New Muslim

Hi everyone,

This isnt an introduction, but it is kind of telling you about the new me, and kind of a goodbye, so I thought this was the best place for it.

I recently took my Shahada, and I have reverted to Islam. So I am now a Muslim. :eek:
I know alot of you will probably be shocked, so I am happy to answer any questions if I can. I have been reading the Qur'an and its seems like the truth to me.
I still have alot to learn, but I am taking it one step at a time, and am praying everyday......and its going good.
I dont seem to have time for astrology anymore, so thats why I havent been here. Praying and trying to learn as much as I can about Islam, is taking a lot of my day, along with caring for my boy, which seems so much easier these days, funnily enough.

I thought I would leave you with this link.....its very beautiful. Its some of the messages of the Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him.
I hope you all enjoy it, and perhaps one of you know what the music is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyzDG8kbsmA

May God be with all of you

Kylie

Neptune Rising

Good luck to you Kylie, so 'Looking to Jupiter' gave you a Jupiter type blessing! :)

I wish you all the best.

Edit, but also pleased for you. Pop by though, whenever you feel an astro urge.

NR

Last edited:

tsquare

Just don't blow anyone up ok?
(teesing)
I read a bit of the Qur'an when a friend, neighbor who lived accross the hall, brought it up one day.
He wasn't playing convert or anything so he was alright.
He was horrified about what has happened with the religion in general, concerning the negative things done in the name of.
I told him the same joke...took him a while to laugh though..he was identifed with and felt responsible for the negative acts, just by sharing the "same faith"....which he latter learned was silly, then he realised the shame was not his own....good for him.
He learned it was best to be able to shrug off much of the ignorance that others had about the religion, I claim ignorance when it comes to it because I know I am, which is fine for me, I had, and have other interests, he was alright with that also.
He recieved allot of riddicule for being a Muslim, studying the faith, allot of dark looks...it got to him at first....it started to make him cold at times....but he learned and overcame that......
Last I spoke to him he had a sence of hummor and a light heart that he grew into, I haven't seen him for a few years.

Much like any religion, Christianity Etc. Etc.......there will always be dark histories and truth burried under in the effort to controll, from people who have robbed an image...that has more to do with bussiness then faith, but it happens.
Much of the muslim faith is beautifull.
I hope you find the best of it, there are good things there like in all things.
I heard at one time that Muhammed was a cancer..never seen a chart though...

Best Wishes,:)
Tsquare

Thanks Jo and Tsquare,

Tsq, you do make me laugh......Nah I dont plan to blow anyone up...:D
Its nice to hear that you have read a bit of the Qur'an. To begin with, I thought Islam was misoginistic (sp?) but it is far from it. Obviously there are some that treat there women badly, and some of the laws that run Islamic countries, are really wild, but the Qur'an is the source.....the rest is just made up by mere mortal men.....(scholars). One has to just look for themselves, which is what I have done.

Thanks for your best wishes.
I will pop in occasionally to see whats happening, but am giving astro a miss for the time being....i'm still not sure if prediction is something that a muslim is able to do, so until I do, I wont be doing any.

Anyway.....
Blessings to you both

Kylie

LionKing

I wish you well in what-ever you do. I had a friend convert to the Muslim faith. After I talked to him for awhile and I didn't put him down because he chose that faith. I just told him like I tell anyone else. Nice religion, but how does it save you?
Sure it teaches that Jesus is a prophet, but it doesn't say that He is the Son of God who is God. After a year or so of my friend thinking on these issues, he came back to Christian values. I never tried to change him back, he did it all on his own.
I know that you are not going to like my message. Maybe I shouldn't write it. I'm not putting your religion down, I just wish it had a better salvation plan than "works." But bless you anyway. V/r LionKing

tikana

Lion

you are not only putting muslims down but agnostics and athiests along with druids, other minor religions and etc. I am 100% agnostic but i believe in gravity because it si there and can be proven. Who was saving whose soul before Christ was crucified. No one yet to prove if "salvation" actually works or not but whatever i am not judging anyone on anything. If Kylie chose Islam, it is her right. There are Muslims who are converting into Christianity they hear the same thing from follow Muslims with deadly threats though.

http://www.compassdirect.org/en/display.php?page=news〈=en&length=long&idelement=4978

http://www.domini.org/openbook/pal20030729.htm

throwing "salvation" and other Christian invented terms aint cool at all!

cheers
T

Last edited:

tsquare

.i'm still not sure if prediction is something that a muslim is able to do, so until I do, I wont be doing any.
I think it would be odd you would have to ask for permission..I just want to say be carefull in studying a religion, any religion....I'm only saying this because I have studied lots of them, and I know many who have studied lots of them, I have personally been through alot of the pitfalls as well as the joys, I don't want to come across as telling you what to do or any of that, far from it....but religions can do just that, religion means, reafermation.

I'm just saying don't limit abilities you do have, because someone tells you, "A muslim does this" or "A musslim does that" or "a Musslim never does this" or "a Muslim nver does that"...don't get igrained into a fixed identity,
THis happend to my friend...he forgot to look for himself after a while...I'm just saying it's really easy to do, thats all...now he understands his faith even better that he sees himself as being allowed to be himself, allowed to look, allowed to know and see, not just believe.

..and be weary of religious groups....as you mentioned, look for yourself...look at the book, find out about it's background, Find the deffintions to the words, clear up missunderstoods you have, or even the books, don't be affraid to define for yourself as well, and be willing to learn both the neagative aspects as well as the possitive...
ALL Religions decended from Philosophy.
I can Guarantee that.

I came across something that was a very very usefull tool, it was a mental process that helped me to study religions for myself, as well as other subjects, I found it very very valuable...I am sharing it, that means you can discard it if you don't find it personally usefull, like a silly christmas present. It helped in times that I got "stuck" and felt a bit in a rut.
When you find yourself full of conflicting beliefs.

Here it is.

Concider something you believe is true.

Concider WHY you believe it is true.

Recall the earliest time you believed it.

Go thorough those in the order presented, write down the answers if needed, it can really clear ones head.
I did this process for about 5 hours one day....it helped allot....just weird answers came up, weird beliefs, wierd thoughts, some were my own, some were not...this can dig deep if you really answer the questions and cycle through,...after that i had to get up...go for a walk....extrovert...and things were just....different...more real....beliefs I had that I thought were odd...truths uncovered...it's a bit like picking at your own personal beliefs you do have instead of just putting more on the top....it is important....sometimes difficult......truth is what it is, not what we always like it to be....we don't always need others to tell us what that is....we at the most need others to hold up a light boney finger slightly pointing while we do the looking...the finding...

This helped me in the past to sort out my mind when I came across things that seemed to clog it up...studying a religion is difficult because much gets lost in translation, redefining things and releasing stuck viewpoints is a necessity, or else one runs blind, fixed...religions purpose it to be a light pointer towards discovering ones own truths, it has decended in the past to base worship, THe Word(s) has been lost in the past this way.....

I'm just saying.....look for truth, and challenge belief, when you know truth you will know..you will have an unshakable certainty and you would have to lie to yourself to loose it....religions purpose is truth and self actualisation, towards a better life. Don't be affraid to challenge the book, and if anyone tells you thats bad, and your just supposed to believe it all, run like hell from that person, because their intent it to give you their truth at the expense of your own.....and it usually ends in force.
Sometimes the worst we can do for one another is to say for another..what is, and what is not.....

Edit:
I guess What I am saying is to be Care Full and,
Take Care,:)
Speed has no relation to Care, take YOUR TIME.
And I hope the above doesn't come across as me trying to indoctriante anyone, because it is a heavy indoctrination that I dislike the most.
Tsquare:)

Last edited:

Draco

Sister Kylie,

It’s amazing how all this looks from this new perspective isn’t it? :)

It was perhaps better in retrospect to leave your farewell unannounced, but you sought to make dawa, and this is honourable, those who wish to discover more, will do so, what will be, will be, in accordance with the will of Allah, praised and exalted be He.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful:

Say: O you that reject faith!
I worship not that which you worship,
Nor will you worship that which I worship.
And I will not worship that which you have been wont to worship,
Nor will you worship that which I worship.
To you then be your way, and to me mine.
(109:1-6)

Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn
From the mischief of created things;
From the mischief of Darkness as it overspreads;
From the mischief of those who blow on Knots;
And from the mischief of the envious one as he practices envy.
(113:1-5)

Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind,
The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,
The God (or Judge) of Mankind -
From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper) -
(The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind -
Among Jinns and among Men.
(114:1-6)

My apologies for any person I may have wronged, or mislead in this environment during my time of practicing shirk*, and assuming the mantle of a prophet.

Peace be upon you all, we love you all, and pray that you find the mercy and blessing of Allah, praised and exalted be He.

* Shirk (Arabic: شرك‎) is the Islamic concept of the sin of polytheism specifically, but in a more general way refers to worshipping other than Allah, associating partners with Him, giving his characteristics to other than Him, or not believing in His characteristics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHujiWd49l4

Last edited:
Hey Brother :)

Moulin and Julie, thanks for your nice wishes. Moulin, Im sure its ok for me to say that yes, Draco is now a Muslim too, but I must say, that he has not converted to islamic Law. Being A muslim means that we both belive there is no god but Allah, and that His messenger was Muhammed (peace be upon him) .Islamic law is not something that we can convert or revert to. Islamic Law is the respnse by some nations, to impliment the message of the Quran. How that works for all the people that are underneath its rule, I honestly have no idea, because I have never experienced it. But I am glad I am able to really absorb and question what I belive. I think that is always a good basis for a religion. (and we cant always just believe the media ;) )

Kaybug, I will pray for you. Such hatred hurts yourself in the end, i know, I have practised that way of life for years and never been happy. I guess thats why I have come to Islam. To try and take control of my actions, and thoughts. nothing like praying 5 times a day, to make you mindful of everything you do. I'm really sorry this thread has annoyed you. it wasnt my intention.

In response to the question made by Lion, about how Islam can save me, well in short it is already.
I just know that i have had freedom to do what ever i have wanted in life, and i have still been miserable. I have had too many hours in the day, to get caught up in the distractions that are around that have never fulfilled me anyway. I just knew in my heart when i read the quran, that in submitting to God, I could be happy. I realized i was deserving of a respect deeper than anything that i have encountered so far, and that that respect, would come from, submission and acceptance of God. Its terribly difficult to explain....If i dedicate time to Allah, everyday, I am able to concentrate on my actions and thoughts.....I need that structure in my life.....(cap sun maybe?)...I have been someone that really hasnt taken any responsibility for my actions and words for ages, and it has been to my detriment.
The quran, just resonates with my heart........Its too hard to explain in words.

Im going to go now....I have struggled over attempting to explain myself on this subject too much!!!I have written hundreds of words, but no combination is able to explain how i feel in my heart...it goes beyond words, so I surrender and will leave you all with a poem instead :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB_lLb2Jsv

Hope you all find peace and happiness. May God lead you to the truth

Salam (peace)

Kylie

Salam a’ley kom
...How wonderful Moulin that you know some arabic!

I really wish you luck Moulin....Im sorry about our past rubbish....Its helped me realize alot though. Its very strange that Draco and I have both become Muslims. I for one , never thought such a thing was going to happen. I cant talk for Draco.
Im glad it has though.....you would have to agree that some humility and modesty is something I could do with some more of ;)

anyway moulin

Assalamu Alaikom warahmatu (peace be upon you, and may Allah show you his mercy and blessings)
Kylie

Moulin

Of course l do.. my ex husband (God bless his evil mind) was/is a Muslim... a rather unevolved one at that!

Yes, humility is a good thing. It breeds stillness, compassion and positivity.
Thank you for accepting responsibility for your actions.

I am all for forgiveness. Life is only about today so the past is already erased or woven into who we are today.

I have had some luck... l managed to successfully create a new account on the 'other' forum. Oh joy of joys! lmao

BTW, rubbish lives in the bin! It's good to accept oneself and give the true self back to yourself.

Moulin rouge..... lol

Looking to Jupiter said:
...How wonderful Moulin that you know some arabic!

I really wish you luck Moulin....Im sorry about our past rubbish....Its helped me realize alot though. Its very strange that Draco and I have both become Muslims. I for one , never thought such a thing was going to happen. I cant talk for Draco.
Im glad it has though.....you would have to agree that some humility and modesty is something I could do with some more of ;)

anyway moulin

Assalamu Alaikom warahmatu (peace be upon you, and may Allah show you his mercy and blessings)
Kylie

Neptune Rising

Hmm, you sound like you are at Peace Kylie, plenty out there who aren't. I'm idealistic but I wish that some of that peace could balance out some of the imbalances out there in the world. We all have to start from within. ;)

NR

I am glad you are happy and at peace Kylie but I guess it seems a quick change, doesn't feel authentic. Just be careful what you put your faith into and that you are not left disillusioned Jupiter/Neptune. You need to have a real strong sense of self. Don't feel you have to try and belong somewhere, as long as you value yourself that is all that matters.

I wish you all the best. :)

How did you marry a Muslim Moulin? (say that ten times really fast!:D) I thought you had to be a Muslim?
You know, getting little tid bits of info about your life over the last six mths, never made much sense until now, but hey, it all does now. Id really love to have a chat with you at some time.....my profile has my chat address......I dont feel what I would like to say, and ask is appropriate to say here.....(now i wish i had PM's!)......wow Moulin.......I never knew this about your muslim husband, but it makes so much sense!!!!!!!

Neptune,......we can only try and hope hey? There are pleny of imbalances to sort out.....