Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Yea I’m just not finding short term predictive techniques motivating, like fatalistic or just weird instead. For example, I scheduled a virtual beauty appointment when Venus was at my ascendant. The results are so ordinary and conventionally attractive — not my style at all.
Working with slower moving planets on the other hand feels a bit more amenable to the operation of will.

Was your M.C. square Venus? Since i consider the M.C. to be about how you want to be perceived by others, that might explain it.

Osamenor

Staff member
Yea I’m just not finding short term predictive techniques motivating, like fatalistic or just weird instead. For example, I scheduled a virtual beauty appointment when Venus was at my ascendant. The results are so ordinary and conventionally attractive — not my style at all.
Working with slower moving planets on the other hand feels a bit more amenable to the operation of will.

Where was Moon at the time of that beauty appointment?

I had an astrology teacher who swore that the best time to get your hair done is when the moon is in the stylist's sun sign, or at least a sign in the same element as their sun. If true, it stands to reason that the same would be true of beauty appointments.

I find that the person I go to for haircuts seems to give me the best ones on earth sign moon days. I have no idea what her sun sign is, but I guess it's an earth sign. Either that or maybe the earth sign moon vibes best with my Capricorn ascendant, so my head (AC) comes out looking the best.

Another thought: was this virtual appointment with someone you'd worked with before, or someone new? If someone new, it sounds like you didn't manage to communicate what you really wanted to them. Was Mercury still retrograde, by any chance?

Dirius

I agree it’s equally about the consultant and their chart and how it plays with yours. I’d given excellent details which the consultant didn’t review in advance. Then he ignored half the instructions I gave (not sure if you can hear my eyes roll) and make it flashier. It was my first virtual consult and my first and last time working with that person. There unfortunately isn’t a drop down for selecting the MUA sun. Maybe water signs would have been better for him getting it. Venus was in air and moon in Aries.

wait.. so it looks good but you didn't like it?:w00t:

Bunraku

wait.. so it looks good but you didn't like it?:w00t:
I mean there’s certain types of aesthetic that looks good but it’s not your preference.

I’m sure you’d look good in a leather jacket. I’m sure you’d look good in a dress too. But would you wear the dress? :lol:

conspiracy theorist

CT, what do you think about Rahu? What do impact does Rahu have conjuncting certain planets?

Nietzsche has Rahu conjunct Moon, that's so interesting.

Think it's a force multiplier, essentially. I don't care much for the karmic stuff. I know a woman who also happens to have Sag Moon conj. NN and I think she and Nietzsche share in common an ungovernable psyche. Highly creative and gifted, but unstable.

conspiracy theorist

What if the slower planets influence so subtly that you aren't catching when your will is being constrained by them? A banking expert stated in an interview that it seems humans are incapable of handling long term crises because of us ignoring the cumulative effects until **** hits the fan (I'm paraphrasing). Maybe a similar thing happens with the ponderous planets.

Last edited: