Guess the asc of Benedict Cumberbatch

WeCareALot

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch's Rising Sign

I've got to admit that he is rather 'dishy'. Haven't had a celebrity crush for years.:biggrin:

Yep! I feel the same way :love: I didn't understand the love for him at first because he does look weird. But BBC's Sherlock sealed the deal for me, then his look in Star Trek Into Darkness. He's soo good-looking in both. But he's also proof that attraction is 90% personality. Now that I'm familiar with his acting ability and snippets of his personality, you can't convince me there's a more attractive man in Hollywood/British cinema. :kissing:

WeCareALot

Oh no! I didn't realize there had already been a thread created on BC. There's another active one I started in this forum.

The pictures above are specifically from his look in Sherlock, and I'm convinced that Sherlock the Character is an Aquarius rising. He's got the don't-want-to-be-bothered-by-emotions air to him but if you watch the way he introduces himself to people, he's still got a friendly disposition to him. He's very much a 'friendly, but distant' person, and is only really rude to people who treat him like ****. He also reminds me of Aquarians I know who believe they're unemotional but are actually quite sensitive to people's opinions, something Sherlock gradually reveals throughout the series.

As for Benedict Cumberbatch, I said in the other thread that I think he's a Leo rising because that would put Venus, Mercury, and Saturn on his AC. Saturn would contribute to his prominent bone structure, and I think Mercury is what gives him his luminous eyes. He could be a Scorpio rising since that would put Uranus on his AC but he doesn't have that piercing look that most Scorpio risings seem to have (Google some images of BC when he's not in his Sherlock clothes). He looks too ethereal and otherworldly for that, even though he does have the beady eyes and fleshy lips of a Scorp rising. I still say Leo rising.

WeCareALot

Also, echoing what May28 said earlier about the Libra influence: Leo rising would put Venus on the AC and give him that symmetrical, pleasant-looking face. Despite how strange he looks, he doesn't have one particularly weird, standout feature. Maybe his cheekbones or weak chin but overall, his features work well together even though they look odd. Could be a Venus influence.

IleneK

Premium Member
Looks very much like Mercury ruled Gemini or Virgo rising.

Also, with the intriguing, unusual face that is somehow nevertheless very attractive, he might be Libra rising, with his Venus Saturn in Leo at the top of his chart...?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Ok, so this guy's got quite an intriguing face, weird at first, but then you get used to it =P (kinda like Cillian Murphy)

He's a Cancer sun, Aries Moon.

Another thing worth pointing out, is that it is nearly as likely, using a noon time chart, that he has a Taurus Moon as an Aries Moon. That might contribute to an emotional life and memory more compatible with acting than an Aries Moon.

M

may28gemini

I also think he's more likely a Taurus Moon because he seems calm and placid. Even when he's playing characters who are impatient and are supposed to be angry, he doesn't do a good job conveying anger or aggression. The mannerism are rather contained and controlled... which makes me doubt he has Aries Moon.

WeCareALot

I think his moon is actually in Aries based on descriptions of him from his youth. Apparently when he was young, he often got in trouble for being hyperactive and "ungovernable." I remember reading an article that described him as being subject to "raging boredom" when he was young, which sounds like a bad Aries moon problem, lol. He does seem a lot calmer and more patient now, especially with some of his weirder fans so maybe he has just learned to tone it down now.

M

may28gemini

LOL @ "raging boredom" who doesn't have that as a kid!!! I'm late Pisces Moon and I was "ungovernable" and got into a ton of trouble, probably just as rambunctious as any Fire Moon. It's not until lately that I've become more phlegmatic which should be customary for a Water Moon.

However, I don't think Aries Moon can really calm their rage. I mean, look at Angelina Jolie (but she's got too much Aries energy for a Gemini anyway). Pretty much as soon as she say something, there's rage in it. BC seems too calm and placid for me to see Aries Moon in him.

earths

I drop the scorpio rising in favour of Sagittarius or Capricorn due to his calm and polite manners, not as sexual as a scorpio would be or lazy as a taurus. His features remind me of a sagittarius with long nose and the chin and they are also travellers and independent spirits, just like him really.

I would rule out virgo, gemini or taurus, because I have this qualities, know them well and i don't recognise them in him at all.

In any case i would figured out his house X is quite busy due to his social position, professional excellence, and his prominent father-family inheritance (grandfather ambassador of queen victoria and father respected and well known in social circles). A Sun on his MC would prove his leo aura on him. But that would mean a pluto ASC and make him a Libra ascendant. :whistling:

Last edited:

Caro

He is currentlly in Malaysia at the Grand Prix - giving prizes and interviewing the drivers.

a jupiter transit to 9th house?(points to scorpio asc)

junoisuppose

Ah Benedict :love: whom I love because his birthday is a mere 3 days before mine and who is therefore an inspiration to me that someone with such an afflicted chart as mine can be successful :love::love::love: (although the cynics around me point to the fact that he went to the most expensive school in the country and both his parents were actors).

