Insomnia\Depression\Anxiety?

iSelf

I know that by looking at my chart, those problems seem obvious due to my awful Moon, but I'd like to see different insights on it, and some suggestions on how to get over those problems through my Pluto (which I find hard to understand).
Or, in other hand, if you find that they are not relevant in my chart, and if so, please explain why.

Also, I'd be grateful if you managed to explain those symptoms through other planets in the chart.

Thank you for your attention :)

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_jorge_hp.4504.10956.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_jorge_hp.4504.10956.gif
    48.5 KB · Views: 89

powerion

I have sun in aqu 8th house, we both have mars,uranus in cap and pluto in sco. houses and signs are way different but check your diet.. I used to have insomnia but found ways around it.

miquar

Hi iSelf. I would say that the Aquarian and Uranian energy is what is most likely behind your insomnia, and perhaps the depression and anxiety are partly to do with your Moon's response to the need for experimentation of these energies. Its hard to say anything relevant without more detail of what it is that keeps you awake and what it is that triggers of alleviates your anxiety. But I'll say a few things and then wait for feedback in order to try to make the interpretation more pertinent to you, if you like.

I wouldn't say you have an awful Moon. It is in its own sign and on the cusp of its natural house. It certainly is a sensitive Moon, though and this looks like a chart where the more airy and earthy energies could try to leave the watery energies out in the cold. The Taurus Ascendant is ruled by Venus in the notoriously rational and detached sign of Aquarius, and Mercury and the Sun are in Aquarius too. The other personal planet, Mars, is in the rather aloof sign of Capricorn, and the rulers of the Capricorn and Uranus planets are themselves in these two signs also. And the 10th and 11th houses are emphasised along with these 10th and 11th signs, so there is a strong theme here of detaching from one's personal emotional needs in order to fulfil a purpose as part of the wider community.

Although Neptune is angular, it may be suppressed to some extent due to the strength of the rational elements of air and earth. And Jupiter in the 7th house in water may indicate that you tend to look to others to bring the Jupiter in Scorpio into your life. Plus Scorpio on the Descendent.

In short, your issues may arise from the clash of the rational with the irrational - the contrast of the detached and aloof with the vulnerable and emotionally open parts of your being.

Moon in Cancer on the IC opposite Uranus and Neptune on the MC suggest that ideals of how you would like the world to be, and of how you might play your part in it, somehow confront and challenge the part of that wants to hide away where it is safe. This axis says a lot about how we experience our parents and their relationship to one another. So reflecting on this, and what you may have taken on board from it during your formative years, may give you clues about how different parts of yourself perceive and react to one another. One of your parents might have been out in the world (either actually or in their dreams) and therefore unavailable to you, and perhaps to the rest of the family too. This may have been hurtful to your Moon, and to your other parent.

I suspect that getting more in touch with your feelings is the best thing that you can do to resolve these issues. I also think that ultimately the oppositions from the Moon to Uranus and Neptune could be a very creative and fulfilling combination. Neptune perceives the essential unity behind the manifest world, and always has a foot in it - it needs some kind of expression through which this imaginal realm can flow into everyday consciousness, and the Moon in Cancer is also very imaginative. If you have an idealised image of one of your parents on account of Neptune's position, then you may need to accept that the ideal you have sought in them, and may now still seek in partners or ambitions of worldly involvement, is something that you need to find within yourself - in the depths of the spiritual and imaginal dimensions of your being.

The rational side of you may find it very disconcerting to allow anything to compete with its neat and predictable logical take on life, but the watery side of you needs to explore the chaotic, personal and intimate world of emotional closeness with others, and with creative projects too.

I hope this is of some use. I'd be interested in feedback and in carrying on discussing this further with you...

iSelf

Your progressed ascendant has just changed signs , moving into Gemini, give it a month or 2 and things should settle down a bit as you adjust to the new energy. !
Hmm, to me it's still in 28'51 in Taurus, and I think that the sign transition will only ocur by the end of 2012.

About the rest, thanks! Makes sense, although I don't usually count Chiron. You gave me a different perspective.
Also, what do you think about North Node\Pluto opposite ascendant, forming a T with Saturn?

miquar, that was a right on interpretion, but I should note some things:
First of all, my more rational placements gave me the ability to understand my irrational side, considering the fact that Pluto is trine the Moon: self-awareness is perhaps a big theme in my life. The thing is, it's hard to move on from there. I've analysed my own ''unconscious'' and was able to deduct my own personality from it; but what now?
It's almost painfull how crystal clear things (about my personality) are to me. Makes me feel simple, even knowing I am not.
To hint you want keeps me awake... well, affective stuff, ironically.

Yes, there is a bit of a ''burden'' with Society. I feel the need to participate in it and make my skills avaiable to the wider community, but perhaps that only functions as a means to compensate an unbalanced Moon. Pluto redirects the energy at Mars in 10th. So perhaps I'm just being egocentric and excessively ambitious? To what point can I detach from my own personal emotions, considering they're an essential part of me, and that it's actually possible that they effectively command my ambitions?

And I don't really believe Neptune is that surpressed, considering a couple of factors: it's the first planet following the MC, it's conjunction orb is less than one degree, it's conjunct Mars, and with it rules my 12th house, the house of fears, the unconscious, karma, and so on.

Last edited:
for sleep problems I would look to moon quincunx mercury

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Mercury

You end up confused at times because you read more into communications than are there. It's good to be able to read between the lines - just make sure you are also reading what is on the lines. Your expectations and imagination are assets as soon as you are able to develop a method for expressing your true feelings. Since many of your feelings are hidden from you, self expression becomes a path of self discovery.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

emotions and intellect interfere with each other so you have difficulty in solving your problems. You over‑react emotionally to situations and so cannot rationalise them properly. When you inject feeling instead of examining the facts, any reasonable evaluation of the situation becomes impossible. You infer that criticism is directed at you when that is not the case at all, your reaction is all out of proportion to the truth. But you are emotionally aroused and take out your hostility on those dearest to you without realising it. People can easily learn to resent and avoid you at the same time.
From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

Moon is handle of bucket chart and domicile But afflicted with opposition to neptune. This brings emotional disillusionment, confusions around mother and women

Moon opposite Uranus is break with mother and friendships/relationships that start suddenly and end the same way.
Moon has some other nice easy trines to, but just remember we are all multifaceted beings and don't just act out one natal aspect at any one time.

mercury square pluto --- really really needs it mind occupying, it's a great analyst, researcher and detective, but can (on occaions) become a verbal lacerations or acid tongue...

signs of depression
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=333419&postcount=26
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=333420&postcount=27

Now, transting saturn is just come off square to natal neptune AND uranus, both of which would incline anyone to bit of depression..

http://www.cafeastrology.com/saturntransits.html

Vista

I know that by looking at my chart, those problems seem obvious due to my awful Moon, but I'd like to see different insights on it, and some suggestions on how to get over those problems through my Pluto (which I find hard to understand).
Or, in other hand, if you find that they are not relevant in my chart, and if so, please explain why.

Also, I'd be grateful if you managed to explain those symptoms through other planets in the chart.

Thank you for your attention :)
Hi there,
The Moon opposing your Mars, Uranus and Neptune from the 4th house tells me there was definite problems in your upbringing, seemingly coming directly from your mother. Given the planets involved(Mars, UR, Nep) suggests some sort of abuse and maybe she or someone you lived with had a substance abuse problem. The Moon Pluto trine is a definite link to working through your issues and points(to me) anyways that therapy would be very beneficial to you(whatever form that is). Also, career is or will be extremely important, however you need a lot of freedom from restrictions or you will find yourself losing or changing jobs quite frequently. Also, be sure and watch your own temper, as well as potential to become addicted(could be to anything...drugs, working out, food, ect.). In essence, I would focus on healing your childhood experiences and pour your heart into your career. Lastly, make sure where you live is a sanctuary as it will be very therapeutic for a Cancer moon in the 4th house(I have this) to be able to regenerate alone.

