Ascendant and Appearance

Hi all!

I'm a new user but have been observing for a while. One thing I have always been interested in is determining physical characteristics using aspects to my ascendant. For me it is not always easy considering there are so many aspects to my rising sign.

These are the planets in my first house

Sun in Libra 29° 53' in house 1
Mercury in Scorpio 22° 2' in house 1
Pluto in Scorpio 21° 57' house 1
Mars square ascendant
Sun conjunct ascendant

My ascendant is in 28 deg. Libra

How do these aspects affect my appearance?

PS. Venus is in Sagittarius

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

CarrieLee

Re: Ascendant and Apppearance

SontaSejou
What makes you think You are not beautiful? I see true beauty in those pics....So sad you don't see it... Libra beautiful...

ScorpiosRock

I have a Libran friend who has the exact same nose as you SontaSejou. And you also have similar eyes. I suspect you have a darker appearance than her because of some scorpio planents, or hair dye and eyeliner.

Anyway, according to me Libra Risings and suns has well rounded (big) almonshaped eyes, fairy-like cheekbones and gorgeously plump lips and a pointy chin. Generally Libra also indicates prominent noses and rounder faces than average. and dont forget the dimples (cheeks, knees or lower back).

If I can give the aspects of lolaslayer a try: Mercury in scorpio might mean that if you do have blue eyes they will still appear dark.
I think Venus in Sag will give dark hair to a libran, maybe thinner, but still fabulous hair. Do you like straightening your hair, curl problems. Do you have to swipe away your fringe from your eyes constantly?

Venus' pronounced noses is also apparent in Tauruses.

reallypisces

Hi, lolaslyer! You have Sun on your ascendant – I guess that makes you very self confident and a bit like Leo. As much as I’ve seen Libra ascendants they usually have harmonious and beautiful faces. I can agree with Scorpio about the dimples. It is complicated though if you have both Libra-Scorpio planet’s in your first house. Will you give any clues about your appearance? I have a mixed ascendant myself and I’m not sure either which sign do I look like.

Sontaseyou, you are very pretty. You looke a bit like Scorpio though, do you have planets there?

It’s funny, I know a girl who has her Sun, Moon, Mercury, Pluto and ascendant in Scorpio, and She has blonde hair and blue-greenish eyes. And I know another woman who has stellium in Scorpio, and everything about her is so light – she has blonde hair, blue eyes and she always wears clothes in light colours. Therefore I’ve become cautious to say that somebody looks like Scorpio. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

hermetic

Few observations - All the people I know with Libra asc are indeed beautifu, but the intensity of attractiveness is mostly influenced by Venus position and it's aspects
One friend who has Leo Venus on MC is a rare beauty, and all her male friends seem to be attracted to her. She is indeed fatal
Males with Libra asc have some femininity to them, unusual grace, and are sometimes percieved as gay, by the looks/ manners alone.

reallypisces said:
Sontaseyou, you are very pretty. You looke a bit like Scorpio though, do you have planets there?

I second this, you look very Scorpio to me, and very beautiful;)

waybread

reallypisces said:
Hi, lolaslyer! You have Sun on your ascendant – I guess that makes you very self confident and a bit like Leo. As much as I’ve seen Libra ascendants they usually have harmonious and beautiful faces. I can agree with Scorpio about the dimples. It is complicated though if you have both Libra-Scorpio planet’s in your first house. Will you give any clues about your appearance? I have a mixed ascendant myself and I’m not sure either which sign do I look like.

It’s funny, I know a girl who has her Sun, Moon, Mercury, Pluto and ascendant in Scorpio, and She has blonde hair and blue-greenish eyes. And I know another woman who has stellium in Scorpio, and everything about her is so light – she has blonde hair, blue eyes and she always wears clothes in light colours. Therefore I’ve become cautious to say that somebody looks like Scorpio. :D

This example suggests the limits to guessing ascendants based on appearance. Unfortunately sometimes the astrologers who write about how to do this fail to take genetics into account. Obviously 1/12 of the population of Denmark will have Scorpio rising, yet the proportion of blue-eyed blondes there is pretty high.

I think guessing the ascendant from the rising sign can be helpful where the birth time is unknown with accuracy, but it is known in a general way that puts someone as having one of two signs. But then other factors in the chart can come out so strongly that they can mask the rising sign.

