Should the Tropical Zodiac Include Astrological Ages?

david starling

I don't see any logical reason why there shouldn't be an Age-indicator that transits the tropical zodiac. Since there's one for the sidereal zodiac, there should be one for tropical as well. [IMO]

JUPITERASC

Anyone posting ON this thread should post an opinion regarding the thread topic. :biggrin:
which includes the following :smile:
Well, I'll describe how I arrived at a candidate for a tropical Ages method, and why I felt compelled to do it, in a new thread.

What I'm trying to understand on this one, is why nobody else bothered. Look at all the great thinkers and mystics, most of whom were and are tropicalists, who just automatically assumed that Ages were the sole province of the sidereal zodiac, without even exploring any other possibilities. Robert Hand and Robert Zoller for example. I think maybe they don't realize the Ages are the effect of Earth's wobble, and instead believe that they somehow beam down on us from the constellations. Even the sidereal Age-indicator is a function of Earth's tilt relative to the Sun. Why haven't they figured out that these are EARTH'S Ages?

JUPITERASC

Still waiting for your OWN opinion on this thread topic...:sleeping:
do enlighten us all with your own opinion
as to "why all those great thinkers and mystics of the past
somehow did not mention Tropical Ages"

Well, I'll describe how I arrived at a candidate for a tropical Ages method, and why I felt compelled to do it, in a new thread.

What I'm trying to understand on this one, is why nobody else bothered. Look at all the great thinkers and mystics, most of whom were and are tropicalists, who just automatically assumed that Ages were the sole province of the sidereal zodiac, without even exploring any other possibilities. Robert Hand and Robert Zoller for example. I think maybe they don't realize the Ages are the effect of Earth's wobble, and instead believe that they somehow beam down on us from the constellations. Even the sidereal Age-indicator is a function of Earth's tilt relative to the Sun. Why haven't they figured out that these are EARTH'S Ages?

Opal

Premium Member
Sorry, I am so having Mercury Rx issues. I keep trying, I will be back when I can figure it where the other thread is.

david starling

Sorry, I am so having Mercury Rx issues. I keep trying, I will be back when I can figure it where the other thread is.

There's a rather obvious lack of participatory interest in the topic. I haven't started the new thread yet, concerning the Voyage of Discovery. The Other Astrology section might be best.

Opal

Premium Member
There's a rather obvious lack of participatory interest in the topic. I haven't started the new thread yet, concerning the Voyage of Discovery. The Other Astrology section might be best.

I am interested. I think Ankar might be. Passiflora, sounds interested.
JupiterAsc, is interested, or he wouldn’t be here, testing your resolve.😄Moonkat and others might join in. David, you are an interesting guy who has a lot of support here, because you are nicer, than for instance, me😄

Why the reversed polarity for tropical? I agree with the theory of the next ring of ages beyond reversing, but as it is a different system would it not as tropical go clockwise then counter, over and over. Same as I think of sidereal.

Why is it in Capricorn now?

I prefer tropical for natal. So why not.

Last edited:

david starling

I am interested. I think Ankar might be. Passiflora, sounds interested.
JupiterAsc, is interested, or he wouldn’t be here, testing your resolve.😄Moonkat and others might join in. David, you are an interesting guy who has a lot of support here, because you are nicer, than for instance, me😄

Why the reversed polarity for tropical? I agree with the theory of the next ring of ages beyond reversing, but as it is a different system would it not as tropical go clockwise then counter, over and over. Same as I think of sidereal.

Why is it in Capricorn now?

I prefer tropical for natal. So why not.

Got a good start on it in the Other Astrology forum. "Voyage of Discovery..." I'll tighten it up next, including some rather annoying astronomical considerations.:wink: