Twins born 2 min apart but 25 minute difference in horoscope?

Cypocryphy

I have the data of two twins, whose names I will not reveal. They were a cesarian birth with a 2 minute time difference, but the ascendant has a difference of 25 minutes, the midheaven a difference of 30 minutes and the PoF a difference of 24 minutes. Why is that? This time is consistent on all of the major software programs.

So all you math majors out there, why is this the case? This should just be a minor shift in right ascension and nothing more. Is the software this off?

I have not done it by hand, which I probably should, just to see, but I believe that I would get the same degrees. My Janus program lines up exactly with my hand work, using the New American Ephemerides, every time.

Here are the birth times: 22 Dec. 1987 2:57 and 2:59 am, El Monte, CA.

mdinaz

I don't find that so shocking. The ASC will move 13-15 degrees per hour and rotate through all the signs in a day. 25 minutes isn't very much. None of the planets move except for the Moon, by one minute. Why do you find this difficult to believe?

Cypocryphy

I don't find that so shocking. The ASC will move 13-15 degrees per hour and rotate through all the signs in a day. 25 minutes isn't very much. None of the planets move except for the Moon, by one minute. Why do you find this difficult to believe?

Hmmm. Which would make 10 minutes of arc per minute that passes, approximately.

Yup. No issue there. I had someone ask me that last night, and I must have been tired, because it seemed off to me. But thinking about it, it seems totally right. Lazy brain this morning.

akshat005

Hi dear, in astrology planet positioned are change all time. With this, horoscope and birth chart of every person will be change from each other even they both are twins and born on same time.

Marinka

Each minute change in time equates to about 15 minutes in astrological change for the ascendant. In other words, the ascendant changes 1 degree for about every 4 minutes of time.

Cypocryphy

Each minute change in time equates to about 15 minutes in astrological change for the ascendant. In other words, the ascendant changes 1 degree for about every 4 minutes of time.

This question has already been resolved. Please see my response.

Marinka: I am on the move right now and dont have time to show you the math but look at my response. The ascendant is measured along the ecliptic and not right ascension. Every minute is approximately 10 minutes of arc.

Last edited:

Marinka

This question has already been resolved. Please see my response.

Marinka: I am on the move right now and dont have time to show you the math but look at my response. The ascendant is measured along the ecliptic and not right ascension. Every minute is approximately 10 minutes of arc.

Yes, I realized after I answered that you were probably asking about the difference between the minute movements of the ascendant and midheaven and NOT the difference in ascendant minutes between the twins ... my mistake.