miquar

Hi iSelf and thanks for the feedback. It sounds as though you have used your rational side very effectively to understand the currents and tides of feeling that move through you. But this detached awareness can never heal the hurt feelings that it analyses. They have to be accepted, valued and felt directly. Only then will things begin to move for you. Air finds the cloying, chaotic painful world of feelings repellent, even though it is happy to engage in a conceptual narrative of this world. In fact the airy side of us feels a strong need to do this, in order to try to control the world of feeling. Air is defended against feelings, and analysing feelings is just a part of the strategy. (I have lots of Aquarius/Uranus energy and also Moon in Scorpio with Cancer rising and an angular Pluto, so I speak from ongoing experience.) You could may be try to distinguish between when you are thinking about a feeling, and when that feeling is coursing tangible through your body. It is the latter that brings about the transformation that you and I both seek and yet recoil from.

I would see the urges of Uranus and Neptune on the MC as perfectly valid in their own right, rather than as 'a means to compensate an unbalanced Moon', as you put it. Uranus and Neptune are both looking for something that is beyond this world, and you are looking for it in society and in yourself as a useful citizen. Even though they are closely conjunct, the inherent conflict between these planets will prevent them from slipping into an easy working relationship with one another. Neptune is on an angle, as you say, but this does not prevent it from being suppressed to some extent. Uranus is likely to win the popularity contest due to the strength of air in the chart. Mars is more inclined to favour Uranus over Neptune, especially when in a sign like Capricorn.

I'm sure you will experience some Neptunian type yearnings in your sense of your role in the world, and your sense of what the government/establishment is all about, etc. But this yearning will probably function less consciously and less consistently than your (Uranian) progressive conceptual framing of this area of life.

I wonder how things were in your relationship with your parent(s)? This could really hold the key to where you are starting from as you seek to become more fully yourself. There is almost certainly strong and lasting influence from these relationships when an opposition such as this falls across the Meridian axis.

What I was getting to before I got side-tracked is that the Cancer Moon will probably be less unsettled by Neptune - more likely seduced by it's promise of some idyllic fusion - than it will by Uranus. A part of you may still be yearning for a perfect parental bond that you envisioned, but which never materialised. This ideal may have to be relinquished as part or your journey. This will probably be painful, but it paves the way to being able to enjoy more fully the intimacy and warmth of human contact with a real person. Uranus may analyse the Moon and think up reasons why fully owning the Moon's neediness is a drain on your potential as an intelligent and broad-minded individual.

A good way into the Moon Neptune part of you is perhaps through artistic endeavour, for here the emotion can flow without upsetting your airy side too much. Your artistic endeavours would probably embrace Uranian values in some way because of the close aspects to Neptune and Moon, but the important thing is that Neptune is allowed to flow uninhibited by the shoulds and oughts of Uranus and the Aquarian and Capricornian energy.

But you may already have an outlet for you Moon Neptune watery energy. I just thought it was worth mentioning this stuff because your post came across as very airy.

And as for depression, Jupiter, bringer of joy and hope, is also in water, making it all the more important to swim in the feeling realm. Pluto in Scorpio in the 7th along with Jupiter could reflect a tendency to attract passionate/possessive types who you may find fascinating and suffocating at the same time, perhaps only feeling your deeper feelings at the end of a relationship - but this is just speculation. Saturn in air in the 11th closely squaring Pluto could add to a need to keep your passion under control.

I think it would be especially useful to mention your relationships with your parents if you want to leave any more feedback and carry on this discussion...

planets conj MC can also describe a parent, so perhaps was one a little erractic unpredictable, a little unstable even?

Now neptune conj MC suggests you need to incorporate spiritual, psychic sensitivities into career somehow.

Uranus conjunct Midheaven
You will most definitely want the freedom to express your own unique ideas in your public life, as you make your contribution to society. You are likely to enjoy change and variety, and may make sudden career changes or possibly experience such changes thrown at you. You may prefer an unusual type of career or occupation, one that offers adventure and excitement, danger even, but certainly one that does not rely upon too much routine and regularity. For men, this can be found in the charts of those who often face danger in their given occupation, racing driver, jockey.
http://rugdeeaustralia.tripod.com/id18.html
Midheaven/Neptune
Uncertainty is the keyword for this combination. The individual must work hard to manifest the higher qualities of psychic awareness. Strength gained from contemplative practice of meditation can provide a consistent mental focus which compensates for dreaminess and aimlessness of the Midheaven/Neptune conjunction. Definition in the physical realm balances the lack of definition coming from this aspect. The conjunction can indicate uncertainty, devotion to objectives, strange ideas and a penchant for action/deception.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/articles/asrticle3sc.htm

iSelf

Thank you all again for the great insight.
Vista, high five for cancer moon in 4th. Yes, I do feel the need for a personal sanctuary. I spend a lot of time in my room, but I really wish I had my own personal house that I could decorate in my own manner, create my own habits, and adapt it to them.
I currently live with my mother, but it's like she's my room mate, lol. We speak occasionally when we have lunch or dinner togather (not hat frequent), but in general we live our own life and so. We also meet when we smoke at the window (yes, I'm a smoker, blame Neptune).
(since I got many requests to describe my relation with my parents)
My mother does care for me, but she's never really the caring or affective kind. My parents are currently divorced, and the marriage (which ended when I was 11, had prog. saturn conjunct moon) was quite troubled.
My father is a bit of the typical failed genious. He's very skilled in Mathematics, a great logical thinker, and a calculator with legs. He introduced me to Occultism and Astrology and always pressured me a lot for high results in school, and was very strict and demanding.
I had to develop rethorics to be able to make a stand with him, and he actually always forced me to build argumentation in order to get what I wanted. I was, basically, his personal project (AC Leo, Sun in Leo 1st house).

Even considering his skills, he never went very high in the social ladder (south node in 10th) and that made him frustrated, so he tried to gather all the means necessary to make me build my own career.

Since my mom wasn't very affective, he also grew depressed over the marriage, and started drinking. There was no physical violence, but it was psychologically very strong.
I think this gives you a good general perspective of my past. I also had many quarrels with my dad, I grew very rebel during my early teenage years, and our relationship only improved when I stabilized and developed a stronger rational side.

Astrologer, I never really thought that the inconjunction between the Moon and Mercury functioned liked that, very interesting.

Vista

Thank you all again for the great insight.
Vista, high five for cancer moon in 4th. Yes, I do feel the need for a personal sanctuary. I spend a lot of time in my room, but I really wish I had my own personal house that I could decorate in my own manner, create my own habits, and adapt it to them.
I currently live with my mother, but it's like she's my room mate, lol. We speak occasionally when we have lunch or dinner togather (not hat frequent), but in general we live our own life and so. We also meet when we smoke at the window (yes, I'm a smoker, blame Neptune).
(since I got many requests to describe my relation with my parents)
My mother does care for me, but she's never really the caring or affective kind. My parents are currently divorced, and the marriage (which ended when I was 11, had prog. saturn conjunct moon) was quite troubled.
My father is a bit of the typical failed genious. He's very skilled in Mathematics, a great logical thinker, and a calculator with legs. He introduced me to Occultism and Astrology and always pressured me a lot for high results in school, and was very strict and demanding.
I had to develop rethorics to be able to make a stand with him, and he actually always forced me to build argumentation in order to get what I wanted. I was, basically, his personal project (AC Leo, Sun in Leo 1st house).

Even considering his skills, he never went very high in the social ladder (south node in 10th) and that made him frustrated, so he tried to gather all the means necessary to make me build my own career.

Since my mom wasn't very affective, he also grew depressed over the marriage, and started drinking. There was no physical violence, but it was psychologically very strong.
I think this gives you a good general perspective of my past. I also had many quarrels with my dad, I grew very rebel during my early teenage years, and our relationship only improved when I stabilized and developed a stronger rational side.

Astrologer, I never really thought that the inconjunction between the Moon and Mercury functioned liked that, very interesting.

Thank you for the detailed response! You seem to have a great head on your shoulders, I think you will be able to cope your issues quite well. There has been some great advice here, hopefully you can pull something from all and come up with a viable solution to your problem. Best of luck to you!

generally, I would say take what resonates, comment on outlandish sweeping statements (like substance abuse) and leave the rest. There are all sorts of astrologers and all at different levels on AW and lots of mis-information to....

Your saturn square pluto will add ambition, hard work and depth to anything you investigate, but can also deteriorate into ruthless ambitions...

at just 17 now, you will have some massive changes as transiting pluto goes over your MC and cappi and aquarian planets over few years. For example, my father died when T pluto conj my MC. when pluto gets to your neptune its simply generational but will be a period when you research and delve into religous and spiritual matters. When I had this a actually read the bible from cover to cover and talked to local priests....

Last edited:

iSelf

Caprising: actually I did live a very strong emotional experience by the end of 2009\beginning of 2010, that made me delve deeper in my own emotions, yes.
I use astro.com for calculations.

Vista: thank you :)

astrologer: Indeed, the saturno square pluto is an aspect that really fits as a background theme in my life (since saturno rules the majority of my planets) that I can't really understand or describe well.
Also, since I have so many stuff on my MC, I'm kind of scared when Pluto transits of there, because it will also happen when saturn transists there, and my progressed moon will be in cancer, opposite to all that.

R4VEN

Jorge, you don't mention whether these symptoms - anxiety/depression/insomnia - have appeared lately, or have escalated over time. This may give some idea about whether they are purely emotional/psychological, or whether there may be another factor at play here - such as some kind of environmental toxicity. I know from personal experience that the symptoms you mention can be heightened by high levels of heavy metals - such as mercury, or even copper - in your body. Sensitive people such as yourself can have difficulty in metabolising these metals, where most people's bodies deal with them with no trouble at all. A test of your hair can identify any toxins in your system.........(blood tests, unfortunately, are not terribly accurate.)

Astrologically, your Moon in Cancer in the 4th is very very sensitive to any kind of imbalance in your home environment, and that can be expressed through the body/emotions. Now, your Moon opposes the Neptune/Uranus conjunction, and this means that that what you `receive' through your Cancer moon is both difficult to perceive clearly and objectively (Neptune) which can result in low energy and depression, and a cause for sudden change and/or rebellion (Uranus), which can lead to insomnia and anxiety.

It is also possible - given your Moon placement and sign - that your symptoms may be as a result of anxiety/fear which you are absorbing from your mother. This is quite typical for Moon in Cancer people, male as well as female. The fact that you and your mother share your house on your own makes this more likely. Having been a smoker a very long time ago, I can attest to once believing that smoking will provide a boundary between you and others, but in the unseen world, it does nothing to protect you from the emotions and fears of others. Anxiety is a manifestation of long-standing fear.............i.e. a belief that you are not safe in the world. And if you experience any level of anxiety long-term, then this generally leads to insomnia. (And any kind of heavy metal toxicity will dramatically worsen these symptoms.)

As far as your Pluto goes, it is conjunct your Moon's North Node in the 7th house:
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/search/label/Planets conjunct the Nodes
so an understanding of Pluto will be necessary. Don't hurry through this, as true understanding will take years. Pluto's position in the 7th indicates that your personal/soul growth takes place through finding balance and equality within your personal relationships. This is a very powerful and transformative soul lesson for you, and will continue throughout your life..

