Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

My problem isn't the plausibility or elegance of a theory/explanation. But what works in chart reading. So I'd want to see it demonstrated sufficiently before I become warmer to it.

I have a couple of placements at the end of signs and some at the beginning. It's difficult to parse if the blended influence comes from their positions at the cusps, or other placements in the chart augmenting them along similar lines.

It doesn't change much in Chart-reading. I'm more physically energetic than other Sun Pisceans I've observed, which I can attribute to a 28 degree cusp for my Sun. But, I still use Neptune as the ruler of my Sun-sign, not a mix of Neptune and Mars.
Same with the Age--as long as it's in Capricorn, the blending of Capricornian and Aquarian qualities doesn't change the Age rulership to include Uranian authority. Just that Saturn is becoming increasingly less "comfortable" in its Native-sign (aka "Domicle") Cap when it involves ruling the Age.

Last edited:

david starling

The overall resistance against the very concept of tropical Ages is amazingly enormous. I find myself enjoying the challenge, for some reason. I think Modernistic tropicalists are using the sidereal Ages to hold on to the constellations, at least in that one area.

conspiracy theorist

The book is called "Infernal Geometry and The Left Handed Path" by Toby Chappell. Based on what I'm gathering there is unlikely to be any astrology in it. But all it takes is an allusion or small reference to open up a potential line of inquiry.

What's the name of the book you're referring to, passiflora? It would interesting to know how the author defines RHP and why the force of Saturn is more aligned with those streams. The definition of LHP I quite like self-deification + antinomianism, and I could see how Saturn's traditional significations of law enforcer and ego undermining would result in RHP. Yet Saturn also has elements that would fit with LHP, and any philosophy or practitioner who has unabashedly taken inspiration from the motifs that surround Saturn have been LHP oriented.

conspiracy theorist

The problem wouldn't be getting here but shipping it back. Although it would be fun to have a physical copy of the grimoire. I just checked my usual places and it doesn't seem to have an easily retrievable internet version.

SunConjunctUranus

The book suggests it’s institutionalized in monotheism at least since Judaism. I’m not clear Christianity sheds any of that deeper value system just by rejecting astrology or any overt cues to the meaning...

Salam and peace be upon you,

I sometimes confused with you, passiflora, whether you're indeed practicing traditional astrology (specifically medieval astrology) or not. You see, traditional astrology implementing many divine art in its work, and the ancient Greeks believe this science was literally the truth or the wisdom, which is not for our current knowledge or technology. Just imagine, how can I believe Sun in Aquarius, which is cooling in the north but its 29°C in equator, moreover it's 31°C when the Sun in Leo. It's not true seriously. Why would someone make a certain magick talisman when one falsely thought he/she currently live in outside of the order of the sign.

I also found that the advancement of western society is because the law (Corpus Iuris Civilis) of the Christian Byzantine and Judeo tradition, thus creating a good and civilized society. If it (the orign of Judeo tradition) were happen around in Indonesia, we could the one who are in advanced society.

My friend, I'm a sinner my self, hence I try to ask for repentance whenever I have a time. Even when I learning about astrology, if i saw something bad in the future, I pray to holy Mary.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

It's lame, you say? I did a little reading up on the book. Authored by the now deceased Dr. Arthur Moros, initiate of Saturn for 30 years. Introduction penned by "Mr. Flowers" and if the same Mr. Flowers that I'm thinking I've only read quality material from him thus far. It's not his work though.

Sad to think that 30 years of dedication would result in such a lackluster love letter. Hopefully the second half of the book picks up.

david starling

The author is pseudonymous. Supposedly someone who sacrificed to Saturn, immediately had a crazy trip and healed rapidly and impossibly from a disastrous physical situation, and lived a life of scholarly comfort and privacy after years of initial privation. Then, supposedly, died a grim and it's implied Saturnine death in the end. I'm not doubting the 30 years of Saturnine practice. They probably are the realest thing about that story. The scholarship feels by turns insightful and sloppy. I think I mentioned to you before - looked up a passage from a historical religious book which by any even casual lay reading means the opposite of what Dr. Moros suggested. The sloppiness I recognize concerns assertions about the non-Western world; maybe western practitioners "wouldn't mind" what to me are rule-outs. Frustrating to say the least - obviously there are good nuggets in there, but which ones are the good ones?

It does look like there's at least 10-12 professors / academics in various liberal arts departments across the western world studying saturnine philosophy and practice under the guise of .. I forget who they say they're studying, but once you see the name it's easier to pick them out.

Is there a cult of Saturn that exists entirely apart from astrology? Also, any connections made between Saturn and Satan without considering the astrological description, "the Greater Malefic"? If so, what inspired the attraction?

Ukpoohbear

I love being a disgusting creepy little stalker with inferiority complexes up my ears making those 10´s puke by the sight of my ugly toe nails that stretches up my spine curling into my dirty hair.

Y

Do me a favour and write something a bit more aesthetically appealing, your imagery recently has been too much! Too much I say! This is your final warning! If you do not start behaving, I will have to call in the big boys! By that I mean I will get Lykanized to sort you out!

U

ynnest

Do me a favour and write something a bit more aesthetically appealing, your imagery recently has been too much! Too much I say! This is your final warning! If you do not start behaving, I will have to call in the big boys! By that I mean I will get Lykanized to sort you out!

U

Too much for your witch ghost by your side because she feels like my description is nagging on the truth about her too much?

I dont know for sure you know, I am just making a presumption here.

Y

ynnest

Too much for your witch ghost by your side because she feels like my description is nagging on the truth about her too much?

I dont know for sure you know, I am just making a presumption here.

Y

And if anyone want to make a distorted interpretation of my words in the sense that I was pointing at lykanized in my last post they are wrong.

Y

Ukpoohbear

And if anyone want to make a distorted interpretation of my words in the sense that I was pointing at lykanized in my last post they are wrong.

Y

You sound scared, old chap! I think you have Mercury in Scorpio natally and it is conjunct the transit as we speak! You’ve gone practically crazy! Crazy I say! You also sound scared of my friend! Haha!

U

conspiracy theorist

The author is pseudonymous. Supposedly someone who sacrificed to Saturn, immediately had a crazy trip and healed rapidly and impossibly from a disastrous physical situation, and lived a life of scholarly comfort and privacy after years of initial privation. Then, supposedly, died a grim and it's implied Saturnine death in the end. I'm not doubting the 30 years of Saturnine practice. They probably are the realest thing about that story. The scholarship feels by turns insightful and sloppy. I think I mentioned to you before - looked up a passage from a historical religious book which by any even casual lay reading means the opposite of what Dr. Moros suggested. The sloppiness I recognize concerns assertions about the non-Western world; maybe western practitioners "wouldn't mind" what to me are rule-outs. Frustrating to say the least - obviously there are good nuggets in there, but which ones are the good ones?

It does look like there's at least 10-12 professors / academics in various liberal arts departments across the western world studying saturnine philosophy and practice under the guise of .. I forget who they say they're studying, but once you see the name it's easier to pick them out.

I notice a few of these folks are big on self-mythologizing. LaVey is the most colourful example; apparently his influences heavily include various creatives/artists. There's a high level of attention paid to aesthetics in his philosophy, and he's had his effect on the current names in the "circuit". The author of the infernal geometry book paid his respects to Anton LaVey, Stephen E. Flowers and Michael Aquino.

At least there is some insight to be had from him, although to say that he's sloppy with the non-western world doesn't say much for well roundedness, and when the synopsis claims a good portion of the material focusing on those non-western elements, it sounds to me that there are more misses than hits. Just from my vantage point, his voice is valuable because of the heavy amount of experience he's had with the planetary force.

You've counted 10 to 12 distinct voices? Got anymore names?

Last edited:

david starling

The villain of Tolkien's Trilogy, Sauron, was clearly related to Saturn, rings and all. Fits the ruler of the tropical Age of Capricorn perfectly, including the lust for full control.

conspiracy theorist

I've never read his trilogy, maybe I should. Never watched the movies either. But I did read his chart delineation on skyscript, which I oddly can't go on at the moment. They did mention the influence of Saturn in his life so it may not be such a coincidence that it can be seen in his creation.

Funny yet not so funny coincidence. The book that I'm reading is about "9 angles", and the next topic I plan to look into is from Claudio Naranjo, a proponent of the enneagram which is also constellated around the number 9. I guess the significance of 9 is bubbling in my subconscious.

conspiracy theorist

I'm vaguely aware that you're pointing me down a path, but I actually wasn't addressing that whole conundrum. Apparently Wiligut is the "strongest" testament of an "honest to goodness occultist" during the reign of Nazi Germany. Allegedly a lot of the concepts of the SS occurred between himself and Himmler. Hitler wasn't so hot for occultism, giving such groups a hard time while he was in power.

As to the shortening of the story, are you speaking broadly or is it directed to me specifically?

Last edited: