Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Notice that the degrees are numbered 1-30? So you read one number up from the number you see on your natal chart. e.g. My Sun is at 5 Sagittarius so I read the 6th degree message.

david starling

Passiflora -

The sabians for the end of Sagittarius all seem to have Capricornian messages. The sabian symbol for my ascendant for example is, "A sculptor at his work" which may reinforce the Venus in Cap message. I also seem to notice Piscean messages at the end degrees of Aquarius. I also see Sagittarian messages at the end of Scorpio. David accepts sign blending at the last and first degrees, which I don't personally agree with. But he might be picking up on these messages intuitively and making his judgments accordingly.

Do you use Dane Rudhyar's sabians because you find them the best or do you use them because they are the ones you're most exposed to?

C.t., I'm not sure what you disagree with regarding my description of Sign-blending. I don't blend the rulerships, just the Sign qualities. So, early Sagittarius, for example, has a decreasing % of Scorpio, which begins at 50%, and drops to 0% at the 5th or 6th degree of ingress. Late Sagittarius has an increasing % of Capricorn, beginning at 0% at the 24th or 25th degree. The rulerships remain the same from one end of Sagittarius to the other, so Saturn doesn't become a Domicle-ruler until the actual ingress into Capricorn.

conspiracy theorist

What about tropical degrees versus sidereal?

In Jyotish you'd be looking at the nakshatras and the padas of the nakshatras if you want to get information pertaining to degree sections of the sky. Sometimes you have special conditions in charts where important placements occur on the cusp of water/fire signs, they call this "gandanta" or the spiritual knot.

I don't think the modern siderealists work with sign degrees as their system seems to be strict in their use of astrology - not much in the way of mixing things that didn't originate outside of their systematic way of viewing the horoscope/astrology.

conspiracy theorist

C.t., I'm not sure what you disagree with regarding my description of Sign-blending. I don't blend the rulerships, just the Sign qualities. So, early Sagittarius, for example, has a decreasing % of Scorpio, which begins at 50%, and drops to 0% at the 5th or 6th degree of ingress. Late Sagittarius has an increasing % of Capricorn, beginning at 0% at the 24th or 25th degree. The rulerships remain the same from one end of Sagittarius to the other, so Saturn doesn't become a Domicle-ruler until the actual ingress into Capricorn.

I don't have anything against the idea philosophically. I comprehend it and don't subscribe to the more rigid, or perhaps "platonic", way that hard traditional treats sign boundaries. Even Lilly states instances where planets that apply to other planets in preceding signs (Moon in Virgo 29 applying trine to Mars at 2 Aquarius) means that the planet isn't void-of-course.

I'm just not as confident that what I'm seeing is necessarily the blending of sign influences, and not some other influence/explanation.

david starling

I don't have anything against the idea philosophically. I comprehend it and don't subscribe to the more rigid, or perhaps "platonic", way that hard traditional treats sign boundaries. Even Lilly states instances where planets that apply to other planets in preceding signs (Moon in Virgo 29 applying trine to Mars at 2 Aquarius) means that the planet isn't void-of-course.

I'm just not as confident that what I'm seeing is necessarily the blending of sign influences, and not some other influence/explanation.

It makes sense that there would be synchronicity involved with other, apparently unrelated factors. I was careful to make sure that what I feel at the ending degrees of the Sun's transit through each Sign wasn't due to Merc or Venus having already ingressed the next.
Btw, Pierce is so heavily invested in Sabian that I'm consulting his expertise regarding my own symbol. It's in his new thread about the "hippies" phenomenon. :biggrin:

david starling

I was heavily into prisms in my high school years. Found them fascinating. This relates to rainbows, which are due to prismatic conditions in the atmosphere. And, back to the dove and rainbow in O.T. Genesis.

david starling

I think David’s explanation makes sense. 0’01” to 29’59” is ruled by the same planet, but the expression of the sign varies according to the environment and other variables. It’s like the US culture is different next to the Mexican border and near the Canadian border, influenced by each neighbor while retaining its own governance.

Wow! Great analogy.

david starling

Thanks!

As for flying, I can’t defend the generic environmental impact of private flying, but surely there is a difference between pleasure flying and flying with infants. Once you’ve paid thousands to fly with small children and find the assigned row still smelling of vomit from a previous flight, you’ll know what I mean. Nothing about plebian life is kind to women and children.

Here's one for fun--seeing as how we're all members of the Age of Capricorn generation, look at what we've ended up nick-naming our children. If it were a reponse to the sidereal Age of Pisces, we'd be calling them "guppies". :lol:

Ukpoohbear

Politician Al Gore (who literally won the Presidency that went to Bush Jr., after a recount that was completely disregarded), is all about the size of one's "Carbon footprint". Turned out, his was huge! He was publicly embarrassed into shrinking it somewhat, but it's still much larger than the average citizen's.

When the British media tried to embarrass Prince Harry and Megan Markle with their carbon footprint, we were called racist by the American press :lol:

Ukpoohbear

Not seeing the connection. How was race involved?

That’s what is bizarre about it but Megan Markle’s team think she is being hounded by the media because she is coloured and the carbon footprint issues are just an excuse. I think it shows the ignorance of the upper class more than it does anything else because they expect Megan to live a celebrity lifestyle like they do, but Megan’s lifestyle is funded by the British public. It’s very frustrating.

It’s like that famous psychology experiment set in prison where the group of volunteers assigned to be prison guards became authoritarian very quickly and lost empathy for the prisoner group.

I’ve seen real life examples of this happening too. There’s a place you can go to for free government advice in the UK for a variety of reasons but the people working for this business have started to see the people on the other side as unsafe due to impatient customers and the customers have started to see the people there to offer them advice as unhelpful.

So it’s human condition to not have empathy for the opposing side. I certainly don’t have empathy for people who have a large carbon footprint and I would like to think if I was rich, I would still be environmentally friendly, but would I?

It’s examples such as these that just exasperate me about society because we become hypocritical and ignorant without realising it.

Hkk

Account Closed
That’s what is bizarre about it but Megan Markle’s team think she is being hounded by the media because she is coloured and the carbon footprint issues are just an excuse. I think it shows the ignorance of the upper class more than it does anything else because they expect Megan to live a celebrity lifestyle like they do, but Megan’s lifestyle is funded by the British public. It’s very frustrating.

It’s like that famous psychology experiment set in prison where the group of volunteers assigned to be prison guards became authoritarian very quickly and lost empathy for the prisoner group.

I’ve seen real life examples of this happening too. There’s a place you can go to for free government advice in the UK for a variety of reasons but the people working for this business have started to see the people on the other side as unsafe due to impatient customers and the customers have started to see the people there to offer them advice as unhelpful.

So it’s human condition to not have empathy for the opposing side. I certainly don’t have empathy for people who have a large carbon footprint and I would like to think if I was rich, I would still be environmentally friendly, but would I?

It’s examples such as these that just exasperate me about society because we become hypocritical and ignorant without realising it.

Megan markle is not ‘coloured’

Wills and Kate have private jets and it wasn’t pointed out to them what they were doing was wrong.
America is more liberal and that’s a fact.....
Coloured ......so wrong