Mixed Signals Job Search Horary

twistandshout

My job search has changed directions recently and I've decided to shoot a real hail mary and go for the kind of positions that I've long since been too intimidated to go for. Trying to apply for the same jobs I usually do has been yielding weirdly frustrating results (been jerked around continually as per my previous thread) so I've just taken that as a sign to just straight up go for the gold. Decided to draw up a new chart on this one, so input definitely appreciated. Leaving the old one as is since that's pertaining to a different job search entirely.

The question for this was: Will I get a job doing [X]?

To be honest, not really sure how to read this. The Moon is combust but that's accurate for how I feel about this - very overwhelmed and very intimidated (it's an incredibly specialized line of work that the way of entry is incredibly limited). Mercury (10h ruler) is in it's sign of fall but in My (Jupiter's) sign of Pisces. It is applying to Jupiter (me) in a square, but will perfect a sextile to Saturn (2nd and 3rd house ruler, it's turned 5H which would be relevant since it's Arts related and 6H) before it perfects that square.

In fact, everything seems to be moving to perfect an aspect with Saturn before it perfects an aspect with Jupiter so it's not looking to good.

Using dr. farr's magic 8 ball method, however, it would yield a yes since Midheaven is ruled by Mercury so we'll see I guess?

Attachments

• horary-jobq.jpg
    horary-jobq.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 41

waybread

You look very strong, as a domiciled Jupiter, but the moon is combust and Mercury is in its fall. It applies to a sextile with Saturn, followed by a square with Jupiter. I would view Saturn as a prohibition.

You may be in a very competitive field, with very few jobs available.

You might think about how you are presenting yourself and your qualifications. Maybe your applications could use some improvement. You might ask someone in your field to look over your c.v. and letter of application, and make suggestions. What about reference.

A job deferred is not a career denied.

JUPITERASC

My job search has changed directions recently and I've decided to shoot a real hail mary and go for the kind of positions that I've long since been too intimidated to go for. Trying to apply for the same jobs I usually do has been yielding weirdly frustrating results (been jerked around continually as per my previous thread) so I've just taken that as a sign to just straight up go for the gold. Decided to draw up a new chart on this one, so input definitely appreciated. Leaving the old one as is since that's pertaining to a different job search entirely.

The question for this was: Will I get a job doing [X]?

To be honest, not really sure how to read this. The Moon is combust but that's accurate for how I feel about this - very overwhelmed and very intimidated (it's an incredibly specialized line of work that the way of entry is incredibly limited). Mercury (10h ruler) is in it's sign of fall but in My (Jupiter's) sign of Pisces. It is applying to Jupiter (me) in a square, but will perfect a sextile to Saturn (2nd and 3rd house ruler, it's turned 5H which would be relevant since it's Arts related and 6H) before it perfects that square.

In fact, everything seems to be moving to perfect an aspect with Saturn before it perfects an aspect with Jupiter so it's not looking to good.

Using dr. farr's magic 8 ball method, however, it would yield a yes since Midheaven is ruled by Mercury so we'll see I guess?
Keep us updated :smile:

twistandshout

You look very strong, as a domiciled Jupiter, but the moon is combust and Mercury is in its fall. It applies to a sextile with Saturn, followed by a square with Jupiter. I would view Saturn as a prohibition.

You may be in a very competitive field, with very few jobs available.

You might think about how you are presenting yourself and your qualifications. Maybe your applications could use some improvement. You might ask someone in your field to look over your c.v. and letter of application, and make suggestions. What about reference.

A job deferred is not a career denied.

I'v unfortunately already tried all of that during the previous part of my job search (was looking in the same industry and was just trying to connect and find out about any opportunities before hand) and it lead no where. It's why I'm in the current position that I'm in.

I'm wondering what Saturn would be here? If it rule the 7th house I'd see it openly as other competition but I'm scratching my head here over what it could represent.

twistandshout

In your money house, possibly a lack of funds.

I guess this has me scratching my head. If it was in the money house for the job or company I can see why it'd be an issue but with it sitting in my own I don't see how that's a block for employment since that's... usually why people get jobs isn't it ahaha

Chrysalis

Moon squares saturn, not sextiles, this is a difficult obstacle saturn brings, and even more so with this being a night chart.

Saturn rules your 3rd [as well as your 2nd], 3rd would be the job applications, which im seeing as more rejections before you get anywhere.

Do you owe money, would you need to borrow money for this particular job ? You've got some sort of H2/H8 issue to deal with first.

twistandshout

Moon squares saturn, not sextiles, this is a difficult obstacle saturn brings, and even more so with this being a night chart.

Saturn rules your 3rd [as well as your 2nd], 3rd would be the job applications, which im seeing as more rejections before you get anywhere.

Do you owe money, would you need to borrow money for this particular job ? You've got some sort of H2/H8 issue to deal with first.

Loans I've heard are associated with the 6th house? But that's irrelevant.

I guess it just clicked that if there's a financial matter that might make the process difficult then it's my salary requirement.

I've got a very long history of working jobs and being underpaid. I tend to go into work with the mindset of trusting my employer to pay me an appropriate amount to compensate me for the work that I do and unfortunately :p that hasn't been the case. It doesn't help that I tend to work in industries and jobs where the majority of the work force is male so that inherently puts me at a disadvantage pay wise. So part of what I've been doing over the last few months is just taking the time to do research on the companies/jobs I'm applying for, seeing what their offering pay rate tends to be for new hires and making sure that my salary requirement is in there. Surprisingly enough, I had one job I applied for last year where the recorded rate was publicly stated as being the amount that I requested and they actively tried to low ball me and say I wasn't worth that amount in spite of my extensive work history specializing in that specific job lol

So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that were a hindrance. I've talked with friends about how things tend to go for them with negotiations and they don't seem to have as much trouble as I do which has also been a pretty weird thing to realize.

This is making me look at the aspect Mercury is making though in a new light and chewing on it. Mercury sextiling Saturn would read as a job that would be willing to pay me the amount. But it applying to Jupiter and it being a stress aspect right after would mean some stress would come with it. Well. My new search now would put me in a leadership role, which does intimidate me, I'll be pretty frank about that. It's not the kind of work I was initially setting out to do because it would ask a lot of me and, of course you know blah blah what if I'm not able to step up to the plate blah blah all that fun insecurity stuff which I can very clearly see with that combust moon now.

twistandshout

Okay! So. Here's an updated chart and I'll just keep anything related to my new job search in here. I drew a new one because I shifted my way of applying for things and I'll admit I'm pretty shocked at how this turned out.

The question asked was simple: Will this new approach land me a job?

I'm venus and the job is now the Moon. Venus is in Pisces so it's exalted. Makes sense. I ended up doing a ton of reassembling of my work this past week and pumped out some new stuff. I'm feeling pretty good since this application now feels reflective of Me and what I actually like to do and excel at. I also kind of stopped caring about what the jobs I'm applying for are asking and am just going for it, lack of experience be damned.

I'm placed in the 6th house of work which also makes sense for the question.

Moon is in Cancer so it does not receive me. However, the next aspects the moon is going to apply is a trine to Venus which... seems like a pretty quick and easy hiring???

Not sure if I'm being overly optimistic here but ah... maybe? We'll see I guess.

Attachments

• Job-Update.jpg
    Job-Update.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited: