What sign activates 'lazy' Venus in Taurus

WannaBeSag

Hello all! I'd appreciate if you could take a look at my chart please.

I'm trying to understand where my tendency for comfort and laziness come from. (I actually have massive goals!) but I can be extremely unmotivated and try to weasel my way out my tasks and just procrastinate all day long not get active.

This usually shows up as an inability to focus on work, especially when something 'bad' is happening in my life that I can worry and obsess about instead.

How can I compartmentalise and just get on with it?

I think my Venus in taurus is partly responsible for this.

Which part of my chart can I use to activate my Venus in Taurus? Or, in general which characteristics can I use to get over this, which signs complement and activate Venus in Taurus?

- I'm thinking that the sextile to Saturn in Cancer is important here but I don't know how.
- Even the Mercury in Cancer sextile can be helpful and again, it eludes me how.
- and the connection to Neptune has something to do with it. Is that a Yod? (I've never looking into this, but this is what I found: "The yod is the symbol of “special” accumulation of forces: special abilities, special karma and anything that can potentially take the person out of the rank of ordinary." Could this formation help?)
- Jupiter in Pisces helps me dig into my purpose of serving and helping others, which can activate me.
- Moon in Capricorn 28 degree can be activated by my opposing Mars 29 degree in Cancer. Activated in a good way hopefully, not an aggravating way. This is where things can combust. I need to activate the Capricorn 29th degree which is the strongest point for Mars. I can activate that with the 'good' energy from the combusted Mars in Cancer 29. It's what I have to work with.
- Libra ASC is beautiful together with Venus in Taurus, but I guess reinforces the ability to luxe and lounge. Not very hands-on.
- My sun connect south node in Gemini is something I came here to heal a few yours ago and it's been going well. I take my space now and take my time. I truly feel I deserve things on a soul level and not from a sense of entitlement. I don't think the Gemini sun has any input into this, only that it might make my dreams and goals a bit far out.

So the Capricorn, Pisces, Cancer placements are beneficial.

Am I on the right path?

Many thanks for looking!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_venus_is_taurus.20377.49482.png
    astro_w2gw_venus_is_taurus.20377.49482.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello all! I'd appreciate if you could take a look at my chart please.

I'm trying to understand where my tendency for comfort and laziness come from. (I actually have massive goals!) but I can be extremely unmotivated and try to weasel my way out my tasks and just procrastinate all day long not get active.

This usually shows up as an inability to focus on work, especially when something 'bad' is happening in my life that I can worry and obsess about instead.

How can I compartmentalise and just get on with it?

I think my Venus in taurus is partly responsible for this.

Which part of my chart can I use to activate my Venus in Taurus? Or, in general which characteristics can I use to get over this, which signs complement and activate Venus in Taurus?

Many thanks for looking!

Let's start with the second question first. To begin with, activating and complementing a placement are two different things. And I think in this matter what is required is activation: that you bring awareness to the behaviour that you don't want to do and then remember your wish, your desire, your intention, not to do it.

To bring awareness to the behaviour, which I do think may be connected to Venus in Taurus, I would follow the ephemeris and see when transiting Sun and Mars make hard aspects to your natal Venus. At these times, Venus in Taurus will be activated and you will likely be able to see it in action [or non-action, as the case may be, spoken to you by a Taurus Sun.:smile:] If you would like to observe and bring awareness to Venus in Taurus in action more frequently than what is shown by transiting Sun and Mars' squares, oppositions and conjunction to natal Venus, then check out the ephemeris and watch Moon make her hard hits to Venus.

All these transiting bodies [Sun, Moon, Mars] by challenging aspect will trigger Venus.

Now, back to the first question: "How can I just get on with it?"

Once you can actually see Venus in action, then you "just get on with it" by remembering what you want; making the choice that fulfills your wishes for yourself. And that is up to you to make that choice. There is no planet or planetary action that can make that choice for you.

But I will tell you that with some practice and commitment, a whole lot of patience and kindness towards yourself when you fail [and you will fail a number of times before you actually remember to do what you want], you CAN make that choice: to remember what you want.

If you really want it, eventually you will do it.

I am truly, truly wishing you the best.

WannaBeSag

Thank you so much for your reply Ilene. You are very wise!

I really like the idea of observing this aspect in action. My awareness so far of the behaviour: I can be lazy and justify not doing the work by obsessing over a daily upset. I obsess so much that I can’t concentrate and go off on a tangent and exhaust myself. Then I have an urge to conserve my energy and protect myself and my emotions and then I need more rest. :pinched::pinched:

You’re so right: being aware of the times I might get triggered to flake away will help me make sure I have a solid schedule in place (that also allows for downtime, not only punishing workflows) because I yo-yo between being super harsh on myself (Moon in 27 Cap opposite Mars in 29 Cancer) VS chilling out as much as I can = Venus in Taurus

I think the Moon/Mars is a big one in this.

I’d love to hear how I could channel the positive traits of this moon/mars to help my Venus. Or neutralise this extreme energy.

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you so much for your reply Ilene. You are very wise!

I think the Moon/Mars is a big one in this.

I’d love to hear how I could channel the positive traits of this moon/mars to help my Venus. Or neutralise this extreme energy.

You are very kind and you are welcome.

Mars is your source of energy, and it is strong: right there on the midheaven. But it is not able to function optimally because it is positioned in the uncomfortable sign of its fall, Cancer.

Your inner feeling life/Moon gets mixed up in Mars' inability to function optimally
as it, like Mars, also acts
from a place of strength by position on an angle and
from a place weakness by sign, in it detriment in Capricorn.

Further, Moon and Mars reside in a field of conflicting energy, opposing each other and in mutual reception [look up the definition].

These are all interesting combinations of strengths and weaknesses, like all humans are.

Mutual reception inextricably reinforces or binds Moon Mars together in their respective inabilities to function optimally. They can function, and they can function pretty well, but the cannot really function optimally.
All that I describe astrologically here you already know; you just wrote a description of it in your last post.

And I will return to this matter: there is not way to compartmentalize and there is no way to neutralize the energies you describe. The only thing you can do is become very present with them when they come forth, get to know them very well. Be kind to those parts of yourself that are feeling the need for expression of laziness, disconnect and so on. Maybe in a quiet moment at home by yourself you might imagine asking those parts what they might need to feel more comfortable with engaging the world wholeheartedly and other parts of you truly wish to do. And then listen for a moment to see to what those parts, perhaps those younger parts or injured parts of you might say to you? You can do this all in your imagination, sitting quietly in your home for a few moments.

You can also track transiting hard hits from Sun Mars and Moon to see more clearly when this lazy/disconnect happens.

But again, however you choose, be aware of the old, deeply ingrained reactions/habits in you as they arise.
And then recall, remember, what you want, what really matters to you. And then do that.
Even in the presence of laziness and disconnect, let laziness and disconnect know that they are not your enemies. They can come along. But you, your larger whole Self, have other things you would like to do right now, too. :smile:

Last edited:

blacksun?

Venus in Taurus is a good placement, certainly not an indicator of laziness - surely of love of good things but thats not laziness.

What stands out as a hindering, energy-killing influence is Mars opposed Moon.

Mars, vitality, opposed Moon, the body - conflict between will and body.

AstrologyMangalBhawan

Nowadays, astrology has its own importance and people consider it ideal for help in various aspects of their life. People consider according to their zodiac sign to encounter a particular prosperity of zodiac signs and planets. In this narration, we will consider how Venus in Taurus can be kept 'lazy' and how this can have positive results in our lives.

Taurus and Venus:
Taurus is said to be the place in Taurus transit, in which Venus maintains its importance. Venus is a symbol of learning, art, beauty, and social relations. In this transit, making Venus 'lazy' can be a common challenge, but it can also be a unique way for us to get her active boost.

Which sign activates lazy Venus?

Pushya Nakshatra:

Pushya Nakshatra is part of the Taurus constellation and is considered the constellation of Venus. To activate Venus in Pushya Nakshatra, people should try to overcome laziness especially on the day of this Nakshatra.

Bhrigu Samhita Symbol:
It is said in the Bhrigu Samhita that people of Taurus zodiac sign should keep white colored ashram in their house. This may increase the activity of Venus.

Remedies related to metal:
Taurus sign people should wear gold and copper jewelry, which are metals and can encourage Venus.

ending:
Activating 'lazy' Venus in Taurus is a careful process, but it can improve the aesthetics, art, and social relationships in our lives. Accepting this challenge, we should try to improve our habits and make sure that we keep Venus active and pleasant.