positives to neptune

OuterPlanets89

I said it in another thread, but Neptune isn't any more negative than the other outer planets. It's just the one whose core goes against modern society the most (in the US).

I love Neptune because it gives a deeper empathy, imagination, creativity, and interconnected-ness to a person. I find that an evolved Neptunian person is often the most unconditionally "good" to others (people, animals and nature).

The problem is that an overly Neptunian person may struggle more to survive in a Capitalist dog-eat-dog society than say, a Plutonian, Saturnian or Uranian person would. Their reality may feel so far off from the "real world" that escapism is common.

--

I sometimes see the outer planets as similar to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

- Saturn represents Safety, and the work/responsibility that it takes to ensure present and future "safety." Saturn's forces are strong and can easily overpower other energies, causing rigidity/limited thinking in bad cases.
- Uranus represents Freedom/Individuality, and the unique perspective it takes to change things. Too much Uranus can make one unpredictable and unattached, making it difficult to create the change they want.
- Neptune represents Self-Actualization, and our connectedness to everything around us. Too much Neptune can limit one's practicality and groundedness.
- Pluto represents Survival, because at the core of all living things, we must prioritize this before all else, even actualization. Strong Pluto in the chart is the heaviest energy, and can create people who are manipulative.

Naturally all four can get out of hand quickly, but only Neptune works directly against traditional definitions of societal success (in the US).

The Pluto/Neptune interchange and overlapping orbits are interesting, as they kind of mimic the nature vs. grace binary.

david starling

In ancient Rome, Saturn was considered the cause of accidents. That's why the Romans chose Saturday (Saturn's day, with Saturn as the 7th member of astrology's Sun, Moon, and planets) as the last day of the week, and a non-work day. Not a day of prayer, but a day of leisure.

Same with the Saturnalia, a festival of leisure, celebrating, and partying during the onset of the Solar ingress into Capricorn. It began with a ritual animal sacrifice at the Temple of Saturn to propitiate the fear-inspiring god.

I don't consider Saturn as being about safety itself, but fear of what will happen if one DOESN'T follow Saturn's dictates. I totally agree that Neptune works against surrender to Saturn's demands and Saturnian precepts.

Last edited: