Lets talk about Karma

JUPITERASC

0a24bb40-b62c-0133-b37b-0e438b3b98d1.png

morgthm

I'm all for air feeling just like air, me.
Just try to do the right thing and people leave you alone for it
Just keep the water for your woman and hope you'll be left to think as much good or neutral as you feel like 🤗

JUPITERASC

"Karma means action :smile:

"Bad" actions are defined as
the ones which condition the mind in a negative way,
causing twofold damage:
one the natural situational backfire due to cause-and effect
and
the other the character modifications that they trigger
… these are called establishing the evils of suffering and harmful tendencies."
Chamgon Kenting Tai Situ Rinpoche
From the Book "Tilopa" ISBN 090618110-0

64668724_10157245715028498_7677093723355742208_n.jpg

morgthm

Consciousness definitely isn't something that you want to be pulled around by people. It's clear before you can foresee it happening and something that most people probably inherently feel is right.
Still building ideas around it even before it happens definitely appropriate
Force comes from Infront, and in terms of spirituality it should really come from a lack of activity in blind areas.
Corruption of energies really should be done at a minimum outside of the self

Last edited:

morgthm

If suffering is continuous the the quarantine of more divided intentions shouldn't be ignored.
Obviously you gravitate towards whatever version of yourself you like the most and draw from the others only what you need to.
If you consider that different ideas can cause different self's then you could start to curtail negative consequences of your actions

JUPITERASC

Buddhist Logic :smile:

There are many aspects to Buddhist logic
but the following is the main point;
the continuation of material things
and
the continuation of consciousness
are something separate.
Because
the continuation of consciousness is understood through the experience and awareness
that there is clarity in our mind,
it is not something you can actually see,
or experiment with from the outside.
Because in this century people are much more materialistic
it is very difficult to demonstrate to them
this fact of the mind’s continuum,
for them to understand the fact of the mind continuing.
17th Karmapa
source: http://livingthedharma.eu/buddhist-logic/

66481017_10157449627729711_4613134178320384_n.jpg

Blaze

Account Closed
Gita mentioned "Karmaless Karma" in certain verses (not in those exact words), from memory. The first time I read that, I laughed. :lol:

JUPITERASC

Gita mentioned "Karmaless Karma" in certain verses

(not in those exact words), from memory.

The first time I read that, I laughed. :lol:

Nowhere,

not in the air,

not in the middle of the sea,

not in the innermost of the mountains,

can you escape the consequences of your evil deeds.

Dhammapada Buddhist scripture :smile:

67695605_2463765090350583_2013588265885499392_o.jpg

morgthm

Nowhere,

not in the air,

not in the middle of the sea,

not in the innermost of the mountains,

can you escape the consequences of your evil deeds.

Dhammapada Buddhist scripture :smile:

Try being born snake in a Christian country...
Not to mention traveling to countries with communist Buddhism.
I'm sure I must have done something really evil along the way and have just been made to forget it

morgthm

It's easy enough to understand how your own personality will interact with a situation and naturally you should feel a sense of responsibility over things that are under your possible control.
Too much planning obviously can force a situation and limit responsibility just as much as an excess of wires from the external
It wouldn't matter to someone's sense of self if they were to be pushed to a limit by people seeking absolutist control over a situation. people always can be justifiably in control of their own energy

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
This is what Krishna (Vishnu) meant with the whole "Karma-less Karma" thing I mentioned above,

951411250.jpg

Gita is a really good read. Was more enlightening than some other "holy" books I read. Also, I don't see Gita as "holy" either. :lol:

Cold Fusion

This is what Krishna (Vishnu) meant with the whole "Karma-less Karma" thing I mentioned above,

951411250.jpg

Gita is a really good read. Was more enlightening than some other "holy" books I read. Also, I don't see Gita as "holy" either. :lol:

So free the consequences of their own actions?

Blaze

Account Closed
So free the consequences of their own actions?

I missed this question, forgive me, I am readily forgetful at times. :lol:

Answer: No, if one jumps into a pool of water, they will get wet. The only thing Gita means by "Karmaless Karma" is "Action, without self-interest." When we devote ourselves to acting without any self-interest, without the "motivation" people often prescribe to their actions, wickedness cannot exist an one becomes free of the cycle of Karma (which means Action).

Now, before we assume this means its okay to do horrible things, no, wickedness comes from a purely self-interested stance. The lesson here is to act without that self-interested mind, to devote oneself to the other - no harming others.

Hopefully that answers the question. If you'd like to read about it, I'd recommend reading: Bhakti Yoga written by Edwin Bryant. Very accessible to anyone unfamiliar with Gita or any eastern thought. :smile:

Cold Fusion

I missed this question, forgive me, I am readily forgetful at times. :lol:

Answer: No, if one jumps into a pool of water, they will get wet. The only thing Gita means by "Karmaless Karma" is "Action, without self-interest." When we devote ourselves to acting without any self-interest, without the "motivation" people often prescribe to their actions, wickedness cannot exist an one becomes free of the cycle of Karma (which means Action).

Now, before we assume this means its okay to do horrible things, no, wickedness comes from a purely self-interested stance. The lesson here is to act without that self-interested mind, to devote oneself to the other - no harming others.

Hopefully that answers the question. If you'd like to read about it, I'd recommend reading: Bhakti Yoga written by Edwin Bryant. Very accessible to anyone unfamiliar with Gita or any eastern thought. :smile:

I tend to think of it more like this:

images