are the new energies changing the rules of astrology?

flea

I am wondering...and in my experimentation divination techniques seem to give answers that are right for that moment, but mecause we can all change so quickly at the moment, can not be relevant even a month later.

So I am wondering if that is worth considering in astrology...the science of astrology says that becasue it has happened that way so many times before...it is like to be that way again. The energies have been so strong even recently and my healing path so involved and focused that I am not sure that acepted understandings of my chart hold anymore?

Just a puzzling thought I wanted to throw out for discussion....I am not necessarily fixed on the idea...more trying it on for size and testing it out.

FleaXX

freedomlover

I am wondering...and in my experimentation divination techniques seem to give answers that are right for that moment, but mecause we can all change so quickly at the moment, can not be relevant even a month later.

So I am wondering if that is worth considering in astrology...the science of astrology says that becasue it has happened that way so many times before...it is like to be that way again. The energies have been so strong even recently and my healing path so involved and focused that I am not sure that acepted understandings of my chart hold anymore?

Just a puzzling thought I wanted to throw out for discussion....I am not necessarily fixed on the idea...more trying it on for size and testing it out.

FleaXX

Well, I will say this:

When I was learning tarot about 9 years ago, I had an excellent mentor who was a professional psychic and also had Indian medicine woman roots.
She told me that the outcome of the reading could completely change if I made another choice that impacted the reading.

For instance, she would do a chakra reading on me, then do some energy work on balancing my chakras. Sure enough, when she went back and did the same reading, it was reflecting the change.

I've found this true in "horary" or "snapshots of the energies" charts, as I like to call them. I can ask about something, and if it isn't clear, the chart will show me what needs to change. Then, if I later get this obstacle resolved, I can go back and ask again, and I will get a better answer. Clearing the obstacle obviously affects the answer you get through horary astrology. I do not believe you ALWAYS have to wait the 3 -6 months or whatever, to ask again IF you have changed your choices/the way you are directing your energy. ( OF course, this applies to the other person's choices/way they are directing their energy, as well).

I hope that came out clearly... you know me... :eek:

flea

ahh yes very clearly....interesting...kinda instant ability to shift and change...thats exciting. Not too stable...but saggy sun likes change so i'm lucky....ah jupiter is lucky to maybe i willlearn that some day.

FleaXX

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Unfortunately, the rules of astrology have already changed once back in the 1880s thanks to the misguided money-seeking workings of one man. It's only recently that these notions have been challenged by resurrection of the previous rules.

The revolutions of the spheres don't change, the signs don't change, the aspects don't change, etc, etc. The only thing that changes is man's attempt to change everything to fit his worldview and his attempt to grasp at false hope.

Are new energies changing the rules of astrology? Hardly. I'm pretty sure arrogance can hardly be termed "new".

flea

which man?? sounds a story worth sharing.

Not talking about aspects changing just our interpretations of what results the pattern of the spheres indicate.

FleaXX

freedomlover

Addressing your question specifically, Flea... ( I only commented on this before):

...... I don't think the "rules" of Astrology are changing. I think there are just some things that we are noticing about the way it works that was not noticed in the past.

freedomlover

The stars have been here a lot longer than we have, and they'll be here long after we're gone. They aren't going to change. If we want to understand them, we have to change.

Yes! That is what I was trying to say in my last post. I do not think Astrology has changed. I think WE are changing, and therefore discovering "new" things about Astrology that have actually been there all along.

flea

thankyou olivia.....
i love your quote that i paraphrase if we are to ubderstand the stars WE have to change.

Thanks for filling me in on the story. What do you think about Rudolph Steiner...he was a theosiphist fo a while and was quite a profound thinker?

I just wonder that the universe is forever changing so the stories it has to tell us evolve too??

FleaXX

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Yes! That is what I was trying to say in my last post. I do not think Astrology has changed. I think WE are changing, and therefore discovering "new" things about Astrology that have actually been there all along.

No, what Olivia means is that astrology never changes or fluctuates and that if we are to understand it we are the ones who have to change our worldview to be compatible with the laws set down long before man walked the earth. Not that we discover new asteroids to throw into the mix that were fluttering about in space before we developed the high-powered telescopes necessary to see them.

freedomlover

No, what Olivia means is that astrology never changes or fluctuates and that if we are to understand it we are the ones who have to change our worldview to be compatible with the laws set down long before man walked the earth. Not that we discover new asteroids to throw into the mix that were fluttering about in space before we developed the high-powered telescopes necessary to see them.

You know, Kai- there is always more than one viewpoint to every scenario. You can interpret the chart your way - "according to the rules of the ancients" and get some valid information. I - and others- who use the newer techniques can look at that same chart, and also get some valid information. It's just two different ways of looking at it.

I'm not knocking your way ( the old ways) in the least. In fact, if I had a chart-reading for myself done, I would want someone with your expertise to look at it, AND someone who uses the kinds of techniques I use. That would be the best of both worlds.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
You know, Kai- there is always more than one viewpoint to every scenario. You can interpret the chart your way - "according to the rules of the ancients" and get some valid information. I - and others- who use the newer techniques can look at that same chart, and also get some valid information. It's just two different ways of looking at it.

In most cases you would be correct, but astrology is a lot like reading. Letters and words always mean the same thing and that's the reason why people can read books written by different authors and about different topics and what-have-you. People generally reach the same conclusions in astrology charts because they operate off of the same base system and can follow a set of rules that are used to help guide an astrologer down their path.

Essentially what has become of astrology is everyone is making up their own alphabet when they are writing their books. At least, that's my viewpoint on the matter. It's confusing out there.

freedomlover

In most cases you would be correct, but astrology is a lot like reading. Letters and words always mean the same thing and that's the reason why people can read books written by different authors and about different topics and what-have-you. People generally reach the same conclusions in astrology charts because they operate off of the same base system and can follow a set of rules that are used to help guide an astrologer down their path.

Essentially what has become of astrology is everyone is making up their own alphabet when they are writing their books. At least, that's my viewpoint on the matter. It's confusing out there.

I see where you are coming from... but let me ask you this... IF I and the many others who read as I do, are doing it "all wrong/not according to the rules"... then how are we spot on with the majority of our readings?
And you are doing it a completely different way than we are - according to the rules you choose to follow, but yet, have a very high accuracy record, as well? How can we both be "correct" experentially, if you are the only doing it in such a way that will produce "correct results"?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
The obvious answer is that we are not both as correct as we would like to be and we are correct about different things. I'm generally correct/incorrect about the outcome of a question. Where the car keys are. If there's going to be a relationship in the future. From what I've observed, your methods tend to focus on things like why the car keys are important to the person and what karmic thing is keeping someone from a relationship. It's as if we have two completely different focuses which goes right back to inventing different letters.

flea

So what are we experiencing at the moment.....is it just that the earth is moving through a different part of the universe....I do not mean that our view of the universe is changing .....but that the actual universe is growing and changing all we know and what we dont know....like some of the stars we see burned out millions of years ago....is it really that static....that is my pondering about the sky and its various interpretations.

Dont seem to be making myself heard as i want to be but will be perservering...

FleaXX

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
The Earth may or may not be moving through a different part of the universe (I assume it is because we just follow along with the Milky Way and it moves), but we're not being thrown through it by ourselves. The entire solar system and adjacent solar systems are coming with us. Everything that is apparent and bringing truth down to us is still the same as it was. That's how I see it, anyway the universe as we can see it (and consequently what it means to us) being static overall.

Trying not to lose you in the discussion, Flea. :D

flea

hmmmm I am thinking that there are two scools of thought brought out by this discussion one is that the is a static universe and another that has a universe in flux.....would people agreee on on the issue of there being two versions???

FleaXX

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
EJ,
So......the traditional astrology rule is "if we cannot see it, we ignore it because it doesn't affect us"...but modern technology enables us to see it...so, do we still ignore it because it doesn't affect us?

Lots of things are *there* that don't affect us.I don't think we need to get into a discussion on which planets /asteroids/fixed stars/comets etc *affect *us, because that's not really the point here.
Astrology limits its practice to a set number of planets that have *stood the test of time* in terms of their predictable movement around the sky.
Now we know for a fact that the Universe is not static-it's forever changing and the orbits of all planets have altered ,if even only slightly, over Time.
My adage is *As above, so Below*(It's not original btw)
If things change *above* then they will change *below*.
However, in relation to the interesting question you raise, Flea, about these changes we are witnessing *below* (or *within* even) I dont think they affect the rules of Astrology because by following the rules we are able to recognise and understand these changes. In other words, there are descriptors of change in the existing framework of astrology.
Flea, You said:
The energies have been so strong even recently and my healing path so involved and focused that I am not sure that acepted understandings of my chart hold anymore?

I'm just wondering if these changes might be more reflected in your Progressed chart?
I think we can interpret our charts on several levels-when we are children, our chart plays out in a different way than it does when we become adults.The emphasis changes from the 4th/10th house axis of our parents, and moves more toward our H1/h7 axis. From what you say there seems to be an emphasis on h9 matters at the moment for you. I think as we go through developmental changes it is very much reflected in our chart and certain houses seem to play a more significant role than others at such times.
I'm wondering if this is what is happening to you at the moment?
Cheers
Lilly

flea

ahh good point are my feelings related to the personal or universal....will have to put that thinking hat on!!

my ninth house is indeed full in my current prog chart!! sat mars chiron and moon...also aqu is pretty full sun venus moon and mars and merc will join them in a few years. Sun and merc in the seventh house.

FleaXX

Last edited:

flea

maybe i am not so much talking about the rules...though i do think is an important question to question at the moment.....but more our interpretations and what is a good or a bad influence...i tend to see them as benign in some ways and it is what atmosphere we bring to them that changes things. So malefic or squares are not seen as much in the negative light as they have been....becaus eof the evolution of humanity??

FleaXX