Karmic Indicators

Hi, I'm currently being through some heavy karmic relationship. His venus conjunct my south node, so we had a past live connection. However, while going through our synastry, I realised that we had certain indicators of soul mates as well. I read some articles online saying soul mates relationship can be karmic but not all karmic relationship are soul mates. Any common indicators that indicate a karmic soul mates relationship? Thanks for the help! :happy:

AriesIntrovert

There are different definitions for the term soul mates but the most common one I have heard is that a soul mate is a soul with whom you have a contract with (contract made prior to incarnation) for the purpose of evolution.

This does not assure that the two of you will live "happily ever after" because the purpose of the relationship is to evolve which may mean the soul is there to be the catalyst for change within you and once that is achieved the contract would be fulfilled and the relationship may end.

(In the off chance you are using a definition of soul mate as the one person you will live happily ever after with--which may be overly idealistic--I would assume that for that level of extreme compatibility you would need to have near-perfect multiple tight harmonious aspect synastry... but even that wouldn't probably save any relationship from the need to work at it!)

Karmic relationships are similar to the above definition of soul mate relationships based on a past life need to balance karma. If you were a jerk to someone in a past life there may need to be karma balancing by them being a jerk to you in this life.

You are correct that the South Node (especially with synastry conjunctions) is the place to look for past life connections. A past life connection may or may not have karma involved or it may or may not be an indicator of a soul mate.

My father's Sun is conjunct my South Node by a tight orb. I know from extensive past life research (using past life regressions) that he is part of my "soul family" but I wouldn't call him my soul mate.

In general, if someone "feels" like a significant connection and there are Synastry aspects involving personal planets--with Sun and Moon being most significant--to nodes, or angles/outer planets there is probably a soul tie of some magnitude there.

marsScorp

Hi, I'm currently being through some heavy karmic relationship. His venus conjunct my south node, so we had a past live connection. However, while going through our synastry, I realised that we had certain indicators of soul mates as well. I read some articles online saying soul mates relationship can be karmic but not all karmic relationship are soul mates. Any common indicators that indicate a karmic soul mates relationship? Thanks for the help! :happy:

south node conjunct venus feels fated in the beginning however as soon as the karmic lesson has been learned the relationship fades it's not a hot and fiery connection more spiritual. it can be pursued but it's more a spiritual love connection. (based on Vedic astrology)

tisha83

I read a really good book about the karmic relationship from the British astrologer Judy Hall. In this book you will find many examples of karmic or soul mate relationship.
Personally I think that great significant are aspects in synastry between Saturn of one person and personal planet (Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars) of the other person. Generally, each aspect between transpersonal and personal planet in synastry is considered as a karmic one. It depends how many of them you get it in your synastry and what planets are in play. Also, aspects between Chiron, North or South Nodes with personal planets of other person significates strong karmic relations but it doesn ´t mean that this relationship will last for the whole life.

Somna7H

Banned
People says that I will have Karmic relationship.
I have SN Conjunct H13 in 8th.
But I never had any relationship yet.

192enoch

People says that I will have Karmic relationship.
I have SN Conjunct H13 in 8th.
But I never had any relationship yet.

Virtually all relationships are karmic. Having said that, a South node 8th house can be interesting but impossible to say how without first evaluatimg the overall theme of the chart.