View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2020, 11:54 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: My chart. Mentally illness in family and abuse

For a tendency to have younger partners, the first thing I look for is Mercury at the DC, or barring that, at least in the seventh house, ruling the seventh house, or conjunct the seventh house ruler. But you don't have any of those placements.

So, my thought is it's not so much a constant attraction to younger people as it is a certain relationship dynamic that works for you. If you are the older woman in an older woman/younger man relationship, and this pattern holds across several relationships, what's the dynamic in those relationships? It has to be different from the dynamic you would have if you were dating older men or men your own age. (For all practical purposes, though, a man four years younger than you is your age, especially by this time in your life.)

In particular, I wonder what kind of chatter is going on between your Moon and Mars. Mars is the closest planet you have to your DC, and it's in your whole sign seventh house, so I would consider it in the context of your relationships. It's also, for everyone, the planet of sex drive and passion, and there's a common belief among some astrologers that Mars in a woman's chart represents the men she's attracted to. (Personally, I have a lot of problems with that--it assumes that everyone is heterosexual, which is not true, and it seems to be based on the idea that Mars is an exclusively masculine planet that women must disown in themselves and project onto men.)

Moon, meanwhile, represents a certain feminine principle, particularly a "mothering" one. Do these younger men see you as a mother figure, in any sense? Do you mother them, in some sense? Since your Moon is in Aquarius, I wouldn't expect a very lovey-dovey, kiss your bruises kind of mothering energy from you, but a more distant sort of mothering energy, the kind that says, "Do what you will, but make me proud!"
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.