I also though you might be interested in what this site has to say about Moon in the 4th house - scroll down to the bottom of the page:
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookKarmaHouse4.htm

miquar

Hi iSelf and thanks again for the feedback. From what you've said it might be worth looking into the Moon oppositions from the viewpoint of your parents being emotionally unavailable - your father through his emphasis on argument and achievement, and your mother through her depression and withdrawal into alcohol. From here you can see how you might parent yourself differently form how you were parented as a child. And this may help your Moon in Cancer to feel safe and nourished.

Both of your parents perhaps felt disillusioned by what they managed to achieve and experience in the wider world, and this may mean that you are confused about what making one's way in the world is all about. But Uranus and Neptune will surely offer their divine inspiration at some point to light your way. In the mean time trying to understand and nurture your Cancer Moon will lay sound foundations for your future participation in society.

iSelf

Raven, thank you for the links, I particularly like the one about the nodes.
Also, low mood as been a general tone in my life, it's just that it's much stronger now, and has been growing over time, yes.

miquar

sorry misread that sentence. Her being depressed could be reflected by the Moon Neptune aspect though, and by Neptune on the MC. And also your father's depression and drinking.

sorry misread that sentence. Her being depressed could be reflected by the Moon Neptune aspect though, and by Neptune on the MC. And also your father's depression and drinking.

I have moon opp Neptune and my mother wasn't depressed..... in fact anything but Aries moon she was quite a firey lady in her day and didn't stand for any nonsense....

Neptune on MC could suggest one parent being rather sensitive, spiritual or even psychic and rather sacrifical.

generally wherever neptune is posited is where we 'bear our cross' have regrets. Now conj MC could suggest many changes, or even a parent disappearing, could also suggest another relative like a grandparent having a hand in upbringing

shows talent and creativity. Yet emotions govern most of your actions. You have some difficulty separating truth from fiction, and you may create illusions about yourself and others. Objectives are obscure, and you lack the ability to plan your life in an orderly fashion. You may experience periods when you are lacking in self-confidence. You can become an escapist at these times. People sometimes take advantage of you because you become so emotionally involved with their problems.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/moonaspects.html#moone
emotional disillusionment is quite common but I found the antidote in music as it sooths neptune and the soul...

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/moonneptuneaspects.html

below is an interesting thread on hard aspects from moon square neptune. But there is not as much tension as the square in the opposition.

Last edited:

miquar

Astro50 - you're doing that thing again where you assume that just because you don't experience a particular manifestation of an aspect, then no-one else will either. Moon Neptune often reflects an unavailable mother, and if the mother is depressed she is hardly going to be fully emotionally engaged. I have personally known cases where this aspect manifested in this way.

Astro50 - you're doing that thing again where you assume that just because you don't experience a particular manifestation of an aspect, then no-one else will either. Moon Neptune often reflects an unavailable mother, and if the mother is depressed she is hardly going to be fully emotionally engaged. I have personally known cases where this aspect manifested in this way.

I haven't personally seen where this aspect manifests as depression or insomnia and am not assuming anything. this aspect has it's own problems and you said a mother that is emotionally unavialable is *more common* than how you explain this aspect.......Why a mother is emotionally unavailable cannot be simply put down to depression. My mother was a hotelier and worked 24/7 so she was physically there (in body) but too tired to do any kind of nurturing or mothering. But that didn't make her depressed. I don't feel depression is a classic interpretation of this aspect. Since I have this aspect am able to offer first hand experience. :unsure:

What also can occasionally be linked to this aspect is eating disorders, not generally found in astrology books, but through my own research. But not exclusively, moon/chiron hard aspects can also be linked to this matter...

Whereas classic depression as I gave links earlier is more likely to be hard aspects between saturn/neptune and these two making hard aspects to natal, saturn neptune. I suggests that father/male/or authority figure crushed the childhood dreams, fantasies for eg: wants to become a 'ballerina' and an adult saying you have no chance, you need to do something more realistic (saturn) It can also suggest very little boundaries (neptune) or the boundaries and structures for behaviour (saturn) get blurred or confused.