Jupiter square Jupiter - a joyful time!

noideaaboutastro

Am I right in assuming Jupiter square Jupiter is an AWESOME time? Mine is just about to finish in a couple of weeks and I've had the time of my life.

I have always being a travel nut and the number of places I have gone this year, exactly when this transit started. It started in March and that's when my first adventure was, still in this country but to an awesome city. Then the next month went on an adventure to another city, still in the same country. Went numerous times to the beach which is in a town close to where I live in that time. Discovered a lot of hidden gems in the city I live in, travelled to heaps of places and unearthed every rock. In September, went overseas to the other side of the world! We hardly have any money but my family offered to pay most of the trip expenses for us!

I just read this in a book about Jupiter: if it is impossible for the world to expand due to life circumstance, Jupiter will simply change the life circumstance. It is so true! Where would I be without Jupiter? I have less money than most of my friends and yet I have somehow had people offering me almost free airfares (my friends works for an airline), offering accomodation to come visit, or just frankly offering to pay for an airfare! OMG!!!! I've travelled more than my friends who have more money!

AdAstra

Now, this is the kind of post I LOVE to read! :)
Good for you. I am very glad.

I had to look back to find out mine (just now)... and now I see it coincided with a period I call my "downfall" - BUT... I don't think Jupiter square Jupiter had much to do with it. ;)
(And after all, I am the gal who enjoyed Saturn's return! ;-)

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I was really glad to read it!

noideaaboutastro

By the way, may I ask you, in which house and which sign is your natal Jupiter?

My natal Jupiter is in my 7th house in Taurus.

Because it's at the beginning of my 7th house, at first it was transiting the last part of the 3rd house and then it came into 4th house. That's where I think the luck with family comes in, because before that I was only making "short" trips (well, within the country).

Anyone else want to share their Jupiter square Jupiter transits?

My natal Jupiter is in my 7th house in Taurus.

Because it's at the beginning of my 7th house, at first it was transiting the last part of the 3rd house and then it came into 4th house. That's where I think the luck with family comes in, because before that I was only making "short" trips (well, within the country).

Anyone else want to share their Jupiter square Jupiter transits?

All depends on how your Jupiter is aspected natally as to whether you will have a good or bad time with things :whistling: It all fitted in your 3rd house lots of short distance trips. But we are a sum of 'all' the prevailing heavy weight planets, not just jolly jupiter unfortunately....

My Jupiter is in 8th natally and I don't usually have a problem getting others to share their resources, finances. Plus you know what they say about 8th :sleeping: house matters....

Lin

Jupiter square Jupiter is usually known for making poor judgements, so I would guess that while Jupiter was square it's own place, there were also some trines and sextiles operating in similar areas which protected you from said poor decisions.
JUpiter sextiles are usually known for good decision making, and Jupiter trines are known for good things "falling into your lap."

But of course, whatever caused your wonderful experiences, just thank heaven and enjoy.
LIN

noideaaboutastro

Jupiter square Jupiter is usually known for making poor judgements, so I would guess that while Jupiter was square it's own place, there were also some trines and sextiles operating in similar areas which protected you from said poor decisions.
JUpiter sextiles are usually known for good decision making, and Jupiter trines are known for good things "falling into your lap."

But of course, whatever caused your wonderful experiences, just thank heaven and enjoy.
LIN

Hello Lin. I didn't have any Jupiter trines or sextiles that I'm aware of at the time. From what I know of Jupiter square Jupiter though - it is all about keeping a cool head even if you don't want to. So more like all the opportunity is there but some of it is bad opportunity - and to go in cautiously to things. I think I did that which is why I think it's payed off.

Also I think it also has to do how Jupiter is placed in your natal chart. I've attached my natal chart if you want to have a look.

Attachments

• natal chart.gif
    natal chart.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 48

Lin

Actually I meant other positive transits (to any of your other planets) while Jupiter was square Jupiter. One aspect has been the long lasting trine from Neptune and now Jupiter, both in Aquarius, to your Mercury....which also rules your 8th house.

These aspects last a long time, so you have to read the transits of Venus and Mars during ALL the time Jupiter was transitting in square to your natal Jupiter.
LIN

Inside Out Orange

All depends on how your Jupiter is aspected natally as to whether you will have a good or bad time with things :whistling:

Just what I was thinking!

I don't much like the position of my natal Jupiter in the 7th house (though I don't much have a choice). It's conjunct with Neptune which means I'm expecting someone really ideal who can teach me stuff in life. But those planets square my Sun/Moon/Venus which generally means I find people with their Sun near my Jupiter are really difficult to understand or be on the same wavelength as.

Early next year I get both Jupiter&Neptune squaring my natal Jupiter and in the process they oppose my natal Sun/Moon/Venus. Generally I'm not expecting it to be overly pleasant.

Bir Singh Khari

TO
Noideaaboutastro
When natal's jupitar occupies the house of journies (7th) .Then the transit of jupiter in a movable sign (10th) and in 3rd house (the house of small journies) makes the native to get separated from his home . If native's 1st lord also occupise movable sign in birth chart then during its transit in a movable sign journies are unavoidable.

Inside Out Orange

Jupiter's a funny planet. Traditionally it's the better benefic for folks born in the daytime, whilst Venus is more benefic for night births

I've never noticed anything happening when Jupiter is conjunct any of my planets or angles. It just seems to have no effect. Pluto is always noticeable and I think Saturn too.

I'm a night time birth so I'll keep my eye on Venus, which is also my chart ruler. I've never really tracked the transits of Venus because they're so shortlived.

I've had Venus, Mercury and Sun right on my midheaven this week (13Cap) and I've been pretty focused at work. That said, it's interesting this thread got resurrected today because Jupiter is pretty much exactly square itself and opposition my Sun.

Edit: actually I did notice the effects of Jupiter at this position when it first hit 27Aq last June along with Neptune at 26Aq. It was when I got my job.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Jupiter square Jupiter is usually known for making poor judgements

I'm not certain of the accepted orb for this aspect, or the importance of said planet being in the correct sign so as not to make an out-of-sign aspect, but I think I'm beginning to feel its impact.

Natally, my Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini and occupies the second house using the Placidus system, within five degrees of the third house cusp. It forms a tight sextile aspect to my natal Moon, and thus, also sextiles my Ascendant. This may be inconsequential, but my natal Jupiter also forms a perfect square to my nodes.

Lately, I've been more of a spendthrift than I'm accustomed; it feels as if this Jupiter transit has muffled the cries of my natal Saturn in Capricorn square aspects, and thus, enabled my Aries stellium to make more impulsive purchases. This behavior is not completely out of control, and it has not permeated all purchases. Strangely enough, it's all centered around a certain product, of which I cannot seem to get enough. I really hope the "addiction" subdides, but Jupiter is not exactly known for holding back. :unsure:

On a lighter note, I'm also beginning to research organizations with which to volunteer--and befitting my natal Jupiter placement, one of these is a literacy organization. I've read lots of self-help books, and I am seeking to improve multiple facets of myself and my life. Overall, I feel optimistic about the future.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

I'm not certain of the accepted orb for this aspect, or the importance of said planet being in the correct sign so as not to make an out-of-sign aspect, but I think I'm beginning to feel its impact.

I didn't think transits had orbs. Admittedly they're not always exact and more likely to be triggered by timings of transits by the inner planets.

On a lighter note, I'm also beginning to research organizations with which to volunteer--and befitting my natal Jupiter placement, one of these is a literacy organization. I've read lots of self-help books, and I am seeking to improve multiple facets of myself and my life. Overall, I feel optimistic about the future.

Sounds very good. My Jupiter/Neptune transits have led me to working for a national not-for-profit.

Inside Out Orange

Having just had the Jupiter square transit complete its journey over the natal planets, I suddenly had insight that I've become very egocentric, self-centred or self-obsessed (not exactly sure what the right term is).

I think that I do always take time to ask other people how they are and help them out, yet mostly I have a suspicion that I'm rather focused on doing my own thing.

Also I seem to have gone into a makeover month ... I've lost my appetite for alcohol (without even wanting to) ... I've become a careful eater ... I'm out running most days ... I'm reading a lot of self-help and practicing confidence exercises ...

I love my Jupiter aspects, in 8th house of 'other people's money' --- great for loans, partners sharing finances, inheritances. I can usually get any money when T Jupiter is going through 8th house ---- so noidea -- has it been going through you 8th to be so benefic?

sethi

Hello Lin. I didn't have any Jupiter trines or sextiles that I'm aware of at the time. From what I know of Jupiter square Jupiter though - it is all about keeping a cool head even if you don't want to. So more like all the opportunity is there but some of it is bad opportunity - and to go in cautiously to things. I think I did that which is why I think it's payed off.

Also I think it also has to do how Jupiter is placed in your natal chart. I've attached my natal chart if you want to have a look.

HELLO

Your chart shows that you will have a partner with a good background. venus is also offering lots of things

bye for now

sethi
________
Mercedes-benz 600 history

Last edited:

Claire19

All depends on how your Jupiter is aspected natally as to whether you will have a good or bad time with things :whistling: It all fitted in your 3rd house lots of short distance trips. But we are a sum of 'all' the prevailing heavy weight planets, not just jolly jupiter unfortunately....

My Jupiter is in 8th natally and I don't usually have a problem getting others to share their resources, finances. Plus you know what they say about 8th :sleeping: house matters....
I have Jupiter in the 8th well aspected and yes I know to what you are referring having Venus and Mars also there.:happy:

However I think with the travel opportunities there has to have been 9th house influences and perhaps other aspects with Jupiter. The square is not conducive to luck really. The third deals more with local and short distance travel I agree. If Jupiter is there then overseas jaunts around the region.

Claire19

I love my Jupiter aspects, in 8th house of 'other people's money' --- great for loans, partners sharing finances, inheritances. I can usually get any money when T Jupiter is going through 8th house ---- so noidea -- has it been going through you 8th to be so benefic?
I hear you. I have inherited from family with a trine from the 8th to the 4th.
I have no debts either and prefer to give money to those rather than lend it.
If I ever needed to claim on my insurance I am sure I would have no trouble either. By the same token I have provided generously with an insurance policy for my funeral plans and my family will benefit from that....especially if I die accidentally. SO it works both ways,.

gemini59

noideaaboutastro, it looks like your jupiter is in a grand earth trine which a square will awaken.
I would be curious about tiiming too for you. I see that Jupiter opposes Pluto at 10 degrees thus your experiences with jupiter closer to the 10 degrees mark versus the 17 degree mark may be interesting to note particularly if awakened by the moon or sun or mars transit.
I have been having a jupiter square jupiter at the 24th degree. Natal Jupiter is in the 8th in Scorpio. and Jupiter was transiting 11th house. We know that Neptune has been close to jupiter at this time. Jupiter sextiles the moon but inconjuncts my sun.
My mother helped me a great deal this year. (sextile moon) when we cleaned her home giving me things she need to get rid of...my poor tv went and she had one to replace...same thing with my hard drive for my computer.
My health has suffered with two surgeries this year..one for skin cancer and the other for hernias (two each no less and the sun is in Gemini)...Jupiter in 8th=surgeries? maybe so
I had to replace a furnace too, my cars radiator went, it sort of goes on and on..
thus jupiter square jupiter (with neptune close by its side) gave me good and bad.
I read to watch my fortune, that money would be challenged, that I would be tempted to overspend or extra expenses would come up...quite true, quite true.
I am hoping that now that jupiter has passed the 24 degree things will improve.