Advice Regarding Vocation (5 planets in 12th house Capricorn)

Advice Regarding Vocation (5 planets in 12th house Capricorn)// UPDATE/ edit

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Male 1989 Australia

Kind regards :)

Attachments

• 00002.jpg
    00002.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member

Male 1989

This person is called to serve, to transcend self for the greater good. This is based on his double Aquarian Sun and Ascendant, which emphasizes group rather than individual awareness, and also social conscience and concerns.

The call to serve is also strongly emphasized by the major 12th house stellium which includes a powerhouse of outer-planetary energy and also his personal planets, Mercury and Venus in conjunction. Lastly, his North Node in Pisces is what he is called to do in this life, what he must learn. In Pisces it reiterates the call towards dissolution of ego in service to the greater good.

When the time is right, he might really thrive in monastic life. Something more traditional might be community activism or public service of some sort...

Carris

Male 1989 Australia

According to Gauquelin, planets in the 12th and 9th conjunct the ASC and MC influence the career/vocation/profession/psyche of the person. But he used placidus houses - not whole sign. I'm not sure if your planets are in the 12th.

Saturn is 12th was found in the charts of prominent scientists and physicians. I have found this to be true in my case - I don't work in a pure science field but it is a research and analysis field. Are you interested in research, analysis, investigation? Because ruler of MC (career, ambitions, aspirations, social standing), pluto (transformation, uproot, phoenix) in scorpio (investigation, delving deep, intense, psychology) also suggests that. Perhaps you could be a psychotherapist or psychiatrist and really help in transforming people out of their problems?

Ruler of 10th (career, vocation), Jupiter (abundance, jovial, optimism) is conjunct the IC (roots, home, source) in taurus (solid, practical, determined). Jupiter in the gauquelin zones was found in the charts of actors, executives, journalists, playwrights, politicians. Your jupiter/MC receives an exact trine/sextile from mercury-venus - further strentghening them and giving them good communication skills, ease and harmony.

Ruler of asc, uranus is in the 11th in a stellium which would make you oriented towards friends, groups, associations, society.

So you could be an excellent psychotherapist in practice, research and also write/publish about it.

Hello thanks for your reply IleneK and Carris

The natal chart is (web style / whole signs)

Monastic life (Zen, Taoism) is something I have considered seriously a number of times

^ though I feel at present it may limit my ability to serve on a greater scale

+ I do enjoy a wide range of knowledge and practices

Psychotherapy was also an interest particularly in relation to art/ creative expression

^ In relation to psychotherapy but at a deeper level shamanism has also been of interest.

^ (transformation, uproot, phoenix) in scorpio (investigation, delving deep, intense, psychology)

At present I study architecture - ideally wanting to create sacred space uplifting mind, body and spirit < so a number of fields come into this

+ Architecture may have the ability to harness and radiate cosmic energy, uplifting the surrounding area - I am yet to really delve into this though... could take my most of my life :)

though this course doesnt seem to be flowing very well at the moment

I think I may be better working with something more abstract + more freedom of expression for myself

Perhaps transforming consciousness through art?

Marvel

+ Architecture may have the ability to harness and radiate cosmic energy, uplifting the surrounding area

Well said, I was always interested in architecture (suck at drawing).By seeing it as a way to enhance planetary and cosmic energy to produce positive effects is an excellent way of seeing it.

I really hope you find your passion:wink:

IleneK

Premium Member

Monastic life (Zen, Taoism) is something I have considered seriously a number of times
> though I feel at present it may limit my ability to serve on a greater scale

Saturn in the 12th suggests that this might be something that you do as you reach greater maturity. The gestalt that I got just glancing at your chart was Buddhist monk. :)

Just for your consideration, as I'm no expert on Buddhism, it seems that Zen tends to be more spare in terms of expression of beauty as a component of the practice, although there is great elegance in that expression, as you likely know. The Tibetan Buddhists have a very rich expression of art as part of their monastic life.

+ Architecture may have the ability to harness and radiate cosmic energy, uplifting the surrounding area - I am yet to really delve into this though... could take my most of my life :)

I think I may be better working with something more abstract + more freedom of expression for myself

Freedom of expression seems like an important matter to meet the needs of rising Sun and Ascendant in Aquarius. With both the traditional ruler of the Ascendant, Saturn, and the modern ruler, Uranus, in the 12th under the Whole Sign house system, ultimately I think that your expression of unbounded imagination may find its greatest scope in a more isolated, spiritual setting.

And in the near term, Venus, lover of beauty [Libra] and Mercury, ruler of your 5th house of creativity both reside on the 12th. So in the creation of art now, you can meet the needs of your psyche in its aspiration to transform not only consciousness [1st house Sun] but also the collective unconscious [12th house; North Node in Pisces ruled by Neptune in the 12th].

I am inspired and moved by the potential that lies before you, and wish you the very best in what you will discover along your life's path.

Carris

^ though I feel at present it may limit my ability to serve on a greater scale

+ I do enjoy a wide range of knowledge and practices

Psychotherapy was also an interest particularly in relation to art/ creative expression

^ In relation to psychotherapy but at a deeper level shamanism has also been of interest.

^ (transformation, uproot, phoenix) in scorpio (investigation, delving deep, intense, psychology)

At present I study architecture - ideally wanting to create sacred space uplifting mind, body and spirit < so a number of fields come into this

Yes art and spaces can definitely help in transforming a person's psyche. The venus mercury sextile to your MC can certainly make this happen - you would be able to communicate beauty, peace and harmony very well in your work.

Jupiter conjunct the axis would bring the kindness and benevolence required for therapy - "Jupiter is the thinking-person's planet. As the guardian of the abstract mind, this planet rules higher learning, and bestows upon us a yen for exploring ideas, both intellectually and spiritually. Intellectually speaking, Jupiter assists us in formulating our ideology. "

"The MC describes our true vocation or 'calling', that 'something' we need to achieve in the world in order to fulfil our unique potential. Unlike the 10th house, it is driven from within, rather than from without. And the IC describes the roots of our being, which support and sustain and nourish us on an inner level, and which are the source of our potency and power in the world. "

IleneK - Freedom of expression seems like an important matter to meet the needs of rising Sun and Ascendant in Aquarius. With both the traditional ruler of the Ascendant, Saturn, and the modern ruler, Uranus, in the 12th under the Whole Sign house system, ultimately I think that your expression of unbounded imagination may find its greatest scope in a more isolated, spiritual setting.

Saturn in the 12th suggests that this might be something that you do as you reach greater maturity. The gestalt that I got just glancing at your chart was Buddhist monk. :)

I think you may be right :happy:

Though I may create my own meditative space / "temple"/ home in the future... combining a number of traditions/ practices (east + west) - personally. I would enjoy a community of like minded individuals though.

Another thing preventing me from the monastic path is the desire to have a family.

^ I am not sure what the chart indicates in this regard.

I have looked at Tibetan Buddhism - particularly the Nyingma School.

I find that I resonant most with Taoism though... finding it more expansive.

All these things are subject to change ^ :)

I think once I finish my studies this year (hopefully) - I may travel/soul search ... or possibly move to a fine arts degree :/ :) something to ponder later

Thank you for your kind words and wishes!

I wish you all the best too on your journey :biggrin:

Last edited:
Well said, I was always interested in architecture (suck at drawing).By seeing it as a way to enhance planetary and cosmic energy to produce positive effects is an excellent way of seeing it.

I really hope you find your passion:wink:

Thank you Marvel! I really hope you find your passion too, if you have not already :happy:

Peace

IleneK

Premium Member
IleneK - Freedom of expression seems like an important matter to meet the needs of rising Sun and Ascendant in Aquarius. With both the traditional ruler of the Ascendant, Saturn, and the modern ruler, Uranus, in the 12th under the Whole Sign house system, ultimately I think that your expression of unbounded imagination may find its greatest scope in a more isolated, spiritual setting.

I think you may be right :happy:

Though I may create my own meditative space / "temple"/ home in the future... combining a number of traditions/ practices (east + west) - personally. I would enjoy a community of like minded individuals though.

Another thing preventing me from the monastic path is the desire to have a family.

^ I am not sure what the chart indicates in this regard.

Mercury is the ruler of your house of children, and it is conjunct the benefic Venus and trined by the benefic Jupiter, all of which are favorable.

Strong Saturn in the 12th rules your Mercury, also in the 12th.

So I would say that it is quite likely that you will creative offspring. I cannot say, though, whether they would be flesh and blood children or other creative self-expression more suited to and in tune with the 12th. After all, there are children and then are children. The same goes for family. It comes in many forms, including a community of like-minded individuals.

:biggrin:

Cheers and good luck to you!