Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Witchyone

"Beware the light shining out my butt."

Witchyone, what is your signature? How does someone poop light out of their butt? That doesn't make sense. I mean, technically speaking, people can poop darkness out of their butt because it's like a gaping hole...

so do you mind explaining your signature?

Someone insinuated that I think that light shines out of my bum, so I gave myself a warning label. I'm tired of that smart-*** joke now and have been meaning to change my avatar too.

My avatar is from this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEC5CA3s-A

Witchyone

I used to research serial killers a lot as a pre-teen/teen and watch the Investigation Discovery channel about various killers, serial killers, murderers, etc. For a while, I thought I could be a sociopath or had higher levels of sociopathy than the average person, because I tried so hard to get into their heads.

Have you ever seen Hannibal? Will Graham the FBI agent who catches serial killers, I identify with him, but not to such an extreme degree.

I've had that fear too. Like, why am I so fascinated by things that other people find disgusting? I was administered an exam to figure out which flavor of crazy I was demonstrating, and I scored unusually low on sociopathy. I think that's probably why I'm so curious about it.

No, I haven't watched Hannibal. I relate strongly to Jody Foster's Agent Starling, though.

moonkat235

I've had that fear too. Like, why am I so fascinated by things that other people find disgusting? I was administered an exam to figure out which flavor of crazy I was demonstrating, and I scored unusually low on sociopathy. I think that's probably why I'm so curious about it.

No, I haven't watched Hannibal. I relate strongly to Jody Foster's Agent Starling, though.

That's interesting about the test. Which one was it? How was it administered?

Jody Foster's portrayal of Agent Starling was incredible. So classic.

Gemini888

Whoops, I missed this. Yes, the rating system bar. If someone is trying to avoid spoilers, they probably wouldn't want to scroll down to find it.
I have an idea. Instead of words, I will crop out the rating bar and put it right there. People can only see the rating bar but not the picture. That way if anyone read the whole thing they will be able to understand what the bar is about.

I'm going to try it when I'm on my computer.

Gemini888

What card do you vibe with the most so far?
I still have the Air land and Earth land to go, but so far I vibe the most with the Hermit. An old wise man, less talk, more thought and action ;)

Now I have some more questions. The book I bought did an excellent job at explaining the symbol, but when it comes to card spread, it's a$$.

Witchyone

That's interesting about the test. Which one was it? How was it administered?

Jody Foster's portrayal of Agent Starling was incredible. So classic.

My memory about it is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure I took it at one of those big white computer terminals with a black screen and green type. I think I had to rate statements, similar to a MBTI personality test. I don't remember all the parameters it measured. I remember the sociopathy category (or it could have been antisocial or something similar) because I saw I had a percentage in it, and I was alarmed and asked about it. I was told my score was actually lower than average, and I shouldn't worry.

david starling

What is your interpretation of Jupiter in Sagittarius, David?

Jupiter Regulates Sagittarius. When in the Sign it Regulates, a ruler provides a strong sense of Self-Direction. Given the kingship accorded to Zeus/Jupiter during the Age of Sagittarius, Zeus/Jupiter frees the Native-ruler, Apollo's Triangle (visible half of the heavens, including Asc, M.C., and Desc.) from administrative duties. The Olympiad Rings show the close working relationship between the father/son gods: The 2 outer rings were symbolic of 2 successive Olympiads, dedicated to Zeus, which were city-state contests, like our current Olympics. The center ring was dedicated to Apollo, and were more sacred and personal contests.
I see this as the very stable, analytical nature of Zeus/Jupiter containing and calming the more impulsive and volatile nature of Apollo, while still giving the god of Solar-light center stage.

Last edited:

david starling

How do you mean? I'm just repeating what Revelations says.

Here's one nay-sayer's contrary opinion.* I've also heard debates about the "Left Behind" interpretation of the Rapture among Evangelicals, mostly criticizing it as an 1830 A.D. addition to Scripture by John Nelson Darby.

*[I've deleted the link because my tablet said it wasn't a safe site.]

Last edited:

Witchyone

Here's one nay-sayer's contrary opinion.* I've also heard debates about the "Left Behind" interpretation of the Rapture among Evangelicals, mostly criticizing it as an 1830 A.D. addition to Scripture by John Nelson Darby.

*[I've deleted the link because my tablet said it wasn't a safe site.]

Is the criticism about the "Left Behind" series or the King James Bible version of Revelations? I don't know the series or how well it matches the biblical text.

I don't consider any of it reliable or likely to happen, but I grew up in a fundamentalist church, so we believed that what it said was exactly what literally happened and would happen, word for word.

david starling

Is the criticism about the "Left Behind" series or the King James Bible version of Revelations? I don't know the series or how well it matches the biblical text.

I don't consider any of it reliable or likely to happen, but I grew up in a fundamentalist church, so we believed that what it said was exactly what literally happened and would happen, word for word.

It's about Darby's INTERPRETATION of Scripture, that many consider un-Biblical. That's what the "Left Behind" concept is based on.

david starling

What is the interpretation that they object to? Like I said, I don't know what happens in the series.

They say that there's nothing in Scripture about Ascension of the material form as a result of the Rapture. The souls alone will go up to Heaven, not their bodies. Dead bodies left behind, for those who remain to bury.