Anti Stalking

unique_astrology

For a long time I have noticed when I checked for data on a members bio Wilson was listed as a recent visitor right next to me.

Attachments

• MILD.gif
    MILD.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 29

Osamenor

Staff member
For a long time I have noticed when I checked for data on a members bio Wilson was listed as a recent visitor right next to me.

Obviously, you're stalking him. Cut that out! :lol:

Seriously, have you noticed that our software alphabetizes names? The recent visitors list automatically gets alphabetized. So do the thanks at the bottom of a post: if more than one person thanks it, their names are arranged in alphabetical order, regardless of who posted their thanks first.

Unique is next to Wilson in alphabetical order, of all the screen names of people who most often visit other people's pages around here. His name appearing next to yours doesn't mean you're necessarily visiting people's bios back to back, just that you both fell somewhere among the last ten visitors. Moderators have extra reasons to visit people's pages, and we also visit people's pages for the same mundane reasons the rest of you do, so our names are often going to be on there.

unique_astrology

Good try. But I'm not buying it. It just happens too often. I wonder why he is interested in me.

I really just wanted to let it be known that I am aware.

Osamenor

Staff member
Good try. But I'm not buying it. It just happens too often. I wonder why he is interested in me.

I really just wanted to let it be known that I am aware.

If he were following you to every bio you visit, you wouldn't see his name, because he would be visiting the page after you. You only see the names of the last ten visitors--that's you and the last nine before you (or less, if fewer than ten people have visited the page). People who visit the page after you aren't listed when you see it because they haven't visited yet. If you see Wilsontc on there, that means he visited the page sometime before you.

So, if anyone's following anyone, you're following him.