Did I make a total fool of myself?

Ali

This is not quite a career question -- more an avocation question. I recently auditioned for a regional theater company and my three minute selected audition piece totally sucked. I don't think I read that badly, however. Hence, the question.

The ascendant is early and the moon is VOC. Do I even bother trying to read this? The querent is ruled by mercury (with Saturn in the first house -- not too promising). For the quesited, I chose the ruler of the fifth house, because this is more of an artistic opportunity for me and not a job. Mercury is not in aspect to Saturn. So, is that a no? I'm not sure what to do with a chart of the early ascendant and VOC moon. Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch.

A

P.S. I'm not sure I got my thumbnail attached. We'll see.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_event_hp.75475.10795.jpg.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_event_hp.75475.10795.jpg.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 43

cassanra

Interestingly you are in the 6th house of details, co-workers, health. The moom is void sort of as it in very late degrees and is with in orb or you also ruler of 10th house public. Mercury, you is in the very serious sign of saturn and saturn and mercury are in mutual reception.
I guess you might be taking this very seriously:)
Mercury is almost conjunct the fateful degree I would suspect quite close if we used a different program.
I would say it is a little early to tell but something is about to change. Saturn rules the 5th, ruler of theatres, pleasures, chance and saturn is in your house so I suspect that it did not go as badly as you think.
Venus, the ruler of the public image is in the 8th of loss so it is possible you have lost some face.
It is in interesting chart. I am wondering if you might pick up some work there as you are in the 6th house

Ali

Thanks Cassandra.

Yeah, I'm probably taking it more seriously than it warrants. It's very cool that you saw that in the chart. It did feel really bad to tank.:( I wasn't well prepared but that's not an excuse! Also, I definitely lost some face with an acquaintance.

There might have been the possibility of work (I tried out for a trilogy of plays -- two of which pay their actors) although the plays travel and I don't know how well that would work into my family situation.

I'll let you know if any work comes up.

A

Catatonia

Don't read the chart

Mod note: Catatonia, please explain to us why we shouldn't read the chart. There are some good reasons out there.;) AG

Last edited by a moderator:

LionKing

You might not want to try and start anything until 12 hours after a new Moon. At least that is what I read from an electional astrology book. Which is why I am going to attempt my on-line book sales tomorrow. Just thought I'd let you know. V/r LionKing:D

archergirl

Also, I'd just like to note that this isn't an especially good question for horary, Ali, because it's so utterly subjective, and the stars only deal with 'facts'.

Making a fool of oneself depends on many things: one's own self-esteem, what you did, whether you were drunk or simply 'off-kilter', etc...and as others pointed out, how seriously you take yourself and the things you do.

Horary questions really need a 'soul-drive' behind them to be of any effect; they need to be over a question of real importance and weight, rather than as a means for self-reflection.

You'd have to admit that a chart telling you, 'Yes, you made a complete pillock of yourself' is hardly going to benefit you.;)

AG:)

Ali

archergirl said:
Also, I'd just like to note that this isn't an especially good question for horary, Ali, because it's so utterly subjective, and the stars only deal with 'facts'.

Making a fool of oneself depends on many things: one's own self-esteem, what you did, whether you were drunk or simply 'off-kilter', etc...and as others pointed out, how seriously you take yourself and the things you do.

AG:)

Thanks, AG. Very helpful. I'm (clearly) new at horary and all the questions I've asked (which I haven't posted) have come back with an early or late Asc and/or moon VOC. It sounds as if that's a sign that the question needs to be tweaked or tossed.

pwadm

Staff member
And yet, for every genuine question, there is a genuine answer!

The chart does show an early ASC and a VOC Moon, yet what do those mean?

I think that the early ASC refers to you being unprepared and the VOC Moon says that whatever happened then is useless to think about it now as you can't change anything anyway. It is really that simple.

As your question refers to the PAST, look at separating aspects.
For instance the Moon in the 5th and separating from a trine with the 5th house ruler - so your audition wasn't that bad anyway. Sure thing, the Moon (your cosignificator) is in its exile (so you were totally at unease) but at least the Moon is received by the 5th house ruler, so the text or play did fit you in some way.

Now, if you really want to know the impression you made on the the people auditioning you - look at the 10th house (superiors). See that Algol fixed star on the Midheaven? Ouch! Yes, terrible impression.

Moving to the overall picture, what does the chart tell you? It says, that you performed terribly (Algol cj MC), you were unprepared (early ASC), yet it doesn't matter (Moon VOC), as you're going to work hard (ASC ruler, Mercury, in the 6th house), as you are a smart boy (Mercury in its triplicity) and you're going to improve yourself (Mercury conjunct Jupiter).

See? every chart can be read, just give it time.

Ali

Thanks, Radu.

Yep, you nailed my impression of the event. I especially liked your direction on how to read the VOC and early asc. Very helpful.

I did end up being offered a part in the unpaid production. Possibly because one of those watching the audition has seen my other work. I was fascinated that Saturn ruled the fifth with Pluto on the cusp. This was the most serious group of directors/writers. I came in as mercury conjunct Jupiter (all cheerful and possibly full of myself.) Their intensity kind of threw me.

Catatonia

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys. I voice not to read the chart because the chart has an Ascendant that is too early to see a complete outcome, a VOC Moon to add to an early Ascendant (so it being too early to tell would be the conclusion, don't you think?), and on top of everything "Did I act like a fool?" it sort of an improper question to ask.

A better one to ask would be "Will I book the theater job I was interviewed for?" and bring up some background and details for the question as you already have.

So I think to get a clearer outcome that's less heavy and negative to you because the chart and question are both vague, don't read the chart with the purpose of not putting negativity in your mind and just ask it again at a later date.

Catatonia

archergirl :cheers:

Ali

Hey everyone

I know this is a dusty old thread but as it is horary and time has passed, things have happened that show how accurate and interesting some of your comments were.

I did the horary when I was in acute humiliation mode because of a badly botched audition. I could tell that the director and writer were embarrassed for me which is not a good feeling. As Radu pointed out, Algol on the midheaven showed serious loss of face. But several people pointed to parts of the chart that showed that I might have suited the piece despite my audition. Also, Cassanra thought I might pick up some work because I was in the sixth.

Well, I did get a part in the play. Since we are workshopping it as it's being written, no parts were distributed. However, as the play developed, about a third of the lines turned out to be mine. Also, I got extra work because the theater company got a grant to work with the schools, they wanted someone from the cast -- there's six of us -- to run a workshop. I'm a dancer so the director thought I'd be a natural for a creative movement class. Also, I may end up costuming the play. Those last two are definitely sixth house from my way of thinking -- I make money costuming but it's not exactly a 10th house for me as I don't even want it as a career.

Anyway, it helped me a lot to see how I could still read an early ascendant. Obviously, the director had to know me for a while before she felt comfortable with me.

Anyway, thanks for all your input.

Ali

P.S. As a purely non-astrological aside, it was good to learn that completely humiliating myself in front of someone didn't mean that I could never look that person in the eye again. And yes, she thought I did a pretty bad (dreadful) audition piece but she's seen that before.