Last edited:

Awakened_Pisces

SontaSejou said:
Ahhh, a fellow Libran ascendant. I always wondered about this too. Here I am:

thpix.gif%5D
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=meefx3.jpg

Libran ascendants are supposedly beautiful...epic fail in my case, obviously...but still..any resemblance? :p:confused::p

Who are you kidding? You look hot :)

ScorpiosRock

I agree with waybread. I am a tall blonde and blue-eyed scorpio with a Capricorn Rising. Tall blonde and blue-eyed people are sometimes attributed to scorpios. My eyes appear dark even though they are bright blue. I do however see the whole reverse aging thing going on. When I was younger (20) I was mistaken for much older (34ish) frequently. Currently I look younger than when I was twenty. Confusing.

My sister has the exact same scorpio look as me and she has a Cancerian Rising.

Polo

SontaSejou said:

Libran ascendants are supposedly beautiful...epic fail in my case, obviously...but still..any resemblance? :p:confused::p

I wouldn't give you any ascendant. You have a very interesting face that doesn't quite fit well with any of the descriptions of each rising sign.

Claire19

lolaslayer said:
Hi all!

I'm a new user but have been observing for a while. One thing I have always been interested in is determining physical characteristics using aspects to my ascendant. For me it is not always easy considering there are so many aspects to my rising sign.

These are the planets in my first house

Sun in Libra 29° 53' in house 1
Mercury in Scorpio 22° 2' in house 1
Pluto in Scorpio 21° 57' house 1
Mars square ascendant

My ascendant is in 28 deg. Libra

How do these aspects affect my appearance?

PS. Venus is in Sagittarius

Any suggestions?
Yes as Venus is your chart ruler and in Sagittarius this can be very telling re persona and first impressions. Look more to your Venus aspects for clues. Do you have a love of horses especially in childhood. Wear a ponytail, loud laugh, prominent teeth, long coltish legs??? Mix with those of different ethnic backgrounds in early days.

Last edited:

Claire19

hermetic said:
Few observations - All the people I know with Libra asc are indeed beautifu, but the intensity of attractiveness is mostly influenced by Venus position and it's aspects
One friend who has Leo Venus on MC is a rare beauty, and all her male friends seem to be attracted to her. She is indeed fatal
Males with Libra asc have some femininity to them, unusual grace, and are sometimes percieved as gay, by the looks/ manners alone.

I second this, you look very Scorpio to me, and very beautiful;)
Often there is the dark hair coupled with the lighter eyes. Libra rising will usually be well mannered and pleasant and give an attractive overall persona if not downright beautiful.

greenastrologer

my daughter has 5 planets in scorpio and is a strawberry blonde with blue eyes -- big wide-set eyes ... she's a libra sun & virgo rising
other than her intensity & sensitivity, i don't think you could guess she had much of anything in scorpio

the description of libra rising (almond eyes, cheekbones, lips etc) sounds a lot like me but i have a virgo rising. my moon is in libra (in a tight conjunction with uranus)

i think you can sense a lot of what people have natally by their physical appearance but unless you're simply looking at a picture then other things are bound to come through too so you're picking up on more than just the looks

Çedyze

Thank you... I do indeed have the very dark hair...and the contrasting light eyes; though you cannot tell it from those grainy webcam pictures; my eyes are my biggest asset.

My Venus and Mars are conjunct in Leo, both making a significant square to my Pluto in Scorpio (the only planet I have in Scorpio). I have been told by many that I have the characteristics of a Scorpio...though I don't understand how this could be? :confused: Here is my chart:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8295/chartox1.png

Last edited:

Claire19

Çedyze said:

thpix.gif%5D
meefx3.jpg

The Scorpio is very strong with you. You would be quite magnetic and sexual in persona. Very exotic looking. Rather as I imagine CLeopatra would have looked. I imagine some find you fascinating.:)

Claire19

Çedyze said:
Thank you... I do indeed have the very dark hair...and the contrasting light eyes; though you cannot tell it from those grainy webcam pictures; my eyes are my biggest asset.

My Venus and Mars are conjunct in Leo, both making a significant square to my Pluto in Scorpio (the only planet I have in Scorpio). I have been told by many that I have the characteristics of a Scorpio...though I don't understand how this could be? :confused: Here is my chart:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8295/chartox1.png

Perhaps it is Pluto trine the Sun which is in the 10th house of public persona and image. Perhaps the square to that from Venus and Mars also.

