North Nodes

• Thread starter another kat in the world
  • Start date

R4VEN

So if one's north node is in the 10th house, does that mean that one's career will play an important role in fulfilling one's karma in this life?
Not necessarily.

As I read it, aa North Node 10th house means you have South Node in 4th, so that is your comfort zone - home, family, the familiar, people you know, your family surrounding you.

A 10th house MNN demands that you stand alone (Saturn rules the 10th house), be responsible for yourself, stand up for what you believe in - even if it goes against what others close to you believe. If this means pursuing a career which only you can understand and believe in, then so be it. Your career may be important in your karma. But career is not the only 10th house issue. You may choose to go against your family's expectations of you, and this will be difficult for you. With Aries on your MNN, you will have the strength and ambition to pursue this - or you should.

marestar20

Not necessarily.

As I read it, aa North Node 10th house means you have South Node in 4th, so that is your comfort zone - home, family, the familiar, people you know, your family surrounding you.

A 10th house MNN demands that you stand alone (Saturn rules the 10th house), be responsible for yourself, stand up for what you believe in - even if it goes against what others close to you believe. If this means pursuing a career which only you can understand and believe in, then so be it. Your career may be important in your karma. But career is not the only 10th house issue. You may choose to go against your family's expectations of you, and this will be difficult for you. With Aries on your MNN, you will have the strength and ambition to pursue this - or you should.

That was extremely helpful, R4VEN, thank you. Very relevant for me right now.

Well in my own opinion the North Node is only a Proposal of the Karmic Mission in this life...I have my North Node in Aquarius, for instance, but i see it more as a kind of Invitation of the High spheres to our spirit evolution...Taurus is earth and so, for me the soul searches for a rest of past battles since its connected with Mother Nature and its misteries...u can check if you want the Ancient cult of the Sun God Mitra and the Bull symbol...

blacksun?

Here's a pretty good article on the nodes. The site contains more good articles.

http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/astroarticles/moonnodesatbirth.php :

North Node: Point of intake. Earth-nature is open to and receives the Moon's energies.

South node: Point of release. The results of the assimilation by the living earth-organism (or personality) of the Moon's energies are exteriorized, or (when negative)' are evacuated or repudiated.

Claire19

I'm sorry!! I'm not trying to hijack this thread but where can one find their north and south nodes on a chart? Thank you!
Yours is 10th house Aries and the South Node is always polar opposite so in Libra 4th. This time around you need to have a more public life and a career using your initiative and being assertive in reaching your goals.
You are used to being at home in the past and pleasing everyone else and
keeping the peace. You can be an authority figure and the one calling the shots. THe more traditional masculine role but more and more women are having careers and some power in the outside world.

I would advise reading Martin Schulman's book in the subject.

astro09

Just to add a little bit more to these interesting feedbacks here, there is a good potential to have succes in life when the nodes are angular....Hope this is your case..

I've been reading two of Jan Spiller's books lately. I am a little confused about one thing. What is the difference between node house placement and node sign. The way her book Astrology for the Soul is set up it says the sign or house placement at the start of each chapter (ex Aries or the First House). Then she talks about what our souls are supposed to achieve and move away from in this lifetime. I guess where my confusion is, what if you have a sign that is in the opposing house? For example, my girlfriend has a Pisces North Node in the sixth house. How can she be moving towards and away from Virgo's virtues at the same time? Thanks for any explanation you can give.

That is a good question. She touches on this on page 11. Here is what she said,
"If your North Node is in a house opposing the sign of your North Node(as noted above-Pisces NN in 6th House), it will be necessary for you to carefully and continuously check with yourself to find the right blending of behavior. Remember, generally the house indicates where to learn the lessons of the sign. The house is like a shell-the environment you need to support the content of the sign." Jan Spiller-Astrology for the Soul

soulblazer

I know I have north node in scorpio and I have read up on it. "not afraid to find the child inside the murderer" or something. I hope this doesn't sound silly but I have a need to heal or comfort people with their personal pain. I want to do it through art as one of the ways very strongly. I don't know if it's my chiron in aries though instead which I read: "You can open your wound and show it to the world and help others heal." SCAAAREY lol but it makes a bit of sense I guess from some uh... actions in the past. I can hardly see that little north node symbol in my chart but I think it is in the second house? This I find to be the most interesting thing. I'm a bit obsessed with the north node. >>

Ineta

From my personal chart: North node very connected with my parents. My neptune is conjunct mothers north node and my north node is tightly conjunct fathers Neptune/Venus conjunction.

Recently been to fortuneteller and she said I have to heal my fathers (and his fatherfathers) bad karma.

Claire19

I am not sure of how to interprate planets and points in cojunction with the south node, any pointers?
We need to look at the NN as it is the path this time around. The planets aspecting that tell us where we are going.. THe orb would be also be small, around 2-3 degrees only. THe success or not that we have in making that polar shift depends on the aspects to it and how we handle them.

INevitably when we go back to the familiarity of the SN then we find dissatisfaction and are then impelled to look at the opposite situation.
The wise thing is to incorporate our SN expertise into the NN experience this time around.

Claire19

From my personal chart: North node very connected with my parents. My neptune is conjunct mothers north node and my north node is tightly conjunct fathers Neptune/Venus conjunction.

Recently been to fortuneteller and she said I have to heal my fathers (and his fatherfathers) bad karma.

Very interesting. Before reincarnating you may have undertaken to deal with issues of healing this time around with and for your parents. A very high vocation indeed I would say. Your father probably has high ideals about love and can have been disillusioned as a result and hopefully didnt take solace in alcohol or drugs.

When we have nodal contacts with our parents it is a surefire indication of karmic connections from the past.

R4VEN

When we have nodal contacts with our parents it is a surefire indication of karmic connections from the past.
That's an interesting comment, Claire, and I have seen quite a bit of evidence to support this.
My next eldest brother was very aggressive/abusive towards me in childhood. He has almost never been aggressive towards anyone else in his life. I am currently trawling through the many `events' with him in my healing journey.

His MNN is conj my Cancer Moon in the 6th - only 14' separate the two. (His natal Uranus is also closely conj my Vertex, indicating a `fated' relationship.) There was a huge level of violence in his dealings with me; some was mental/emotional, but most was physical. He used to target me specifically, and then justify what he did as being `necessary'.

Claire19

My node has a T inside and it is a 0* taurus in the 4th house??? with absolutely no aspects!!!:crying::w00t: no other planets are in my 4th either. However my south is crowded with mars, moon and ol'neppie.

Can you all give me a clue as to what this would mean.
I have my NOrth node in 4th too. It means that we need to concentrate on our homes this around rather than our careers or public life. In Taurus you need to buy or obtain your own property to feel secure. You can live on a farm, grow your own produce and generally be in touch with nature. Your 10th has Neptune, Mars and Moon??/ Wow. You probably have some kind of goals there. However you can work from home for instance. Does the SN touch any of these planets??? That would give a fuller picture of your past circumstances. You may find deception and confusion with dealing with authority figures and with parental issues too. THere is some kind of mystery there and I would suggest to do with your family. May be addictions too.

kbell

My north node is in my first house beside my ascendant next to Neptune and Mars. South node is in the 7th house with my moon. Does this mean I will have karmic relationships and that I need to focus on myself in this life?

kaminari

My north node is in my first house beside my ascendant next to Neptune and Mars. South node is in the 7th house with my moon. Does this mean I will have karmic relationships and that I need to focus on myself in this life?

I have N. node in the 1st too, & recently an ex of mine came back into my life after a broken engagement & I pulled up her chart & she has the 1st house placement as well.

I think this is a difficult placement, at least for me. My sign position is 0 Pisces. Water & fire don't mix. But I've found that rewards come when I am selfish, focused on my needs etc. Relationships are karmic. It's hard to break away from these people.

I decided to give up on love, at least the co-dependent kind I know well. If you find yourself in a co-dependent trap, escape. It's the best thing you can do for yourself.

Check this out:

http://raginguniverse.blogspot.com/2007/04/north-node-in-aries-or-first-house.html

Also, look at your chart & see how you are getting pulled or held back from the n. node. It's quite interesting what I see in mine.

kbell

I find it incredibly difficult to break away, as well, from those karmic relationships. I have a deep rooted fear of being alone and I'm working on that. I am not constantly in romantic relationships, but I surround myself with unhealthy relationships. I know this life has a lesson for me to be more independent and stand on my own two feet. It just seems terribly lonely. Btw mine is at 10 degrees Sagi conjunct Mars. I'm pretty fiery :)

Last edited:

kaminari

I find it incredibly difficult to break away, as well, from those karmic relationships. I have a deep rooted fear of being alone and I'm working on that. I am not constantly in romantic relationships, but I surround myself with unhealthy relationships. I know this life has a lesson for me to be more independent and stand on my own two feet. It just seems terribly lonely. Btw mine is at 10 degrees Sagi conjunct Mars. I'm pretty fiery :)

That means the South is at 10 Gemini. What's that like? Mine is at 0 Virgo. I get supercritical at my exes. It's cause I need to break away.

If your Mars is so close to the North & the Moon close to the South, that must make life interesting!! I have oppositions on the MC/IC but nothing in the Asc/Desc.

But don't be lonely. Life is good to be alone. I've started to attract people that admire my independence. Now that's a change. So refreshing, they love me for being free & honest/direct (1st house), though at times I'm still wishy-washy (Mars Libra).

Yeah, N. node Sag, with Mars!! there too, get out there & see the world!!

kbell

I haven't really thought too much about how it makes me. I have Neptune right with Mars and North node and they're all opposition my Moon in the 7th. I haven't thought too much about what that means, but I know it's not very good. I can be very charming, but then I can also be a bit overemotional, dramatic, the works. I have a hard time sustaining a relationship. I am kind of fun, innocent, always thinking, etc. I drive the men in my life nuts, though I guess, even though they love me. I want to break out of this cycle, though, and actually hope to one day be able to have something positive with someone. I'm not getting any younger lol

Last edited: