Dream of a snake

tee_jay66

The snake is also a phallic symbol. :pinched:

and you are seeing this snake in a certain way.

could be a rise of the kundalini energy.(some describe their spiritual awakening as orgasmic) or as you develop a spiritual practice you need to remember your roots/basic needs.

OK this is really interesting to me.........please explain a little more? I have been practising yoga and meditation also for some time and focusing on God alone in my thoughts. My only desire is to awaken to my spiritual nature, nothing else interests me on the earth and Im trying to break loose from all earthly attachments and earthly pleasures because I dont want to reincarnate again and again going around the same mountain., which is really been easy for me lately and I feel more 'alive' than ever..........................that is why Im confused by this seemingly negative answers to my dream...as Im on fire with my awakening spirit.

Please could you explain a little how to awaken my root chakra as I feel it may be blocked.many thanks

tee_jay66

..or maybe you should be careful in people that you have just met. They often connote snakes to traitor right?

Yes there is a guy who just wont leave me alone and he is a pest, Ive never trusted him and he is a snake in the grass!

but he's been trying his luck with me for 15 years, so I don think the dream is entirely about him because I dont think about him really

JUPITERASC

I dream Im given my snake to hold but it has become much much bigger than I remember.......
.....Im frightened as it seems angry and normally it is docile in my memory.
tee-jay66 you refer to the snake as 'my snake' so - either you had an actual pet snake OR you are dreaming of having once had a pet snake - which is it!? :smile:

JUPITERASC

hi
yes I did used to have pet snakes...a corn snake and a garter snake. Not for 10 years now though
:happy:
Similarly to seeing your childhood home, a past pet serves the same function as trying to bring you back to that particular time period. A situation in your waking life may parallel a situation from your past and the dream is possibly indicating to you a means of resolving it

However, you say you are feeling afraid because your pet snake from the past is angry and so you are frightened which may
indicate that your achievements may not be as successful as you had anticipated and you are experiencing feelings of self-doubt, incompetence or lack of control in your waking life and feeling anxious regarding various aspects of your life. The key to overcoming your fear is to discuss these feelings and deal with them openly:smile:

Perhaps you are having second thoughts about a decision you have made. Anger often masquerades as fear, so also consider issues about which you feel angry in your waking life.

To dream that you are frightened can also signify temporary and fleeting worries:smile:

tee_jay66

Similarly to seeing your childhood home, a past pet serves the same function as trying to bring you back to that particular time period. A situation in your waking life may parallel a situation from your past and the dream is possibly indicating to you a means of resolving it

However, you say you are feeling afraid because your pet snake from the past is angry and so you are frightened which may
indicate that your achievements may not be as successful as you had anticipated and you are experiencing feelings of self-doubt, incompetence or lack of control in your waking life and feeling anxious regarding various aspects of your life. The key to overcoming your fear is to discuss these feelings and deal with them openly:smile:

Perhaps you are having second thoughts about a decision you have made. Anger often masquerades as fear, so also consider issues about which you feel angry in your waking life.

To dream that you are frightened can also signify temporary and fleeting worries:smile:

Hi

I am at a loss about what it is that I need to face up to or deal with as I felt Ive dealt with every situation. The only situations I cannot deal with are the ones I have accepted and turned away from. 'let go and let God'

so Im sorry but Im at a loss here, thanks though

JUPITERASC

Hi I am at a loss about what it is that I need to face up to or deal with as I felt Ive dealt with every situation. The only situations I cannot deal with are the ones I have accepted and turned away from. 'let go and let God'

so Im sorry but Im at a loss here, thanks though
tee_jay66, that is understandable when we remember that dreams are related to the unconscious - it seems as if the dream made a big impression on you - which is a way the Unconscious uses to draw your attention to aka 'wake you up to' these possible unconscious issues - meditating on the dream for answers can be helpful as well

Snakes are a well known symbol for healing

Asclepius was the Greek god of medicine and healing, one of many sons of the Greek god Apollo, who is known for giving man the gift of healing.

Asclepius carried a staff with one snake wrapped around it, and that is commonly used as a symbol of medicine and doctors. BUT if Americans saw this symbol, they might not recognize its meaning, because in the United States, starting in about 1920, the US Army’s health services started using the Caduceus as their symbol. The Caduceus is a staff, but instead of one serpent, there are two entwined around it. (image attached)
tumblr_lvk9dl068s1qansvk.png

The important point is that The Caduceus is a symbol of the Greek god Hermes, God of Travelers, Thieves, and Commerce. This symbol was used in the classical world as a symbol of traders and those who work with money - not healers.

The snake has been used in countless cultures, societies, and religions as one symbol or another, in many forms, so it’s very easy to become confused as to its particular symbolism

Attachments

• CADUCEUS.png
    CADUCEUS.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

tee_jay66

tee_jay66, that is understandable when we remember that dreams are related to the unconscious - it seems as if the dream made a big impression on you - which is a way the Unconscious uses to draw your attention to aka 'wake you up to' these possible unconscious issues - meditating on the dream for answers can be helpful as well

Snakes are a well known symbol for healing

Asclepius was the Greek god of medicine and healing, one of many sons of the Greek god Apollo, who is known for giving man the gift of healing.

Asclepius carried a staff with one snake wrapped around it, and that is commonly used as a symbol of medicine and doctors. BUT if Americans saw this symbol, they might not recognize its meaning, because in the United States, starting in about 1920, the US Army’s health services started using the Caduceus as their symbol. The Caduceus is a staff, but instead of one serpent, there are two entwined around it. (image attached)
tumblr_lvk9dl068s1qansvk.png

The important point is that The Caduceus is a symbol of the Greek god Hermes, God of Travelers, Thieves, and Commerce. This symbol was used in the classical world as a symbol of traders and those who work with money - not healers.

The snake has been used in countless cultures, societies, and religions as one symbol or another, in many forms, so it’s very easy to become confused as to its particular symbolism

thats an interesting symbol. To look at, it reminds me of kundalini energy.

I once was told many years ago, after having received healing form a christian woman that she saw in her mind's eye, a serpent wrapped around my spine in a spring effect. At the time she thought it was an evil thing and tried to deliver me from it. I had no idea at the time what it was about.

but now I realise that we all have this serpent coiled around our spine in the form of this wonderful energy that is waiting to be awakened, the kundalini.

JerryRR

Snake.
Keynote Death,Rebirth,Resurrection,Initiation,and Wisdom.

A symbol of transformation and healing.
In Meso-America represents Quetzalcoatl.
Opens new dimensions and levels of awareness.
A symbol of death and rebirth.(Ouroborus)
Gaurdian of treasure and sacred spaces.
Sensitivity,smell,vision and intuition may become more accurate.
New opportunities.
Looking deeper into your heart and soul.
Higher forms of discimination and spiritual idealism.
Shifts and changes that take place quickly.

May I suggest that you are careful about what you say and to whom.
You may benefit from exploring Aromatherapy.

J.R.

tee_jay66

Snake.
Keynote Death,Rebirth,Resurrection,Initiation,and Wisdom.

A symbol of transformation and healing.
In Meso-America represents Quetzalcoatl.
Opens new dimensions and levels of awareness.
A symbol of death and rebirth.(Ouroborus)
Gaurdian of treasure and sacred spaces.
Sensitivity,smell,vision and intuition may become more accurate.
New opportunities.
Looking deeper into your heart and soul.
Higher forms of discimination and spiritual idealism.
Shifts and changes that take place quickly.

May I suggest that you are careful about what you say and to whom.
You may benefit from exploring Aromatherapy.

J.R.

Hi JR

please can I ask what you mean by me being careful what I say and to whom? were you referring to what Ive said on this thread to people? if so, why?

or were you referring to the snake symbolic of treachery and deceit from others in general?

retinoid

Im more confused now about this dream as I have a very simple life style as in there arent many people in it. I dont really have friends as Im a loner at heart.

Men do want to date me but Im not interested in dating or meeting anyone as my heart isin't in it.

I love being alone and really dont know what A) my baggage could be? B) what is hiding in my subconscious? and C) what is all the mess I need to clean up in my life.

My mind isin't showing me what I need to know and Im more confused than ever now..................how do I find out what needs to be sorted out?

I am in the same spot as you. Being told to use my intuition and such and having dream symbols telling me things yet never knowing what they mean!

JerryRR

Hi TJ

Thank you for your reply.
"It is best not to anger snake people."
Ted Andrews.

I feel it may benefit you if you explore transiting Mars and your progressed Mars.(Flight or fight)

Take care.
J.R.

Caro

Lucky you with all these offers!!! :tongue:
I agree I think some charts show a tendancy to be single/spiritual/not require sexual relationship/asexual. we are not alll shag around saggi's (no offence meant)
Perhaps less fire shows less of a need to hit the sack!

In fact until fairly recently it was very common place for people to choose a spiritual life by joining an order(male and female). it is less so in the last 30 plus years. however more and more people are seeking a spiritual way of life without joining an order. Im sure there is some astrological reasoning behind that.

however sex is a primitive - grounding and rooting energy(along with other practices) so this energy needs to be channelled into something in order for it not to cause problems. Historically and present there are lots of problems in spiritual and religious groups where this energy is denied and then misused inappropriately

Grounding/rooting - visualisations with the root chakra. being in nature and being present in that moment. walking and swimming are all grounding and connect you with earth. Even doing routine housework is grounding/cooking. meditation in a group practice can be grounding.

As Im sure you know through the meditation you do, kundalini energy can be awoken at any time but is best explored with a teacher(appropriately qualified)

you talk in your email of movng further and further away from earth. If you wish to continue to live you have to be on this earth though. :smile:

Mark

tee_jay66: The irony of all this is amazing. You identify and treat yourself as an asexual, but you don't know why your root chakra is closed? It's closed because you haven't been using it. What's the quickest way to open the bottom chakra? Sex. It's quite straight-foward, actually.

I believe you correctly identified the problem for yourself, tee_jay66, but you haven't fully dissected it yet. The act of sex itself isn't the trouble, but an issue with intimacy. You have said that you've had sexual contact before and felt disappointed by it. That's because you require a mental, emotional, and spiritual bond in order to experience sex fully. That means that most people are incapable of satisfying you. I know exactly how that part feels, though I am a different sort.

What is not good is the fact that you do seem to have a notion of moral superiority attached to a lack of sex. There seems to be the idea that, "highly-developed people don't act that way." In my previous post, I assumed there was a connection between this and church/religion, but that connection isn't necessary. Don't you honestly feel that you are on one side of a fence and everyone else is on the other? Don't you attach some meaning to this that makes you feel justified? I know you've had to deal with many people who would like to change you and that is all the more reason to protect yourself by reinterpreting the differences. Others often see these differences as a weakness in you. Don't you turn the table by seeing weakness in them? At least sometimes?

What is the Truth of the matter? What if it really is the case that disciplined, loving, intimate sex is a good thing and the rules were put into place because 90+% of people get it wrong almost every time? What if it really is acceptable to be sexual in the right way? What if that difference between you and everyone else really just doesn't matter as much as it seems? I think you are defining yourself into a comfortable box and intentionally negating any reason there could ever be to leave the comfy box. You can't climb a mountain by looking at it and you can't get to the top of life by not living. Extracting yourself from the world is not what you were put here to do. You already have a way out. Now it's time for you to help others find their way and you can't do that by remaining sterile. Every person must be met where they are and every person is dirty (including you). So, if you will ever help anyone, you can't be afraid of getting your hands dirty. This last part has nothing to do with sex. This is about your ability to meet self through meeting others, which is love.

In the words of Edgar Cayce, "It's not about being goody-goody. It's about being good for something."

bubuza_dulce

I haven't written more on this thread but not because I didn't care, I thought about it a lot. But I felt the things I wanted to say could only be said if I were friends with tee_jay66 and we discussed these things over a cup of coffee.

I'm glad Mark stepped in and said some of the things I wanted to say but for which I hadn't found the proper words. I agree with what he said and I hope his opinion will be of some help for you, tee_jay66.

I still think there are some things that can be said upon the subject so, Mark, read my thoughts and put them in the right form!:tongue:

Last edited:

tee_jay66

tee_jay66: The irony of all this is amazing. You identify and treat yourself as an asexual, but you don't know why your root chakra is closed? It's closed because you haven't been using it. What's the quickest way to open the bottom chakra? Sex. It's quite straight-foward, actually.

I believe you correctly identified the problem for yourself, tee_jay66, but you haven't fully dissected it yet. The act of sex itself isn't the trouble, but an issue with intimacy. You have said that you've had sexual contact before and felt disappointed by it. That's because you require a mental, emotional, and spiritual bond in order to experience sex fully. That means that most people are incapable of satisfying you. I know exactly how that part feels, though I am a different sort.

What is not good is the fact that you do seem to have a notion of moral superiority attached to a lack of sex. There seems to be the idea that, "highly-developed people don't act that way." In my previous post, I assumed there was a connection between this and church/religion, but that connection isn't necessary. Don't you honestly feel that you are on one side of a fence and everyone else is on the other? Don't you attach some meaning to this that makes you feel justified? I know you've had to deal with many people who would like to change you and that is all the more reason to protect yourself by reinterpreting the differences. Others often see these differences as a weakness in you. Don't you turn the table by seeing weakness in them? At least sometimes?

What is the Truth of the matter? What if it really is the case that disciplined, loving, intimate sex is a good thing and the rules were put into place because 90+% of people get it wrong almost every time? What if it really is acceptable to be sexual in the right way? What if that difference between you and everyone else really just doesn't matter as much as it seems? I think you are defining yourself into a comfortable box and intentionally negating any reason there could ever be to leave the comfy box. You can't climb a mountain by looking at it and you can't get to the top of life by not living. Extracting yourself from the world is not what you were put here to do. You already have a way out. Now it's time for you to help others find their way and you can't do that by remaining sterile. Every person must be met where they are and every person is dirty (including you). So, if you will ever help anyone, you can't be afraid of getting your hands dirty. This last part has nothing to do with sex. This is about your ability to meet self through meeting others, which is love.

In the words of Edgar Cayce, "It's not about being goody-goody. It's about being good for something."

Mark

thankyou for your reply. There is a lot of stuff in there and I wont probably address all of it.

I do accept that Im not looking for physical love....or not until it feels right. I do accept that I would like the mind, spirit and body connection all in one and I do ache for that union that feels like 'coming home'. I have never found that with anyone....hence the reason why 'sex' does not fulfill me and 'God' alone does.

I have not intentionally taken a moral high ground or think Im better disciplined than others as it just seems to be part of who I am that I dont 'fit in' with a lot of people or their expectations of me.

I have tried lots of relationships in the past but they didnt feed my soul, which is what I need from someone.

I will say that maybe part of it is due to the fact that I was promiscuous in my youth when I drank and took drugs and slept around with many many men trying to find love......obviously it never happened. By my own hand, I felt used, abused and ashamed.

Maybe this is why Ive cleaned up my act and feel morally superior in myself because I have conquered it and wont accept any sort of casual sex anymore. I would need to be totally in love and in a committed relationship before I could open up sexually....I know that.

I dont think that is a bad thing for me. On the flip side, im not looking for a relationship with someone who isin't compatible with me......and Im on a spiritual journey at the moment and guys dont tend to understand why I want to meditate, pray and study spiritual literature most of the time.......they just think Im a bit weird

Hence why I prefer to stay alone in case Im dragged down into the pits of anxiety and depression again. Hey! Im trying to arise above all this **** ha ha

Yes you seem to have dragged up the pits of my soul here:ninja:

Mark

tee_jay66: Dragging up the pits of people's souls is kinda "my thing." It sounds to me like you're in a good spot for the moment. I am also convinced that your spiritual focus has been real and beneficial for you. Most people on this forum would have found some reason to get defensive by now, but you're still mostly settled. Openness and a willingness to communicate are hallmarks of a spiritual person. So, kudos for that.

I think the important point to note is that you are not asexual. You just now have higher standards than you did before. That's a good thing. That's called "growing up," and it's surprising how many people never do that. You are now better able to be your real self because of it. There isn't anything that I would change about you because you're already doing the changing by yourself.

There is only one thing I would ask of you. Now that you have "upgraded" yourself, please forget everything that the old you thought she knew about sex. It was all lies, propaganda, and assumption that was filtered through a young and unconcerned mind. The one thing you really don't want to do is carry forward that muddled past to drop on whatever man might actually be worthy of you. I want you to learn to be a new you, ever-new and self-refreshing, unburdened by all the things you've been. Then you shall be truly free.

P.S. The snake dream is a call for reunification of self.

tee_jay66

tee_jay66: Dragging up the pits of people's souls is kinda "my thing." It sounds to me like you're in a good spot for the moment. I am also convinced that your spiritual focus has been real and beneficial for you. Most people on this forum would have found some reason to get defensive by now, but you're still mostly settled. Openness and a willingness to communicate are hallmarks of a spiritual person. So, kudos for that.

I think the important point to note is that you are not asexual. You just now have higher standards than you did before. That's a good thing. That's called "growing up," and it's surprising how many people never do that. You are now better able to be your real self because of it. There isn't anything that I would change about you because you're already doing the changing by yourself.

There is only one thing I would ask of you. Now that you have "upgraded" yourself, please forget everything that the old you thought she knew about sex. It was all lies, propaganda, and assumption that was filtered through a young and unconcerned mind. The one thing you really don't want to do is carry forward that muddled past to drop on whatever man might actually be worthy of you. I want you to learn to be a new you, ever-new and self-refreshing, unburdened by all the things you've been. Then you shall be truly free.

P.S. The snake dream is a call for reunification of self.

Hi Mark

Thankyou for your uplifting and positive message. I think I may print it out and stick it on my fridge.

I must be honest with you, I did feel challenged and uncomfortable in some of the issues you brought up but they didnt affect me maybe like they would have done before. It did make me feel unsettled and part of me wished I'd never started the thread ha ha

I secretly hoped you wouldnt have replied again and it would be laid to rest. When I saw you had replied, I prepared myself for another challenge.........but Ive been very humbled and warmed by your reply.......thankyou Mark for taking time to understand me :happy: