Should I have to be afraid?

Miamama

Good evening.
:)
This is my first post in your forum, hope will have a good start.

A "distant" facebook friend for three years, ask me for a first date few days ago and I delay the answer because of the composite chart.

Sun in the First House, Sun Opposition Moon, Sun Conjunct Pluto, Moon in the Seventh House, Moon Opposition Pluto, Venus in the Twelfth House.

My question: Are some aspects together a warning for emotional violence in a relationship?

Miamama

So... a lot of people read the thread, nobody was interested to answer. I suppose it's a really dump question, made by an obvious ignorant in astrology.
Nevermind.

katydid

So... a lot of people read the thread, nobody was interested to answer. I suppose it's a really dump question, made by an obvious ignorant in astrology.
Nevermind.

I think no one answered because there was no chart to look at.

And the aspects that you describe, do not mean there is any violence involved, necessarily.

But why would you think that? Was this person violent in the past?

Miamama

...thanks for replaying.
I don't know if he was violent in the past. Nor i'm intrested anymore to find out because the first meeting wasn't nice... he was like a dog eating a good meal. So, will never have another.

But could we generalise the question and talk about aspects who warning about violence in a composite?
I just start to learn about astrology and think is important to avoid that kind of connections.

Osamenor

Staff member
The best predictor of violence in a relationship isn't astrology, it's past behavior. If someone has been violent toward previous partners, that's a good indication. If they're abusive in other ways, or just plain controlling, or abusive toward children and/or animals, that's another indicator.

Aspects that might indicate violence only indicate that if someone has a predilection for violence or abuse. If the aspects are there but no one in the relationship has any history of being violent or abusive, it's probably not going to become a violent or abusive relationship. There might be a lot of arguing, or power struggle, or those same aspects could play out as a competitive streak, or as strong chemistry--strong Mars placements, for example, might play out as sexual chemistry, or as competitiveness, or as violence--but the aspects alone don't make the relationship abusive.

Miamama

What about the composite who says "what is the relationship for"? If there is clear aspects who indicate violence? I supposed we have a "it's up to you if you gonna risk it" choice? We do not know always the persons past...

Osamenor

Staff member
What about the composite who says "what is the relationship for"? If there is clear aspects who indicate violence? I supposed we have a "it's up to you if you gonna risk it" choice? We do not know always the persons past...

No, there can never be clear aspects that indicate violence, for the reasons I just explained. Aspects that could indicate violence could just as easily indicate something else. It's impossible to determine if someone is going to be violent, or if there will be violence in a relationship, based on astrology alone.