The Finger Of God. (Yod)

EJ53

Banned
...At the moment we have a couple of yods going on in transits....Mars sextile Saturn with Venus as the apex...Mars as the apex and Venus and pluto sextile.......I feel concern for kids being born right now with what I see as 2 yods and Venus being involved in both of them, but one day these kids are going to be consulting astrologers about it so it's good that we are doing our homework
The Huber School of Astrology also describe this whole Venus/Mars/Saturn/Pluto configuration as a "bathtub", Lilly......in which the Mars/Saturn and Venus/Pluto sextiles act as walls, striving to "keep what they have at any price"...[Page 217 of Aspect Pattern Astrology by Bruno and Louise Huber/Michael Alexander Huber]

Arian Maverick

The Huber School of Astrology also describe this whole Venus/Mars/Saturn/Pluto configuration as a "bathtub", Lilly......in which the Mars/Saturn and Venus/Pluto sextiles act as walls, striving to "keep what they have at any price"...[Page 217 of Aspect Pattern Astrology by Bruno and Louise Huber/Michael Alexander Huber]

EJ, could you possibly elaborate more upon this? I have this "bathtub" configuration in my natal chart, and I've strived to find a name for it for years. I've referred to it as "double yod" or "two connected yods" in various posts on the forum because I hadn't located a proper name.

Arian Maverick

StarReader

hi everyone and thanks Vivienne for the original post

I found this discussion very interesting and informative. I found EJ53's 5 step interpretation very good.

And Gaer's comments useful---- 'different people define yods differently, so I find it useful to define all three-planet configurations that contain two inconjuncts and a sextile as yods, then simply think about how they are most likely to work together.'

But I wonder if Lilyjgc could expand on the comment -

'I feel concern for kids being born right now with what I see as 2 yods and Venus being involved in both of them'

Thanks

waybread

Whether or not one calls two quincunxes sharing one planet and having planets that sextile one another a "yod" or something different, that planet at the apex is going to get a double-dose of "adjustment" pressures on it, yet the sextiling planets should theoretically help out the situation considerably by virtue of their favourable aspect. The really stressful "pointer" I believe is a Thor's Hammer, with two sequi-squares plus a square.

By transit, I believe sometimes yods do appear in the charts of people when a loved one dies. Not every death of a family member requires a big adjustment by the survivors, but some do.

With two yods, the February 16 chart is interesting. Mars retrograde nearly forms the handle of a "bucket" formation--except for Saturn. I once knew someone with Mars retrograde in that "outlier" position, and I would say that developing a secure sense of his adult masculinity and assertiveness were real problems for him.

EJ53

Banned
EJ, could you possibly elaborate more upon this "bathtub" configuration...
Hi AM......Here's 100 words quoted from page 217 of Aspect Pattern Astrology by Bruno and Louise Huber/Michael Alexander Huber :-

"(These people) aspire to keep what they have at any price. They cleverly avoid losses, want to keep everything together and make every effort not to dissipate their energies......can often get into trouble if he thinks too simplistically. If he has put his world in order to some extent, he is at peace. However, the world can have a very disruptive effect on this peace......tendency to subjectivity and sensitivity when it comes to evaluating perceptions......to see things too positively, too rosily; they are too trusting......The learning in this figure is characterised by long and hard experience......"

Of course AM, the planets/signs/houses involved in the bathtub configuration will significantly "colour" these quoted generalities......For example, your Pluto/Mars qcx (the open top of the bathtub) points to the "IC/DC" chart segment, indicating a tendency to surrender your power to others, in order to "belong"......which the bathtub "simplistically" sees as a way to "get on with others", until the world disrupts this erroneous belief.

Arian Maverick

Thank you, EJ! I've always been perplexed by this configuration, which comprises every planet in my natal chart except the Moon, Jupiter, and Uranus. Perhaps I'll order this book for my birthday in less than two months; it seems like a handy reference tool.

Just out of curiosity, how would you interpret the recent bathtub configuration?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Moulin

I think i have a yod.

pluto 20' virgo
uranus 25' virgo

neptune 25' scorpio

venus 21' aries

Would that be right or is the orb too big? :)

Natasha

I have found that Yods in natal charts can reflect a person’s need to make large adjustments in their life so they move onto the next stage of their life
It seems that people with Yods may try to do a work around to keep the situation which is no longer relevant for them This seems to sometimes result in health issues coming up for them
For example someone who remain for decades at a place of work even tho they may have relocated their residence to a considerable distance away. They may keep trying alternatives like renting staying with family boarding etc and each seem to break down but they keep trying.

So they keep adjusting things so they keep the same larger situation even tho it has long outlived its usefulness or enjoyment for them

Quincunx are by their nature about adjustment but the yod seems to ask that we can make the larger adjustments to move on with our life for our own happiness and inner peace. This seems to be one of the challenges of the natal yod

Moulin

Actually, i have another yod..

AC 19' aquarius
Pluto 20' virgo
saturn/NN/moon/venus 18' 18' 19' 21' aries !!

does the AC count, does anyone know? :)

EJ53

Banned
I think i have a yod...Would that be right or is the orb too big? :)
Hi Moulin......Good to see you back on the forum.

On "cold readings", I use an orb of 1.5 degrees for the qcx and 2 degrees for the sextile......but extend that if the person is likely to be sensitive to planetary influences......(For example, people with more than a superficial "sun-sign" interest in astrology).

In your case, the "cold" Pluto/Uranus mid-point is qcx Venus and sextile Neptune......and I'd expect you to respond to the influence of the 4 degree Venus/Neptune qcx.....So "if it feels like a Yod to You", it is a Yod (imo).

[The other is a Saturn/Pluto qcx that expresses itself through your Ascendant, and therefore affects how you see (and are seen by) strangers/those who do not know you well.]​
_____________________________________​
...Perhaps I'll order this book...it seems like a handy reference tool.
For those interested in "astrological psychology" AM, the book identifies some 45 configurations (and gives guidelines on their interpretation)...but, I think it can now only be purchased directly from :-
http://www.astrologicalpsychology.org/bookspublic01/index.html

Just out of curiosity, how would you interpret the recent bathtub configuration?
I'd consider them first as two yods......Mars/Saturn/Venus perhaps being about assertiveness (Mars) and control (Saturn) in relationships (Venus)......and Venus/Pluto/Mars maybe being about inspiring/charming (Venus in Pisces) those in positions of power (Pluto in Capricorn) to empower the individual (Mars in Leo).

Then, I'd link the two yods via their common qcx......Mars in Leo/Venus in Pisces......People (Mars/Venus) struggling (qcx) to be an individual within the whole (Leo/Pisces).

Next, I'd consider how the bathtub characteristics might apply......This time, the qcx/open top relates to Venus/Mars (assertiveness in relationships) and faces the AC/MC segment (self in society)......perhaps suggesting a tendency to "simplify" life by not getting involved with "politics", until the world does something to rudely awaken them.

Finally, I'd attempt a synthesis......maybe concluding that this group is here to point the way to Aquarian Age values......when each of us will be required to make our own unique contribution to society, and "non-participation or opting-out" will no longer be allowed/tolerated.

Last edited:

Moulin

Interesting about the bath tub configuration!

Thanks EJ53 for welcoming me back :)

Scratch all of the above! I just received my chart rectification and i have Aries 23' AC. zzzzz

So sorry to waste your time :(

I still a yod.

AC aries 23' (attached to a stellium of venus 21' aries, moon 20' aries, NN 18' aries, Saturn 17' aries)
Pluto virgo 25'
uranus scorpio 25'

I have no idea what it means though except that i suppose it focuses itself on my AC :surprised:

Last edited:

Moulin

yes, sorry!
Not sure where my head was last night. :sideways:

Is it of interest that the apex of my yod attaches to my stellium or not really?
People always see me as cute, sweet and intense. Some even think i'm scorpio AC cos i'm so intense. Not in a dark way, just full on. I guess this could be my stellium all being at the apex of that yod.

Thank EJ :happy:

EJ53

Banned
..Is it of interest that the apex of my yod attaches to my stellium or not really?...
Yes it is, Moulin......the apex is the focal point of a Yod, where the Finger points to it's purpose......Moon/Venus/Saturn/NN in Aries/12th can be interpreted in lots of ways depending upon the keywords used, so only you can do this correctly (from personal experience/knowledge)......but for example, it could about learning to be emotionally independant in relationships with life's 12th house "victims".

Moulin

Ok many thanks EJ :)

I get where you are coming from. I can feel the yod actually, and i can now see where it comes into my relationships :)

StillOne

just prowling the net on a saturday night... found this link on yods that i thot had some good info:
http://darkstarastrology.com/yod/

this quote i can strongly relate to:

Alan J. Ouimet quotes the astrologer Bil Tierney (Dynamics of Aspect Analysis), describing the Yod as “arriving at a fork in the road and having to proceed in one direction rather than another without knowing where it will lead to…activation of the Yod will cause the dropping, or psychologically letting go, of certain interests and habits in order to become involved in what is showing on the horizon“. Regarding the “fork in the road”, if you take a direction other than the one God has chosen for you, then the universe is likely to give you a kick in the pants. The further you stray from the destined path, the harder the kick.

Last edited:

stainedBlue

just prowling the net on a saturday night... lone wolf style! found this link on yods that i thot had some good info:
http://darkstarastrology.com/yod/

My own view of the yod differs a bit from the quote you gave. I think it's more like a fork in the road where, whichever route you decide to take, there's a nagging doubt in your mind that the other route was the better one. It's a constant conflict of which one to take, reinforced by the frequent hard knocks experienced while venturing each route, all of which leads to a lot of backtracking as you try to cover ground in both paths. However, there's an accumulation of experience from repeatedly traveling and backtracking each that eventually brings the two into harmony to become one, forming one path that the native can travel proficiently and with great wisdom.

Food for thought, at least.

I cee

Great link Stillone, very interesting article, also, hadn't thought of looking at the yod as midpoints.....obvious really!

Think helps get head around this configuration better:andy:

I liked this part!!!

“to develop a great sense of individuality and self confidence.*This person may have to play the role of the rescuer and the victim, over and over again, until they develop an understanding of personal and collective service. In relating to others they will explore realms of experiences that are not understood at an ordinary level as it will include collective unconscious patterns of*behavior. He or she will have to meet inner standards rather than conform to social standards of*behavior. Because of this, the person will set in motion misunderstanding and aggressive responses, from the environment.”