A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

aquarius7000

This very apparent bullying and ridiculing tactics by some clearly self-serving miscreants here, nicely camouflaged by sprinkles of astrology terms or a sentence or two about the subject at hand, despite which the real intent of the person comes out very clearly, has been tolerated apparently quite a bit on this forum of late.

The behaviour seems to be condoned by those that could nip it in the bud rather than allowing one member to bully another and things flaring up. How else should a member clarify to oneself the continuation of these intimidation and ridicule tactics, harassment of some repeatedly by the same members hopping from thread to thread, unchecked. It antagonizes and pushes away members that are really serious about the subject matter at hand, be it Astrology or anything else for that matter, but the mafia behaviour is allowed.

A real, informational discussion does not need undertones of bullying and intimidation as has been the case on a no. of recent threads.

It is absolutely not surprising in the least why bullying and racism is so prevalent

Last edited:

david starling

The Civil Rights Movement has stopped moving. Now, people of good will are trying to get it going again.

Trump's Presidency is a roadblock in that regard, so once that's removed, we should start seeing some progress.

Last edited:

Dirius

The Civil Rights Movement has stopped moving. Now, people of good will are trying to get it going again.

Trump's Presidency is a roadblock in that regard, so once that's removed, we should start seeing some progress.

Ironic, considering how blacks seem to have improved economically under the Trump presidency.

Dirius

It does prove the point and I think what scares me about your approach/ perspective is that you're incredibly condescending and antagonizing, even your choice of Mate and Dear to imply this false sense of kinship and or/authority while being so da-mn eager to undermine, dismiss and deny.

There are people have dedicated their entire lives to your approach and I think it's important to bring light to it because I've seen you do it so many times before.

1. You and many others love to use this constant, well yes but what about, or well how come and there's actually a term called “whataboutism”, it's a logical fallacy. The Wall Street Journal has commentary on this in 2017 or 2018, you should take the time to check it out.

2. The other thing you seem to constantly be doing is tokenizing successful black people. It's not that you're genuinely trying to understand how two things can co-exist at the same time, you're doing it as a means to bury/negate/invalidate the realties of systemic racism and to push the same old tired ideologies of merit based achievement.

And then you have the audacity to try and charmingly imply that you're an a-hole. No, what you are is a perpetuator of trauma. How can anyone dismiss a very racist world and act as though no privilege exists is beyond me.

Anyway, I'm done engaging, it's clear you really don't have good intentions or come from a good place. I'm frightened that so many people share your perspective.

Thats a very nice statement, but you still haven't answered my question.

It seems the ones truly benefiting from the system are Asian americans, who earn 15% more than white people. That is a considerable amount. They also earn much more than black people and hispanics. Thus if you compare the average income of a black person, and that of an asian person, one could make the similar claim of "asian privilige".

Lets leave white people out of the equation completely.

Whats the deal with the disparity between asians and blacks? Can you explain that massive gap?

Last edited:

Dirius

This very apparent bullying and ridiculing tactics by some clearly self-serving miscreants here, nicely camouflaged by sprinkles of astrology terms or a sentence or two about the subject at hand, despite which the real intent of the person comes out very clearly, has been tolerated apparently quite a bit on this forum of late.

The behaviour seems to be condoned by those that could nip it in the bud rather than allowing one member to bully another and things flaring up. How else should a member clarify to oneself the continuation of these intimidation and ridicule tactics, harassment of some repeatedly by the same members hopping from thread to thread, unchecked. It antagonizes and pushes away members that are really serious about the subject matter at hand, be it Astrology or anything else for that matter, but the mafia behaviour is allowed.

A real, informational discussion does not need undertones of bullying and intimidation as has been the case on a no. of recent threads.

It is absolutely not surprising in the least why bullying and racism is so prevalent

The only thing I did, was quote the article you posted.

I made a simple observation on the data you presented, which you were unable to explain.

Thats not bullying, that's copy/paste the information from your article. You can call the mods if you believe my post is attacking you.

Last edited:

Dirius

And then you have the audacity to try and charmingly imply that you're an a-hole. No, what you are is a perpetuator of trauma. How can anyone dismiss a very racist world and act as though no privilege exists is beyond me.
I will answer this specifically.

I never said racism didn't existed.

I'm sure there are plenty of racists out there in america. There are lots of racist white people, lots of racist black people, lots of racist asian people, and lots of racist hispanics, and arabs, and indians, and so on.

But your claim, was that the U.S. has a "system" in place, which grants privilige and preference towards a specific ethnicity: white people.

However the data, does not seem to back this up, because there is a minority group which is more succesful than white people.

The only thing I'm asking, is for you to explain the discrepancy between your claim, and the available data.

You haven't been able to do that, thus why you resorted to name calling me, which is an evident attempt at deflecting the question.

david starling

Ironic, considering how blacks seem to have improved economically under the Trump presidency.

Everyone was improving economically during the Obama recovery period following the meltdown. And things would have continued to improve under Hillary, or any other President. Trump didn't cause it, he took credit where credit wasn't due.

Trump recently said that the man the police killed was "Happy", happy that the unemployment figures had improved. :andy::andy::andy:

As it turns out, the one racial group that they haven't yet improved for is....the dead man's racial group.

Trump's trying to use the U.S. Army against American citizens exercising their right to protest injustice. This isn't about violent agitators, it's about peaceful protesters like the ones he ordered attacked by the National Guard outside of the White House, so he could enjoy a photo op in front of a church, holding a bible. He's gone completely over the edge of reason. Anyone who still supports him has gone over with him.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

prison-population-growth_2.jpg

david starling

Actually, Trump thinks dead George is watching, and that George is "happy" that Trump used military force against those peacefully protesting George's death by police brutality! THAT explains it! :andy::andy::andy:

JUPITERASC

Actually, Trump thinks dead George is watching, and that George is "happy" that Trump used military force against those peacefully protesting George's death by police brutality! THAT explains it! :andy::andy::andy:
Trump recently said that the man the police killed was "Happy",
happy that the unemployment figures had improved. :andy::andy::andy:
In case anyone did not listen to the actual speech:

Here's how the media twisted Trump's words :smile:
about George Floyd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WsNIJwJcj0

JUPITERASC

Why did Trump claim that dead George Floyd is watching, and is happy? Bet no one can answer that question. :smile:

OBVIOUSLY LISTEN TO THE ACTUAL SPEECH

i.e.

about George Floyd

david starling

Fox news had no explanation for why it was a "great day" for George Floyd, because Trump gave no explanation!

Last October, Trump removed the previous Administration's restrictions on the use of force by police! Now, THAT was a great day for racist cops!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Why did Trump claim that dead George Floyd is watching, and is happy? Bet no one can answer that question. :smile:

Trump gave no reason why it was a "great day" for George Floyd!
He did say it was also "a great day for America" because of the unemployment figures , which is what the speech was really about.

Fox news had no explanation for why it was a "great day" for George Floyd, because Trump gave no explanation!

Last October, Trump removed the previous Administration's restrictions on the use of force by police! Now, THAT was a great day for racist cops!

LISTENING TO THE ACTUAL SPEECH IS AN OPTION

i.e.

about George Floyd