Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Inconjunct

Venus could be said to be selfish and self-centred - remember, it also rules vanity and jealousy and obsession in love. Pisces turns that love outwards towards the collective and when people love their fellow man, they can achieve great things.

MaeMae

Banned
selfish and self centered? nooooooooo! ; )
that's why in our Neptunian ways, we make ourselves the fall guy. highly manipulative to get what we want, sort of carrying taurus' rulership one step further. there should never be any doubt that vip can get what s/he wants, but never doubt that we'll be the first not to recognize it or know what to do with it.
the HEART of vip wants to love and find understanding. some call it compassion.
but the mere nature of vip is to reject wordly desires. this is what makes them easy. they believe the sexuo-romantic is spiritual. if we are turned on by you, we see God in you.
or is that just me? ; )
but on a serious note, it often sends them to places of despair and a great sense of unfairness.
just thinking that maybe exaltation really means they exhibit the full spectrum of venus. after all, neptune rules film. we can be anything other's want us to be to get what we want.
what we want is a love with Spirit/God, thru God, however we define it. because of that, worldly matters like does he have a job, she is crazy, he drinks too much, she's loose.
because just about Anybody who loves or even uses vip knows they too are looking for love from a spiritual plane. Even the worst rogues and fiends know that vip knows that vip can offer them a touch of God. Most Pisces/Neptune types in general are the medium for this.
the worldly c*r*a*p is what keeps the worldly fish swimming in two directions.

byjove

Account Closed
I have to say that Venus in Pisces to me has a tougher time today and say, 100 years ago in English speaking countries. The casual sex of today, and leaving someone by text, the super-relaxed attitudes amongst (the young in particular) don't fit well for us Venus in Pisces natives! Nope!

Venus could be said to be selfish and self-centred - remember, it also rules vanity and jealousy and obsession in love. Pisces turns that love outwards towards the collective and when people love their fellow man, they can achieve great things.

Well i've never heard of venus described like this :sad:

Venus espec in pisces is sacrifical, loving (all venus) will give, want beauty, nice things, to be sociable.

I suppose it all depends on how venus is aspected is to HOW she responds, but this thread is not for discussing aspects, just venus in pisces exalted...

I have to say that Venus in Pisces to me has a tougher time today and say, 100 years ago in English speaking countries. The casual sex of today, and leaving someone by text, the super-relaxed attitudes amongst (the young in particular) don't fit well for us Venus in Pisces natives! Nope!

Yes, ViP seems a little antiquated (in a beautiful way) makes me think of the romantic Irish peots like Yeats and (though not Irish) the Disederta poem about love. Oh, how we NEED this expression of venus!

Last edited:

Munch

that's why in our Neptunian ways, we make ourselves the fall guy. highly manipulative to get what we want, sort of carrying taurus' rulership one step further. there should never be any doubt that vip can get what s/he wants, but never doubt that we'll be the first not to recognize it or know what to do with it.
the HEART of vip wants to love and find understanding. some call it compassion.
but the mere nature of vip is to reject wordly desires. this is what makes them easy. they believe the sexuo-romantic is spiritual. if we are turned on by you, we see God in you.
or is that just me? ; )
but on a serious note, it often sends them to places of despair and a great sense of unfairness.
just thinking that maybe exaltation really means they exhibit the full spectrum of venus. after all, neptune rules film. we can be anything other's want us to be to get what we want.
what we want is a love with Spirit/God, thru God, however we define it. because of that, worldly matters like does he have a job, she is crazy, he drinks too much, she's loose.
because just about Anybody who loves or even uses vip knows they too are looking for love from a spiritual plane. Even the worst rogues and fiends know that vip knows that vip can offer them a touch of God. Most Pisces/Neptune types in general are the medium for this.
the worldly c*r*a*p is what keeps the worldly fish swimming in two directions.

Mae Mae, what an interesting way to look at this! I'd honestly never considered this side of Venus in Pisces. I wouldn't have thought that the slippery side of this combination could result in an uncertainty of what the individual wants. To clarify, are you saying that the Venus in Pisces individual gets what they think they want only to discover that it falls short of the indefinable in much the same manner as Venus/Neptune?

byjove

Account Closed
Yes, ViP seems a little antiquated (in a beautiful way) makes me think of the romantic Irish peots like Yeats and (though not Irish) the Disederta poem about love. Oh, how we NEED this expression of venus!

LOL You just said this to an Irish person :kissing:

One mini-point to the discussion, for any of us interested in traditional astrology, Venus in P is ruled by Jupiter, the greater benefic, and has no direct inheritance of illusion etc. If there's anyone more knowledgeable on trad. astro. here, please add, but is that just a modern interp. of Venus, and Venus in P? :innocent:

Actually, if we get a good trad. perspective for this, the story here may change dramatically...:smile:

piscesnurse

awesome munch thank you~ i am a venus in pisces as well in 12th house i do think we see the we are all one and stay true to ourselves
and yes mae mae we can feel it all to the depths of dispair empathy dispair compassion i am also a pisces sun i was told by a well know astrologist that pisces sun and venus in pisces has one foot on earth and one foot in heaven

LOL You just said this to an Irish person :kissing:

One mini-point to the discussion, for any of us interested in traditional astrology, Venus in P is ruled by Jupiter, the greater benefic, and has no direct inheritance of illusion etc. If there's anyone more knowledgeable on trad. astro. here, please add, but is that just a modern interp. of Venus, and Venus in P? :innocent:

Actually, if we get a good trad. perspective for this, the story here may change dramatically...:smile:

You are Irish? I lived in Ireland for a year...it is my favorite country. Beautiful place, beautiful people :happy:

I feel like Ireland is the best and worst place for those of us with strong neptune...it is naturally poetic and soft hearted in national character, but it is also very easy for people to drift there, never finding or indeed loosing their footing in the mundane world.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

As I said a million times a million different ways (I am more interested in ideas than applications so I don't care about consistency between them) Venus in Pisces or even the 12th is no problem. Venus is obsessed with money. Pisces doesn't want it. Venus in Jupiter's sign is as lucky as it gets. Venus brings people together. Pisces brings all things into one. I'm not even sure modern rulership of signs is valid, although the 3 last planets are valid objects in the eyes of plenty outside of modern astrology. Maybe they could be exalted rather than domiciled in their signs? The Nodes are exalted but not domiciled. I'm sure the asteroids Vesta, Juno, Pallas, Ceres are considered to work better in some signs than others.

Last edited:

Inconjunct

You've never heard of love being self-centred, selfish, jealous or obsessive A50? You need to get out more :)

And placements of planets can't really be judged in isolation from aspects. However, people seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick - I was not saying this was an interpretation of Venus in Pisces - read the rest of my post.

You've never heard of love being self-centred, selfish, jealous or obsessive A50? You need to get out more :)

And placements of planets can't really be judged in isolation from aspects. However, people seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick - I was not saying this was an interpretation of Venus in Pisces - read the rest of my post.

not unless it's venus in scorpio or venus hard aspect pluto. But hey I thought this thread was about Venus in pisces? hey what do I know.:w00t:

Bossette353

I think the sun is important in figuring out how to support your particular Venus

So maybe check out your sun and see how it can support your Venus influence as well as Jupiter. Remember, no planet operates without another planets influence, even if it is 'hidden.'

Also, if I may. Venus in Pisces allows for an ability to forgive and empathize. Sure you may get stepped on from time to time, but people can never take your sense of true self from you for too long. You are supremely in touch with who and what you really are. Tapping into this shows that you can direct the 'laws of the Universe' much more easily than others and can manifest and manipulate 'reality' far more easily than other people.

Even science shows that the Universe started in a Big Bang, though they have no idea what came before that. They speculate that everything came from nothing. This is the Universal Law (http://www.marjadevries.nl/universallaws/index.php) that says that everything already 'is.' There is nothing new. All that remains is to 'remember' and 'manifest.' You have a strong ability to do this. You just have to look at this placement from a different perspective.

Thanks for your insight, Munch! My sun is in Aquarius- 2nd House, which I think is about financial freedom and having control over my resources. It makes a semisquare to my natal Venus, so there is some discord intergrating these two. I have to be extra careful who I share my heart and wallet with. I like what u said about the Universal Law. Never thought of it that way.

byjove

Account Closed
As I said a million times a million different ways (I am more interested in ideas than applications so I don't care about consistency between them)

Respectfully, I wasn't discussing this directly with you, so I don't mind what you say a million, million, billion times, and the thread opener decides what is relevant. Also, my point was perfecly a part of the discussion.

Bossette353

I would say Saturn's relationship to Venus in a vip chart is integral in keeping Venus in tune with what's real. Tough aspects can reinforce the characteristic worthlessness that vip can experience in those darker moments. but even so, saturn is usually able to maneuver thru the fog to get neptune out of it. usually with a bruise or scar to remind vip her folly. venus in pisces has a hard time learning lessons without some reminder of the pain involved. still, they move onto further punishment, however in many spititual ways, they become stronger and it helps them handle future pain better. I believe JC is likely a Pisces type.

I have Venus in Pisces trine Saturn(Scorpio-11th house). It's supposed to make me more mature and realistic in personal affairs, so that's a good thing.

byjove

Account Closed
Very true, I guess this is where different things in a chart come together and change the single condition of one of them. I suppose the stable, practical tone of Saturn is welcome contact indeed. I think a Venus-trine-Saturn is already a little out of the danger zone of some of the Venus/Pisces idealisms though. What do you think? :happy:

Bossette353

that's why in our Neptunian ways, we make ourselves the fall guy. highly manipulative to get what we want, sort of carrying taurus' rulership one step further. there should never be any doubt that vip can get what s/he wants.
we can be anything other's want us to be to get what we want. Anybody who loves or even uses vip knows they too are looking for love from a spiritual plane.

Hmmmm... I never thought of it like that before!! *sinister grin slowly spreads on face*
Yes, it is true that my ideal love is a soulmate or someone who I can connect with on the deepest level.

bittermoon

My ex has Venus in Pisces. It doesn't perform at all like expected. Perhaps, because it's unaspected? If not, it really makes me question the validity of astrology!

Bossette353

I COMPLETELY agree with you 100%!! My friends look at me crazy because I've been celibate for 6 years and am looking for a long-term, monogamous relationship. They just don't understand how sacred their minds/bodies are, and that they just can't be tossed around so friviously. It's having morals and priniciples in this generation(late 80s), but somebody's gotta do it:)