PLEASE help! No idea what to do with my life

Hi everyone,
I have tried looking at my natal chart using both placidus and whole house and still I cannot see what it is telling me about my career.

My talent is writing, but this hasn't been fulfilling me the last few years and I seem to have lost my passion for it. I really would love to start a career and start making good money so I can move on with my life but I don't know which route to take.

I was perusing a career in journalism, presenting, media etc but lately I am feeling like I don't want to be stuck in an office although I am good at that sort of work (virgo sun) I still want the recognition and potential money and fame that could come with a media career (scorpio rising lol) and I do and don't want all the change it will bring (mutable sun, fixed rising, conflict!) I am now thinking about becoming an air hostess so I can make money whilst traveling the world. The only thing holding me back is my own fear of failure and slight lack of confidence in some areas.

Money and power is important to me I can't lie. I would not be happy with working for someone else for the rest of my life and it is important that I reach the top of my career or start a business but I don't seem to have the fire to make things happen although the ambition is there deep down. For that reason, I actually wish everyday that I was a cardinal sign or rising, as silly as that might sound.

I would really appreciate if you could take a look at my natal chart, paying special attention to the 2nd 6th and 10th houses and see if you can shed some light on my situation. It's really getting me down and I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Last edited:

daco

tell us the time you had clearly in mind this question for the first time and post it in the horary astrology section.
Ciao

Marinka

I few things that I'm seeing --

-The sign on the cusp of the 6th is Taurus. The 6th house indicates the daily type of common tasks associated with your work. With Taurus here, not likely that you would be out roughing it for your job, I'd think that you would want to be in a place that's comfortable with decent dining establishments around and other nice things to do. Getting value for your effort would also be important in whatever you choose. More important, Venus, the ruler of Taurus is in Leo residing in the 9th house. The Leo is going to want recognition and while you mention journalism, I'm more inclined to maybe think media or Public relations, because with writing, much of the work is done in isolation and that is not likely to be in your comfort zone. Venus is also in very close proximity to both Jupiter and Mercury so while you might not like the isolation with journalistic writing, you might still have success with the written word but, maybe in presenting it as a speaker.

-The 2nd house of money has the last degrees of Sagittarius on it. I mention the last degrees because in some cases this makes your control over your money stream a bit more difficult. This could be as a result of having your own business rather than relying on a "steady paycheck". The planet ruling the 2nd is in the 9th house involved in a angle with both Mercury and Venus. My interpretation on this is that it confirms the 6th house information mentioned above in that your money is coming from "dispersal of ideas" (for lack of a better word). There are also three planets in the 2rd house indicating more overt activity involved in this house. Uranus and Neptune and with Neptune, I'm thinking that maybe we have the media, maybe in the form of movies. There's more information about the 2nd but, not enough time to cover since we need to move to 10th house.

- The 10th house of status/profession has Virgo on the cusp and Mars residing in the house. A note about Mars, it is ruling the 5th house of entertainment and it is in your 10th house -- another link to the media field (and or presentations). The planet associated with Virgo is Chiron (modern astrology) and that planet is in the 8th house in the sign of Leo (8th house has cancer of cusp). Taking this house to be other people's money, your status/profession may be involved in using other people's money. This might be from investments in what you do or produce.

Thank you, I appreciate your interpretation. It's very true, and the fact that my writing has to be done in isolation is the main reason I have lost my passion for it, because I am entering a stage in my life where things are very social and I love being around people.

Media is definatley my first love and I guess it shows in my chart. I would love that Leo in me to come out more when it comes to career- I feel very timid and scared and have such a massive fear of failure that the potential of PR and being recognized almost scares me.

Marinka

Thank you, I appreciate your interpretation. It's very true, and the fact that my writing has to be done in isolation is the main reason I have lost my passion for it, because I am entering a stage in my life where things are very social and I love being around people.

Media is definatley my first love and I guess it shows in my chart. I would love that Leo in me to come out more when it comes to career- I feel very timid and scared and have such a massive fear of failure that the potential of PR and being recognized almost scares me.

Moon and Mars opposition is going to make you hesitant to act because of exposing your self but, you can lessen this by making the best use of the Mars in Virgo and leaving nothing to chance and then putting your fears to rest by practicing whatever you need so it almost second nature - with this, your fears will go away. Look at joining a club like toastmasters - they are great at making you do the steps to get rid of the stage fright and making your presentations seamless.

Hi virgoprincess,

Straight to the point; using my method:
Sun/Pluto=Mercury/Jupiter *** “The writers signature”, as your main astrological identity ***

(Your main Astro ID: Sun Peregrine ruling 9th house, Pluto Peregrine ruling 12 th house, Jupiter Oriental, Sun<>Mercury, … Saturn<>Uranus .)

Pluto quintile Sun … a very creative, but modest feeling Pluto energy is in the mix.
To overcome the fear of failure, the modesty that you may experience as an obstacle, requieres a creative Scorpio solution:

‘’Do some self-expression, some acting, just project your identity as the very strong , invincible woman that you are , show your Scorpio powers (As/MC=Mars/Pluto) & (Saturn/Uranus=Mars/Pluto) Some intense power training, sport and love making will do you much good !’’

Thank you, I love that advice and will take it on for sure! I love my Scorpio rising but you are right with the modesty I'd love to bring out that Scorpio power and intensity instead of being such a scaredy cat sometimes:)
So by writers signature you mean my chart is showing mainly potential for a career in writing? Or it's just showing that I can write...?

kshantaram

Premium Member
ascendant lord mars over meticulous perfectionist virgo 10th,

whether inclined for operations/project management in your field - publishing, media production, etc

mars 5th lord over 10th seeking position in life, while could alienate children;

mars aspects own aries 5th good for education, advisory/administrative roles but not for health of children/to care.

sun 9th and the stellium, sun own house, managerial aptitudes related to the arts sun-jupiter-mercury-venus conjunct cusp leo. and teaching/advisory/consultancy aptitudes.

moon-mars opposition, volatile emotions and finances, volatility between home and career.

movable cancer and moon inimical for the fixed scorpio asc,

moon 4th pisces, stress and delays in matters of domestic comforts, property matters, mother's health, conveyances, travels, etc.

moon 4th, mass appeal - but stressful.

rahu the node 2nd house, earnings through foreign sources, foreign firms/foreign languages.

saturn acquarius, techical aptitude, reformist, innovative.

saturn retrograde towards own capricorn 2nd, delays in financial matters, earnings from distant lands again,

saturn-rahu conjunct rise and fall.

retro saturn from capricorn aspects ascedant scorpio impacting health, and also aspects aries 5th/debilated aspect - impacting education, romance, children, advisory roles.

but mars aspects own aries 5th and protective, except for health of children.

jupiter debilated aspect over capricorn 2nd impacting family-finances-speech. moreover saturn-rahu 2nd house, rise and fall.

rahu/ketu the nodes 2/8 axis sudden issues in life. ketu 8th accident prone/water accidents perhaps, surgery, lungs/heart/urological systems. ketu alone thus nothing major hopefully.

scorpio ascendant, secretive, reserved, sentimental, research aptitude, occult interests subjects like astrology.

currently saturn-rahu transit enemy sign scorpio ascendant sign and under stress impacting health,

jupiter transits elevated cancer 8th inimical for scorpio ascendant,

jupiter-retro saturn/rahu oppostion
tending to miscalculations/misjudgments in matters of family-finances and missed opportunities perhaps.

jupiter trines and aspects saturn-rahu transit scorpio containing the stress thereof, as well as trines and aspects own pisces 4th protective of domestic comforts, property matters, mother, etc.

hope generic observations help reflect further.

wishing well,

kshantaram