List of all big cities in the world, their lattitude, longitude and timezone required

HoldOrFold

As some of you may know, I made an online midpoint calculator last year which calculates all your midpoints and aspects in one go. It's been doing quite well, ranking number 1 in Google for the term "astrology midpoint calculator".

Currently, I've been quite interested in relocational astrology, but I'm finding it a very tedious and time consuming process. The way it's done at the moment, you have to look at planetary lines on say astro.com, pick a place on a line, generate a chart for that place and then analyse it, only to find it has many qualities you don't like, so then you must rinse and repeat many times. Even if you spent half a year analyzing 200 relocation places and decided on a place, you may have missed 400 better places you didn't consider... not to mention spending a half a year on chart analysis.

So I'm about to start working on a new astrocartography program which will generate a list of cities best suited for an individual to relocate to.

It will do the following:
- Behind the scenes, it will generate an individual's relocated chart for each major city in the world
- Automatically analyse each chart and score points based on pre-set criteria (ascendant ruler condition, planets on angles, aspects to benefics/malefics, midpoint activation, POF etc.)
- Output a list of top cities for relocation ranked by their overall score in catagories e.g. Career, Relationships, Family etc. and show you those few golden places in the world which are generally the best regardless of catagory
- It will allow you to look at the charts and give a breakdown of the scores and rank

I'll be looking for beta-testers when it's ready if anyone would be interested when that time comes.

But for now it's in the design phase, and a critical thing I need to make it work is a list of all the major cities in the world and their lattitude, longitude and timezone, preferably in an excel spreadsheet format. I'd imagine there would be about 4000+ cities. So if anyone knows where I could obtain such a list, or how to generate one, that would be awesome.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

As some of you may know, I made an online midpoint calculator last year which calculates all your midpoints and aspects in one go.
It's been doing quite well, ranking number 1 in Google for the term "astrology midpoint calculator".

Currently, I've been quite interested in relocational astrology, but I'm finding it a very tedious and time consuming process.
The way it's done at the moment, you have to look at planetary lines on say astro.com, pick a place on a line,
generate a chart for that place and then analyse it, only to find it has many qualities you don't like,
so then you must rinse and repeat many times.
Even if you spent half a year analyzing 200 relocation places and decided on a place,
you may have missed 400 better places you didn't consider...
not to mention spending a half a year on chart analysis.

So I'm about to start working on a new astrocartography program
which will generate a list of cities best suited for an individual to relocate to.

It will do the following:
- Behind the scenes, it will generate an individual's relocated chart for each major city in the world
- Automatically analyse each chart and score points based on pre-set criteria (ascendant ruler condition, planets on angles, aspects to benefics/malefics, midpoint activation, POF etc.)
- Output a list of top cities for relocation ranked by their overall score in catagories e.g. Career, Relationships, Family etc. and show you those few golden places in the world which are generally the best regardless of catagory
- It will allow you to look at the charts and give a breakdown of the scores and rank

I'll be looking for beta-testers when it's ready if anyone would be interested when that time comes.

But for now it's in the design phase,
and a critical thing I need to make it work is a list of all the major cities in the world and their lattitude, longitude and timezone,
preferably in an excel spreadsheet format. I'd imagine there would be about 4000+ cities.
So if anyone knows where I could obtain such a list, or how to generate one, that would be awesome.
Countries, Capitals, Latitude and Longitude Table http://www.csgnetwork.com/llinfotable.html :smile:

waybread

The back section of a large world atlas, called a gazetteer, should have this information. Hopefully you can find a world gazetteer on-line.