His ascendant is hard to guess because when I look at him I see all his other planets - sun cancer, 3 planets in leo, mercury conjunct sun. Personally I think his moon is probably taurus not aries because he reminds me of taureans that I have met.

& if you look at old photos of him before he was celebrity styled and made over he really wasn't that dishy at all...

My guess is one of the signs ruled by one of the three planets he has in leo, mercury, saturn or venus because that would be the playful, mischievous side and also the side that likes to be well dressed. Maybe gemini because gemini ascendants tend to be skinny. That would make his MC pisces which fits with acting. Or maybe leo ascendant because before he got his celebrity make over he had a very moppy hairstyle.

junoisuppose

I drop the scorpio rising in favour of Sagittarius or Capricorn due to his calm and polite manners, not as sexual as a scorpio would be or lazy as a taurus. His features remind me of a sagittarius with long nose and the chin and they are also travellers and independent spirits, just like him really.

I would rule out virgo, gemini or taurus, because I have this qualities, know them well and i don't recognise them in him at all.

In any case i would figured out his house X is quite busy due to his social position, professional excellence, and his prominent father-family inheritance (grandfather ambassador of queen victoria and father respected and well known in social circles). A Sun on his MC would prove his leo aura on him. But that would mean a pluto ASC and make him a Libra ascendant. :whistling:

His calm and polite manners could be due to having venus conjunct saturn.

His well-connected family would be indicated by either the 4th house or the ruler of the 4th house. Although both his parents were actors, so maybe leo 4th, or pisces 4th.

I do agree though that he must have planets in the 10th to have such high profile career success, and I'd guess that his 10th house has been receiving favourable transits for the last couple of years, since his career has gone stratospheric.

multiple

Account Closed
I also think he's more likely a Taurus Moon because he seems calm and placid. Even when he's playing characters who are impatient and are supposed to be angry, he doesn't do a good job conveying anger or aggression. The mannerism are rather contained and controlled... which makes me doubt he has Aries Moon.

I'd put that down to mars in virgo square neptune.

my guess would be scorpio rising.

junoisuppose

I'd put that down to mars in virgo square neptune.

my guess would be scorpio rising.

Hmm. I agree with the mars in virgo square neptune explanation.

But I'm not convinced he's a scorpio ascendant. Scorpio ascendant celebrities are a little scary looking http://www.librarising.com/astrology/risingsigns/scorpiorising2.html
all that mars influence.

How about libra ascendant, venus in leo conjunct mercury & saturn giving a leo/gemini/capricorn feel. Sun in the 10th. Ruler of the 4th (capricorn) in leo (well connected acting family). Jupiter currently transiting his 10th house accounting for all his recent success.

WeCareALot

How about libra ascendant, venus in leo conjunct mercury & saturn giving a leo/gemini/capricorn feel. Sun in the 10th. Ruler of the 4th (capricorn) in leo (well connected acting family). Jupiter currently transiting his 10th house accounting for all his recent success.

Libra rising could work since it would put his Sun in the 10th but I still don't think that explains his alien-cat look. And men with Libra rising generally look a little too 1950's Jack-loves-Jane kinds of guys to me. Like, too All-American Perfect, if that makes sense. Benedict has a very pleasing face that indicates some kind of Venusian influence but his features are too strange and otherworldly to be a true Libra rising. They combine in a beautiful way but they're also polarizing and weird which doesn't scream Libra to me. That's why I thought Leo rising since that would at least put Venus on his ascendant or in the first house. Also, depending on the degrees and house system, his Sun could be conjunct the Ascendant.

With that said, I do sense a Taurean air to him, especially with his relationships. But I still think his moon is in Aries. I just can't imagine a Cancer Sun/Taurus moon mix driving himself into the ground work-wise the way he does. He can probably count the number of vacations he's had since blowing up after Sherlock on one hand.

WeCareALot

So not sure if anyone has seen this but apparently Astrotheme has updated it's birth time for Benedict. It's listed as 12:00PM so I suppose it should be taken with a grain of salt. Usually, 12:00PM is the default time for celebrities with unknown birth times. But those celebs are also usually listed without ascendants.

In this case, a 12:00PM birth time gives BC a Libra ASC with Pluto in Libra closely conjunct it. I'm surprised! I figured he had some sort of Venusian influence in his first house (maybe Venus in house 1), but I never would have thought he would be Libra rising.

Again, the source is not entirely trustworthy but I thought it'd be helpful to point out the update.

Source: http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Benedict_Cumberbatch

astretina

he looks like gemini rising to me, just guessing
watched him in star trek, good actor

air sign rising and maybe first decan pisces rising....

Last edited: