Can someone tell what is my dominant planet?

junejune

According to astro.com, my dominant planet is Venus and dominant sign is Virgo. But I came across to some other forums saying that simple chart delineation there doesn't seem to give accurate results. So.. what do you think is my dominant planet and sign? My guess is either Venus/Neptune. In planets, I clearly have no idea.. but I'll guess anyway :tongue: Is it Capricorn? :smile:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_jj_pills_he.37187.29505.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_jj_pills_he.37187.29505.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 67

Kannon

In principle the dominant planet is the one closest to the Asc, or if there is none rising anywhere near the Asc, the one closest to the MC. This means conjunctions or parallels by planets to the Asc or MC of the chart are dominant. In your case it could be Neptune, Uranus, and/or Jupiter.

flea

There are lots of different methods of coming up with an answer. Though the chart contains many varying themes, it is a complex system, and I am still working out my chart after 10 years, i expect it will take a life time.

I often just have a look at noticing which planet or sign is catching my attention at anyone time and going with that. Transits also push me to look at different parts of my chart, as certain things in my life get activated. So pluto transiting my sun got me interested in astrology quite deeply and that is where i started to really look in depth. Now jupiter on my ascendent is coming up in a lot of transits and that is where my attention is drawn, especially as I starting lots of different things at the moment.

X

dr. farr

For me it would be Venus/Moon as dominant planets, followed closely by Mercury (Moon and Mercury are in mutual reception), as dispositors of the chart elements.
Moon might be more dominant because of being elevated above Venus (and Mercury), also being master of the night (this being a night chart); however, Moon is posited in its house of sorrow (whole sign 9th house), and cadent (9th house); Mercury too is in its house of sorrow (7th whole sign house), although strengthened by being angular. Venus is in a succendent house and, unlike either Moon or Mercury, is in its domicile ("rulership") of Taurus; Venus also posits a Bright Degree of Taurus.
So, if pressed, I'd have to say I consider Venus the likely lord of the nativity, but I think for practical delineative and/or predictive purposes I would consider Venus/Moon as co-dominants, with Mercury as completing the "trio".

junejune

Sorry for the late reply! I've been busy last week because of school stuffs. Thank you for your interpretations! I appreciate it! :smile:

Joswan

First of all. I'm jealous of your chart :wink:

You have a demure earth quality in yours. Your ruler of the chart is Saturn

and the highest planet in your chart is Jupiter (culminating) but alas..it squared :( your sun...otherwise you'll might get luckier than you thought

junejune

First of all. I'm jealous of your chart :wink:

You have a demure earth quality in yours. Your ruler of the chart is Saturn

and the highest planet in your chart is Jupiter (culminating) but alas..it squared :( your sun...otherwise you'll might get luckier than you thought

Awwww. It's okay. We all have afflicted aspects. Gotta deal with it :wink: Thank you! :smile:

waybread

I would vote for Venus, as it is the one planet "domiciled" in its own sign of Taurus. It rules your midheaven and you have an elevated Venusian Jupiter, as well. Are you at all artistic (or merely accused of having excellent taste)? It would seem so!

junejune

Are you at all artistic (or merely accused of having excellent taste)? It would seem so!

I don't think I'm artistic. Hehe. I mean, I can't even draw! But I guess I'm very picky :tongue: It would even take me a day to find a dress/clothes I want. Sometimes, I can't even pick at all :lol: