of aspect this time through Scorp?) Am sure the messages are faint, even if Mars wasn’t such a macho DIY type. Maybe a few mishaps before guidance is accepted?

Still over 2 weeks before Mr. Winged Sandals flies off into Sagittarius to visit the Centaurs. But, Jupiter will have already crossed over into forbidden territory on his own.

Last edited:

david starling

Glad to hear your explanation. Can you describe how you separate rulers from signs in that way? Particularly with the example you use of the 11th house - the way it seems to operate to me it has some kind of Uranian ground rules. I wouldn’t know how to call them “Aquarian rules” without the Uranian influence. (Does your autocorrect force you to say Iranian, by the way??)
I haven’t seen yet a Modern way of delineating similarities and differences between houses and signs that makes sense to me in that “clicking” way. Vedic astrologers seem to refer to planets having natural domicile in houses rather than rulership.

in 12/12, the Native-ruler (aka Domicle-ruler) of a Sign is like its parental influence. The Houses are customized for the Signs, and the Native-ruler of a Sign is always welcome in the House that matches up with that Sign, with the exception of Saturn, because Saturn's an abusive parent.

david starling

When Saturn is so mean in a natal, how come he can be positive in synastry? It can’t be purely due to the helpfulness of the other planets in the relationship, with Saturn acting just the binder?

Since we live in a Saturnian version of reality, a good or bad Saturn matchup will make or break a relationship.

david starling

The real question is whether Saturn's psychotic nature can be healed. I believe this will be accomplished once the tropical Age of Aquarius finally gets underway, and that will be where Mercury really comes through for us.

david starling

I certainly would like to hear more about this, David. It sounds like you’re saying that the parts of Aquarius that feel negative-Saturnine today are due to the effects of this tropical age of Capricorn. Uranus being an Outer, I have my doubts about our capacity to perceive it as an unmitigated good. Mercury being heroic makes a little more sense. Will be nice to hear the story.

The alchemical connection is Mercury as god of Alchemy, and the claim that alchemy can enable the transformation of the element lead, currently known as Saturn's metal, into the Sun's metal, gold. The Romans connected Saturn to a Golden Age, before he went mad. But, what if that Golden Age is really in the future, rather than in the past?
Also, in 12/12, Mercury is Exalted in Capricorn, and Saturn is in-Service to Mercury and a Benefactor in Gemini.

Last edited:

david starling

Sun is in Sagittarius! Catalytic, in the 12/12 system.
c.t. coined the expression "dynamic uncertainty", which is paired with a can-do attitude.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Mars in Scorpio. Violence has risen in the country, with many areas having deployed army personnel in order to curtail crime. I have it on good authority that a couple folks and their associates are about to escalate things for the holiday season. Someone I know has gone to 7 funerals in the past 3 weeks. Many many places are on edge. You can feel it in the air.

Jupiter's near sojourn to Capricorn doesn't do much in the alleviation department. Most are in business mode, through necessity. Some can barely afford a present for their kids, much less convincingly put on a festive mood. The music scene is also uncharacteristically barren. It's going to be a dry Christmas for many, and unfortunately for others, a wet one.

david starling

Mars in Scorpio. Violence has risen in the country, with many areas having deployed army personnel in order to curtail crime. I have it on good authority that a couple folks and their associates are about to escalate things for the holiday season. Someone I know has gone to 7 funerals in the past 3 weeks. Many many places are on edge. You can feel it in the air.

Jupiter's near sojourn to Capricorn doesn't do much in the alleviation department. Most are in business mode, through necessity. Some can barely afford a present for their kids, much less convincingly put on a festive mood. The music scene is also uncharacteristically barren. It's going to be a dry Christmas for many, and unfortunately for others, a wet one.

I see Mars as Exalted in Scorpio. Exalted placements are good if one can handle the excessive influence, and bad if one can't. This Mars placement works as an energy-boost for me. Doesn't seem to be causing traffic accidents in my area, which was the case with Mars in Capricorn.

conspiracy theorist

On a personal level will is galvanised, but sympathy is less. Energy and commitment are encouraged -- my stamina has not failed me which is good because it's needed for what I have navigating.

david starling

We have this political stuff interfering with holiday cheer. I'm not really emotionally engaged with it, but people around me are. So, I try not to get involved in conversations about it. One of my brothers is a gung ho Trump supporter, including all the talking points. I once criticized the environmental policies, and he couldn't tolerate ANY criticism of the current administration. Others are totally depressed about Trump, to the extent that it's actually affecting their physical and mental health.
Had some fun with the Trump UFO thread though. :biggrin:

Last edited:

david starling

Wish Gem was here, she could share insight on Sagittarius season in a nominally atheist country.

Santa Claus has Jupiterian qualities. More Jove-like than Zeusian.
Nine reindeer (including Rudolph), apropo Sagittarius as Sign #9; and, Donner(thunder) + Blitzen(lightening) = Jupiter's well-known attributes.

david starling

Here's something I already mentioned on the Voyage thread--the tropical Age-indicator is subject to nutation, which causes there to be an erratic discrepancy of a possible +/- two degrees between its True position each year, and its constantly Direct-motion, Mean (median) position in a tropical Chart. In 2020, the True location will be 29 degrees 26 minutes Capricorn, two degrees ahead of the Mean, which is currently at 27 degrees 46 minutes. This year, 2019, the True location is 28 degrees 02 minutes tropical Capricorn.
So, these last remaining 2+ degrees of the tropical Age of Capricorn are crucial to our shared, mundane reality, as individuals. With the Age Window now containing nearly all of Capricorn, it will showcase the Saturn/Pluto conjunction on January 12th, at 22 degrees Cap, a reality-altering event for both individuals and society in general.
In 2028, the True Perihelion will be at 29 degrees 42 minutes of tropical Capricorn. Getting closer to Aqua every year! With Sign-blending, nearly half and half :capricorn:/:aquarius:, but Saturn is still the tropical Age-lord. :uranus: won't ascend the throne until the Age-indicator reaches 0 degrees Aquarius. Then, Queen for a year, True placement.

Last edited:

david starling

Venus conjunct Jupiter ongoing.
Mars/Moon/Mercury stellium in tropical Scorpio, within 8 degree Orb; Moon leaving Mars, approaching Merc.
Mars in exact opp. to :uranus:.

Last edited:

david starling

What year does the Age indicator reach 0 Aquarius?

For the tropical Age, I have to run a natal for every year, starting with 2033, which is when the Mean reaches 28 degrees Capricorn, within range of the +/- 2 degree nutation caused by the Moon orbiting the Earth. I jumped all the way to 2047, when the True setting is at 0 degree 2 minutes Aquarius. I'll keep running them to see if there's an earlier date for the 00 :aquarius: mark.
There's no apparent pattern regarding the amount of +/- nutation. As for the Mean position of the Age-indicator, it reaches Aquarius in 2149, with a steady 1+ minute of arc, Direct-motion transit through the tropical zodiac.
Given my firm restriction about Sign-blending not including Rulership-blending, I can't claim that Uranian authority is already in effect, in competition with Saturnian authority. So, we have a situation where it's now an Age of Capricorn with a lot of Aquarian qualities mixed with Capricorn, and Saturn is twisting the Aquarian to its own ends.

Last edited:

david starling

What year does the Age indicator reach 0 Aquarius?

If you include the sidereal Aquarian Age, you COULD simply adjust the sidereal zodiac to give an Aquarian Age already in progress. It just doesn't jibe with the sidereal zodiac settings of nearly all of the actual sidereal astrologers, who have it set in a way that moves the start of the sidereal Aquarian Age into the 24th Century.