Administrative assistant - 6th or 10th house

triplecancer

Hello

The question I asked was “Will I get the job?”. I applied for an administrative assistant job at an embassy. I’m not sure if I should use 6th or 10th house. I know there are some astrologers who say that 10th house is more for management jobs, and 6th house more for this type of job (assistant). But then there are some astrologers who say that the 6th house is for employees who work for you, and 10th house for all jobs. So, I’m confused.

If I use the 10th house, then that means that I am Venus and job is Moon. Moon (faces) is applying a sextile to Venus (domicile) which is positive, but there is no reception between them. Could this still be a yes?

If I use the 6th house, then that means that I am Venus and job is Jupiter. Venus (domicile) is separating from Jupiter (domicile), but Moon is applying conjunction to Jupiter so translating light to Venus, right? Jupiter is in the terms of Venus and Venus is in the terms of Jupiter. Would this be considered a mutual reception?

The last aspect the Moon makes is the sextile to Venus (Mars changes sign before the Moon, so that wouldn’t be the last aspect). The answer seems like a yes to me, especially if taking the 6th house as job.

What do you think? I’m not very experienced with Horary, so I would appreciate other opinions. Thanks!

Attachments

• will i get the job.png
    will i get the job.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 46

Amit89

In my opinion job is 6th house so we take the 6th ruler.

6th ruler is conjuct moon so this seems the answer should be positive.

triplecancer

Thank you Amit89.

I have been invited for an interview which will take place in 10 days.

I have another question regarding end of matter. I know that some astrologers look at the chart 4th house for the end of matter and others look at the 4th house of the question. So in this case it would be 9th house (4th from 6th) and the ruler is mercury in scorpio which is opposite uranus. How do we interpret this? If we use the 10th for job, then the 4th is 1st house (same as querent, me). Does that mean the the job ends in me? I don't really know how to analyse end of matter.

waybread

3Cancer, there are several ways we could look at this. I agree that the 6th indicates people who do some work for you. The 10th is more your vocation so if you see this position as a big career enhancement, you can use the 10th. The 10th would also be your supervisor, so you can see if s/he's favourably disposed towards you.

I think things look promising. With Libra on the ascendant, you are symbolized by an angular, domiciled Venus, as well as co-significator Mercury.

The 6th house is traditionally ruled by Jupiter, and the moon (your emotional stake in the matter) applies to a conjunction with a domiciled Jupiter. Their second house placement makes me think that money is your big consideration.

The 10th house is ruled by the moon. There's some reception here, with Venus in its terms in Sagittarius, and Jupiter in its terms in Libra.

Good luck, and please let us know what happens!

triplecancer

Thank you waybread for your reply.

This past Tuesday I had the interview and today I received an email saying I have not been chosen for the position.

I'd like to know what in the chart indicates this negative outcome. What do you think?

Honestly, most horary questions I ask always seem to be negative and this one seemed really positive to me.

Thanks!

waybread

Too bad-- and with 3 of us thinking it looked positive.

TripleCancer, can you say now in hindsight what this job meant to you as your #1 concern? 1) Career advancement, 2) just-a-job, what you might do until you could move into something more promising, 3) money 4) something to do with the embassy relating to international relations. How qualified for the job were you? A lot or a little?

This would help me to focus.

triplecancer

I think I was very qualified for the job since I have many years of experience working as an executive assistant and the skills.

To me the job was in a way just a job, but not like a transition, since it's what I've done most of my life. I liked that it was close to my home- walking distance, it had flex time on Fridays, a month paid vacation, and I just liked the idea of working in such an important place. I don't know how much they were paying for the position, but income was also something important to me since my husband is currently unemployed and we have two kids.

Aria Venue

hello triplecancer

the job is moon...and you are a strong, dignified venus and job in your term.still can venus find moon? No because moon previously separated from sun and tols to jupiter , which rules also your radix 3rd (communication...etc).so this prevents you from aspecting moon.We would like an unprohibited aspect to moon.This aspect only tells us that they will communicate with you.Sun here radix 11th (job's salary) in his fall, in venus domicile though and saturn's exaltation, while moon in sun's triplicity.Moreoever moon in mercury's detriment...where mercury rules your radix l9 (academic skills , higher knowledge etc) and radix 12th and in scorpio is peregrine, in moon's fall and venus detriment...since you asked why didn't they choose you...just as an influence i am mentioning that...and also venus under the beams.There are also some other influences related to moon's aspect by antiscion to saturn..or mars as job's turned 10th(mayby the manager or a person in authority there) but there is no point of splitting hairs...the question wasn't why they didn't hire you...but if they will...so let's stick to the point ...After all...was that a good job ? well i don't think so since moon has dignity only from face and the salary in his fall, and as venus you wouldn't like this salary either since venus in sun's fall
Moreover since you asked in horary a job is always a 10th house matter, traditionally speaking.6th is people who work for us -subordinates, among other things..etc

Last edited:

waybread

The second house moon makes me think that money was your primary concern. Aria venue has some good thoughts on why the moon wasn't in such a strong position.

Best wishes for your next job application.

triplecancer

Thank you Aria venue and waybread.

I didn't understand very well the part about the moon not being able to aspect venus. Is it always the case in horary that two applying planets can't make aspect if there's another one "in the middle" (in this case Jupiter)?

Aria Venue

Thank you Aria venue and waybread.

I didn't understand very well the part about the moon not being able to aspect venus. Is it always the case in horary that two applying planets can't make aspect if there's another one "in the middle" (in this case Jupiter)?[/Q

HELLO triplecancer
No this is not always the case.It depends.In some cases, the planets will be connected indirectly, either by translation or by collection of light. Both imply an involvement of a third party in the question, which brings the significators together.
Translation of Light: a (quicker) planet connects the two (slower) significators.
Collection of Light: two (quicker) planets cast an aspect to a third, slower planet.

lets see in your case as n example....we would venus to have separated from Jupiter previously and then moon applying to jupiter but without having found sun first...so in this way Jupiter could collect both their lights..cause in this case jupiter as the slower planet can connect both venus and moon, the two lighter planets.but venus separated from mercury before and moon from sun.so jupiter cannot bring them together.

you can find several articles online explaining the basics

Last edited: