Abnormal, intense reaction to abandonment

Zarathu

Account Closed
p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; } This is a modification of the original post.

I think that we have covered enough at this point on the strictly mentally oriented sets of current challenges and

we should switch to looking at those that more impact your limbic system---that is, your feelings.

Again, we are NOT LOOKING AT YOUR NATAL CHART HERE, WE ARE LOOKING AT YOUR TERTIARY PROGRESSED RETURN CHART.

To do this we look generally:

1. at the houses that are going to be supportive for you, and the houses that are are going to be stressful. This would be stuff that has been active for the past 6 months increasingly and will continue for the next six months gradually morphing into the issue of the chart of 9-14-2015.

2. at the Planetary energies which are supportive, and those which are more of a pain

3. at specific aspect relationships that could be a special area to address.

First: Issues relating to the 6th house and the 2nd house are likely to be emotionally frustrating for you

The sixth house involves VOLUNTARY SERVICE, HABITS, NON -LIFE-THREATENING SICKNESS, DISTRESS, Work that is not a career

The second house involves THE FUTURE, TOMORROW, YOUR SPECIAL TALENTS, HEREDITY, ANCESTRY, YOUR OWN MONEY, YOUR OWN WEALTH, YOUR POSSESSIONS,
SELF PROTECTION, SECURITY, BONDS, PERSONAL INVESMENTS

The stuff of these houses are likely to be thing things that are impacting you emotionally. This means that you will tend to be come emotionally over the top compared to normal circumstances when these issues are involved. Its not like you cannot control it, it just that you will need to think ahead of time when these areas of life are involved, so that they don't blind side you and send you into an emotional spiral.

Issues of the 5th house of creativity and romance will tell to be supportive and easier to deal with emotionally. I am not telling you that you will have a romance, only that creativity will allow you a way to deal with the emotional issues of the 6th house.

Further the stuff of the 5th house includes CREATIVITY, CHILDREN, PREGNANCY, LOVE AFFAIRS, ENTERTAINMENT, SPECULATION, GAMBLING, COMMUNITY PROPERTY

Second,

Saturn and the ASC are both very high friction, and very powerful in the emotional issues for you for this period.

Saturn represents DISCIPLINE, CAUTION, PATIENCE, PRUDENCE, THRIFT,
dealing with LIMITATION, BURDENS and LESSONS, earning SUCCESS, PESSIMISM, NARROW-
MINDEDNESS, DOUBTS, and SHORT-SIGHTEDNESS. You may find that you are locked into more caution than you want, forced to discipline yourself. But remember that Saturn can also be your Guardian Angel. If Saturn is giving you excessive discipline, burdens and lessons, this is for a good reason. Rather than fighting against this, put your self into it and jump whole hog into planning for the future, dealing with the limitations, and finding ways around them. Use the caution and patience that Saturn is providing rather than fighting against it.

But you are also supported by the energies of Jupiter and Venus, which are almost a balance to the stern Saturn discipline. But remember a strong Jupiter can also expand anything he touches, so he could also expand Saturn. But it will be in a good way. Its sort of like having the wicked fairy give you a nasty emotional shock, and then having the good fairy come along and help you see silver linings in everything.

Also, Mercury is Out of bounds in this chart, but Mercury is very low in power, so it will not build recurring emotional issues like it might if it was powerful.

Mercury out of bounds will tends to augment your mental thinking.

Finally,

The most difficult aspects are Mars and the Sun Opposite the ASC. Remember that an opposition in classical astrology is a push pull event that is considered not able to be solved. But in modern astrology it is something that can be solved but that you have to make a change of consciousness to do it. Additionally, they have what is called a “glass ceiling” which mean that you don't know they are there until you bump up against them or you know about astrology. So for many people their oppositions don't get addressed because they know something is wrong but they cannot find out what it is. Looking at the midpoint picture will give you some idea of how this is solved.

In this we must first look at the Mars Sun conjunction with is very very powerful, and slightly friction producing. This means that the issues of it and the energy that produces it cause an immediate reaction in your life and that you have to be careful with it since it can very easily cause strife with the people and things of your environment. Typically a Mars Sun conjunction in this temporary chart indicated the following concerns. There is the potential for high level explosive emotional conflicts. You may find yourself thinking you can stand up to anyone and that you should stand up for yourself. However, in using the energies in this way you may find that you end up in heated arguments and fights. You need to remember that you don't have to defeat others just to maintain yourself. Make use of the caution that Saturn is providing you, and don't let the powerful energies of Jupiter augment your potential explosive Mars/Sun Conjunction.

This conjunction also gives you a boost of energy, often of the physical kind. You can work hared and long. So you need to use it for positive gains not for negative.

Looking at the opposition, you have to realize that all the planets and points in it are powerful and that all of them are very high friction. Mars is slightly high friction(actually the highest friction in this chart) than the Sun, and slightly higher power than the Sun so Mars is the primary in this opposition.

The opposition provides a huge boost to the potential to emotional conflicts provided by the conjunction of mars with the Sun. But the boost is in the way that not only do you want to stand up for yourself, but that you find that others seem to want to oppose YOU on anything you want, especially if you allow your emotiona to get involved. Since this is a tertiary chart on the limbic system, the key here first of all is to avoid like ebola any responses to others using feelings(angry, happy, sad, mad, etc). You must attempt to function like Mr. Spock on Star Trek, or Mr. Data without the emotion chip. Any use of emotion in your conflicts may turn everything into a conflagration.

Additionally, you may find that the conflicts are often between your belief that you need to assert yourself, and at the same time build your relationship. The problem is that in this case you have to choose. You can't have your cake and eat it in this case.

If you ant to maintain the relationship you will need to pick your battles, and most of the time back off. If you back off, and let the other person take the lead, then you will find(again keeping your emotions out of it) that you can actually develop a cooperative scenario. But you will have to be secondary, not primary during the period of this progressed aspecting

While you have a lot of energy, you can also over do it, and that high friction 6th house can lead you into an emotional exhaustion, which could(if you ignore the need for caution and allow your emotional system to go out of control) lead to illness, nervous or physical or both.

Last edited:

laurelin

First: Issues relating to the 6th house and the 2nd house are likely to be emotionally frustrating for you
The sixth house involves VOLUNTARY SERVICE, HABITS, NON -LIFE-THREATENING SICKNESS, DISTRESS, Work that is not a career
The second house involves THE FUTURE, TOMORROW, YOUR SPECIAL TALENTS, HEREDITY, ANCESTRY, YOUR OWN MONEY, YOUR OWN WEALTH, YOUR POSSESSIONS,
SELF PROTECTION, SECURITY, BONDS, PERSONAL INVESMENTS

The stuff of these houses are likely to be thing things that are impacting you emotionally. This means that you will tend to be come emotionally over the top compared to normal circumstances when these issues are involved. Its not like you cannot control it, it just that you will need to think ahead of time when these areas of life are involved, so that they don't blind side you and send you into an emotional spiral.
From the list of 6th house possibilities, I’d guess that the most stressful components are habits and distress and, possibly, the non life-threatening sickness as much as it pertains to bipolar disorder (though I don’t really think of it as a sickness).
The things of the 2nd house have always been a source of stress for me, so that’s really no surprise.
The issues of these houses, however, don’t often blind side me. I’m usually well-aware of the continuing stress and pitfalls. The problem, particularly with the 2nd house things, is that I can’t seem to motivate myself to take care of them. I’m sort of like a deer in headlights. I can see the car coming half a mile away, but I just stand there and stare at it until it runs me over. When I was married, I had very few problems managing money and sticking to a budget and keeping records (as long as my husband was doing the hard stuff like actually paying the bills and making deposits – two things I am loathe to do for some reason). Single, I’m ridiculously impaired.
Issues of the 5th house of creativity and romance will tell to be supportive and easier to deal with emotionally. I am not telling you that you will have a romance, only that creativity will allow you a way to deal with the emotional issues of the 6th house.

Usually does – especially lately, though I do stay away from gambling and pregnancy is not an option. 
Further the stuff of the 5th house includes CREATIVITY, CHILDREN, PREGNANCY, LOVE AFFAIRS, ENTERTAINMENT, SPECULATION, GAMBLING, COMMUNITY PROPERTY
Second, Saturn and the ASC are both very high friction, and very powerful in the emotional issues for you for this period.
Saturn represents DISCIPLINE, CAUTION, PATIENCE, PRUDENCE, THRIFT, dealing with LIMITATION, BURDENS and LESSONS, earning SUCCESS, PESSIMISM, NARROW-MINDEDNESS, DOUBTS, and SHORT-SIGHTEDNESS. You may find that you are locked into more caution than you want, forced to discipline yourself. But remember that Saturn can also be your Guardian Angel. If Saturn is giving you excessive discipline, burdens and lessons, this is for a good reason. Rather than fighting against this, put your self into it and jump whole hog into planning for the future, dealing with the limitations, and finding ways around them. Use the caution and patience that Saturn is providing rather than fighting against it.

Oh! Saturn is where I get my predilection for thrift! Excellent  I have noticed a lot more caution, of late. It’s very rare for me to seriously consider leaving a relationship (which has happened a lot recently) or express real doubt – pessimism, yes, but doubt is fairly rare. Often, during these “doubting” times, I wonder if the unease is really my own fear of commitment, disguising itself. When I actually think about it, I don’t doubt my significant other as much as I doubt myself and my ability to grow and change.

But you are also supported by the energies of Jupiter and Venus, which are almost a balance to the stern Saturn discipline. But remember a strong Jupiter can also expand anything he touches, so he could also expand Saturn. But it will be in a good way. Its sort of like having the wicked fairy give you a nasty emotional shock, and then having the good fairy come along and help you see silver linings in everything.

I understand the ‘silver linings’ principle quite well. I enjoy discovering them. 
Also, Mercury is Out of bounds in this chart, but Mercury is very low in power, so it will not build recurring emotional issues like it might if it was powerful.
Mercury out of bounds will tends to augment your mental thinking.

I’ve read about this and, from what I discern, it can either make you very intense or very out-of-the-box and unique. Good to know it’s rather low in power.
Typically a Mars Sun conjunction in this temporary chart indicated the following concerns. There is the potential for high level explosive emotional conflicts. You may find yourself thinking you can stand up to anyone and that you should stand up for yourself. However, in using the energies in this way you may find that you end up in heated arguments and fights. You need to remember that you don't have to defeat others just to maintain yourself. Make use of the caution that Saturn is providing you, and don't let the powerful energies of Jupiter augment your potential explosive Mars/Sun Conjunction.

This is definitely quite true, of late. Things get heated so fast, I usually don’t know why or what I’ve done to make them that way. The thing is, it’s not me who gets heated. I stay relatively calm and collected. It’s whoever I’m talking to who gets defensive and combative. I do have to remind myself, quite often, to stop trying to “win” because there’s simply no point.
This conjunction also gives you a boost of energy, often of the physical kind. You can work hard and long. So you need to use it for positive gains not for negative.

Haven’t seen this manifest itself, yet. I have very little motivation for work (career work, not daily stuff) and it’s actually a little concerning.
Looking at the opposition, you have to realize that all the planets and points in it are powerful and that all of them are very high friction. Mars is slightly high friction(actually the highest friction in this chart) than the Sun, and slightly higher power than the Sun so Mars is the primary in this opposition.
The opposition provides a huge boost to the potential to emotional conflicts provided by the conjunction of mars with the Sun. But the boost is in the way that not only do you want to stand up for yourself, but that you find that others seem to want to oppose YOU on anything you want, especially if you allow your emotions to get involved. Since this is a tertiary chart on the limbic system, the key here first of all is to avoid like ebola any responses to others using feelings(angry, happy, sad, mad, etc). You must attempt to function like Mr. Spock on Star Trek, or Mr. Data without the emotion chip. Any use of emotion in your conflicts may turn everything into a conflagration.

Holy moly is this true. And I agree: going Spock helps tremendously.

Additionally, you may find that the conflicts are often between your belief that you need to assert yourself, and at the same time build your relationship. The problem is that in this case you have to choose. You can't have your cake and eat it in this case.
If you want to maintain the relationship you will need to pick your battles, and most of the time back off. If you back off, and let the other person take the lead, then you will find(again keeping your emotions out of it) that you can actually develop a cooperative scenario. But you will have to be secondary, not primary during the period of this progressed aspecting.

Yes, I’ve discovered this and I find that relaying as much as I can (in a way that doesn’t blame or put words in anyone’s mouth) and then letting it go is the best possible approach. Ultimately, I value the relationship more than I do the argument so if I’m heard, that’s good enough for me.
While you have a lot of energy, you can also over do it, and that high friction 6th house can lead you into an emotional exhaustion, which could(if you ignore the need for caution and allow your emotional system to go out of control) lead to illness, nervous or physical or both.

Well, that’s not so foreign a concept to me.  I think I’ve been taking fairly adequate steps at avoiding such a situation, though.

So, what does this all have to do with my original question? How does it tie in? I don’t know that I’m giving any information that is useful from these “current” charts (that are actually over 2 months old now).

Zarathu

Account Closed
So, what does this all have to do with my original question? How does it tie in? I don’t know that I’m giving any information that is useful from these “current” charts (that are actually over 2 months old now).

These charts are not "OLD". They are much like a solar return chart and give a circumstance for an entire year.

As you your original question, we agreed that we were working on a full analysis of your whole chart, not just a quick answer to a question. If all you want is a quick answer to a question("...something in my chart that tells me what I need to do to stop having these intense reactions to break-ups?"), then there is no point in exploring your whole chart. You already got answers to your quick question.

Its your job to look at your whole chart and to the issues of the current yearly charts for emotions and cognition(that we have looked at so far) and put together how they affect the day to day events in your life. We don't call this "introspection" for nothing.

Last edited:

laurelin

Yes, obviously it's not called introspection for nothing. But, I don't feel like I'm going deep enough to call it introspection. I guess I'm looking for a common thread that ties these things together...not, necessarily, a solution.

miquar

This isn't intended to be contentious, but its worth noting that detail and depth are not the same thing. Deep self-enquiry requires an emptying of thoughts, opinions and information. Terrestrial and celestial rhythms arise out of the same emptiness - that's why astrology is valid. But using astrology to try to see deeply into life, rather than just accumulate ideas about life, is like trying to understand a river bed by looking across from one bank to the other.

The 'common thread' that links all the things together cannot be seen on any chart - its the very notion of separate selfhood that causes all the problems. Self-enquiry, done in the right spirit, leads quickly to a knowing that there is actually 'nobody home'. There is just life 'humaning' at a particular juncture of what we call space and time. We add the idea of 'me' and that is the root of all of our perceived problems.

miquar

This isn't meant to belittle the struggles you speak of Lauren, but asked about a common thread, and this thread is the illusion that there are any problems at all. Any less profound answers that you come up with using things like astrology, are not showing you the true common root of your experiences.

laurelin

Let me make sure I'm understanding what you're saying, here...you're saying that human/terrestrial problems are only problems when you don't factor in the celestial aspects of them. If you view problems as opportunities, hardship as challenges necessary to overcome, then your problems cease to be problems because your perspective is rooted in something higher and mightier than your human self. Consequently, astrology is a means of connecting with your higher self in order to understand what you're here to learn. The common thread, then, is the journey itself. The more I learn, the more introspection I gain, not into my human self, per se, but into my spiritual self and my higher purpose. This perspective will/should help to release my anxieties and my fervent need for control.

miquar

Hi Laurelin. The celestial aspect of a human experience is something that we can choose to think about after we have already made a more fundamental choice. This more fundamental choice is the decision to try to find a solution to some perceived problem.

But we don't need to believe the mind when it thinks, 'here is a problem' and when it then thinks, 'a solution to this problem must be thrashed out if I am to find peace.' My problem with astrology is that once the more fundamental decision has been taken, astrology provides a very grand and fascinating arena in which to do the thrashing out. So astrology can be a distraction which helps obscure the fact that we are better off not believing the mind.

Astrology isn't a means to connect to one's higher self - we connect to our true nature by letting go of everything. The mind instils in us the fervent need for control that you speak of, but if we try use a system such as astrology as a way of finding liberation from this need, then we have been duped by the mind, because we are just adding another layer of fervent controlling.

I'm not saying its wrong to use astrology of course - just that its no substitute for (and can easily become a hindrance to) recognition of the stillness that is our true nature.

What astrology can do is say something about the particular pattern of conditioning which our mind is feeding on, helping us to see through the compulsiveness which arises from it. The better we are able to see this, the more willing we are to trust the stillness.

This is where I'm at with it at the moment anyway. Others may have different takes on it.

kimbermoon

I am late to this post, but it is obvious that you have been given lots of valuable information here...if I might add one more thing:

I would suggest that the abandonment issue is connected to Neptune tripping up your Mercury and Sun; also the considerations of Uranus afflicting the Moon/Venus conjunct may well be involved as well. In view of the fact that you don't recall having been abandoned at any point in this life, it can still be blocked off in the memory. Here is what happened to me:
there was a time around the age of 6 or 7, that my parents got into a huge fight and mother walked out on us...she was gone for a short while but then came back again in a week or two. Later I forgot about the incident, since my mother remained involved with us unto her death.
My psyche blocked the memory of it, until later in life, shortly before she died. I was having grave difficulty with my own relationships, and then underwent hypno-therapy to address my stress issues connect to grief.
In relationships I was always having super dramatic reactions whenever anyone appeared to want to discard me and leave, and I really couldn't understand why. It went well beyond the reaction of my Cancer Sun [clinging and the need to belong]... After briefly discussing my difficulties to the therapist, I went into trance and suddenly felt an immense wave of emotion, with crying and my body shaking, even though no visions were coming to my mind.
Instead it was like sitting in an empty theatre waiting for a show to start but never did...it was just one very black screen in front of me. Due to the distress, the therapist quickly brought me back to consciousness, where I felt calm and stopped crying immediately, but I still could not connect my reaction to any original source and the therapist was at a loss.
By that time I was in an unstable relationship after my marriage had died a couple of years before. Several days later we had a terrible fight and he walked out on me...again my insecurities and fears got the better of me, initially and I cried some more. As I was attempting to defuse my reaction, sometime later I got a revelation that shocked me out of my distress, and I was suddenly remembering the memory of my mother leaving us, which had been locked away within my psyche all those years...the thing is that the psyche can easily fool us in terms of what we remember from the past; Neptune can allow the curtain to fall, so that we don't remember some of the worst memories we encounter from the past...in essence though it is only postponing the heartache, only to be revealed at some later time when we are not expecting it. Long story short, once I had identified the feelings attached, I was able to work through the fear and move on in due time.
With Uranus square the Moon [memories] and opposed to Chiron [need for healing] in your chart, it also rules over the 4th H. of the past, suggesting a potential theme of separation or disconnection in early childhood. Abandonment issues can still be retained in the memory, even if it was not a permanent situation and up til the age of 7 this fear is quite common for children, and it is easy to forget things that are not in our current frame of reference.
Psychological traumas or crisis are also associated with the 8th where Mars and Jupiter are afflicted by Pluto, and that is where the fear is hidden and needs to be resolved. I totally concur with your statement: “I'm almost wondering if I "block" each breakup and store it somewhere until the next one happens and that's why these episodes seem to get worse and worse as time goes on”; until you can address and resolve your inner conflicts, they will continue to arise again and again...

laurelin

I would suggest that the abandonment issue is connected to Neptune tripping up your Mercury and Sun; also the considerations of Uranus afflicting the Moon/Venus conjunct may well be involved as well. In view of the fact that you don't recall having been abandoned at any point in this life, it can still be blocked off in the memory.

I'm not completely opposed to this idea, though I'd hazard to guess that whatever it is was probably a gross misconception or a complete overreaction. When I was a kid, I was traumatized just being put into daycare for a couple hours when my mom had an appointment to go to. My little sister would be "in charge" because I couldn't handle any kind of separation. I was terrified of getting kidnapped, lost, left behind. There was no one emotional trauma that seemed to start this behavior, but it was not present before the age of 5. When I was 5, I got tripped up by my dog's leash as I was walking him across the street and I fell and got a concussion. It was after this injury that my personality changed and I went from being a delightful, social, carefree child to one who was anxious, moody, and terrified of everything.

Long story short, once I had identified the feelings attached, I was able to work through the fear and move on in due time.
Agreed and if I could recall where/when it all came from, I'd be doing that.

With Uranus square the Moon [memories] and opposed to Chiron [need for healing] in your chart, it also rules over the 4th H. of the past, suggesting a potential theme of separation or disconnection in early childhood. Abandonment issues can still be retained in the memory, even if it was not a permanent situation and up til the age of 7 this fear is quite common for children, and it is easy to forget things that are not in our current frame of reference.
Psychological traumas or crisis are also associated with the 8th where Mars and Jupiter are afflicted by Pluto, and that is where the fear is hidden and needs to be resolved. I totally concur with your statement: “I'm almost wondering if I "block" each breakup and store it somewhere until the next one happens and that's why these episodes seem to get worse and worse as time goes on”; until you can address and resolve your inner conflicts, they will continue to arise again and again...

Noted...but there doesn't seem to be much I can do unless I remember something that brings it all back.

Zarathu

Account Closed
The OP has asked for me to continue. But, IMO, the question was brought up that a common thread so far needs to be identified.

I'm wondering if, after the period of time that has elapsed, and the worthwhile additions of others such as Kimbermoon, whether any common thread relating to the original question is seen.

If no common thread is seen by the OP, I would be happy to make some suggestions. However, since this is very early in an extensive interpretation the common thread may not be yet visible. We shall see.