You have nothing in 8th house either.

Claire19

waybread said:
This example suggests the limits to guessing ascendants based on appearance. Unfortunately sometimes the astrologers who write about how to do this fail to take genetics into account. Obviously 1/12 of the population of Denmark will have Scorpio rising, yet the proportion of blue-eyed blondes there is pretty high.

I think guessing the ascendant from the rising sign can be helpful where the birth time is unknown with accuracy, but it is known in a general way that puts someone as having one of two signs. But then other factors in the chart can come out so strongly that they can mask the rising sign.

We cannot be other than what our genetic colouring dictates really. Grace Kelly was a Scorpio. They are usually magnetic and quite sexual. Also deep and secretive.

rogue_red

Interestingly, i was just reading about this in Waites compendium of natal astrology. His description of the native with pisces rising fit me very well but the physical descripter held little in common.

But in saying that, I have alot of aries in the first house and have suffered burns (3rd degree) and blunt force trauma to the head. Interesting stuff

Last edited:

VENUS

its very late here and i cant sleep so i think i will type/ramble whatever i can think of (and have read about) about the appearance of rising signs (if you guys dont mind) i look at tons of new charts a day for the past 3 yrs (so i have alot to compare to.) Here are some thoughts:

water rising signs tend to have the blue eyes, green eyes or light eyes. "watery looking" eyes too, especially pisces rising

also noticed libra risings (and even libra suns) have those lips that are like bows (kind of like cupid lips.) kate winslet for instance (who is a triple libra by the way) they also say libra risings have a "grecian" nose (not big but kinda like a small bump,) and those almond shaped eyes like cedyze here on the forum. their features are usually even or well proportioned.

i have 2 friends (one male, one female) who are both triple sag's (yes we never run out of laughter or fun with those 2 btw) and BOY DO THEY LOOK LIKE SAGITTARIUS!!!!! lol they both have those arched bow legs, chizzeled body, the female has a very nice shape with a smaller waist and big hips...even their faces look so sag like (cant really explain how) lol. all of the sag risings i know, now that i think about it, have mouths that are very horse like (that sounds bad, but not intended to at all btw)

i have a leo rising friend who cant leave the house unless she has her hair extensions in, its hilarious. ( and you should see how thick and big her hairdresser makes it) lol i have a leo rising aunt that does all sorts of WEIRD and tacky things to her hair too. loooooool :38:

my grandfather and amy winehouse have the same nose and they are both scorpio risings. LOL. most scorpio risings i have seen tend to have that kind of hook nose, but has anyone seen pudgy stubby nose? its cute. ( i have a thing for noses lol) anyone notice that?

i know maybe 5 gemini risings who have hook noses that are big too..kind of like the scorpio kind. i notice that theyre never tall either. and they always have these big round eyes...

i am very good with looking at someone and guessing their rising sign. one sign i am so bad at guessing is VIRGO. i can usually tell the virgo body (very slim but sometimes they have this invisible gut), but never the virgo face. i wonder if anyone else has that problem.

i can never guess taurus rising either, and unusually enough i dont really know that many taurus risings, but the ones i do know have pretty faces and thick bodies :) its cute

whats the rising sign everyone is best/worst at guessing?

RayAustin

VENUS said:
its very late here and i cant sleep so i think i will type/ramble whatever i can think of (and have read about) about the appearance of rising signs (if you guys dont mind) i look at tons of new charts a day for the past 3 yrs (so i have alot to compare to.) Here are some thoughts:

water rising signs tend to have the blue eyes, green eyes or light eyes. "watery looking" eyes too, especially pisces rising

also noticed libra risings (and even libra suns) have those lips that are like bows (kind of like cupid lips.) kate winslet for instance (who is a triple libra by the way) they also say libra risings have a "grecian" nose (not big but kinda like a small bump,) and those almond shaped eyes like cedyze here on the forum. their features are usually even or well proportioned.

i have 2 friends (one male, one female) who are both triple sag's (yes we never run out of laughter or fun with those 2 btw) and BOY DO THEY LOOK LIKE SAGITTARIUS!!!!! lol they both have those arched bow legs, chizzeled body, the female has a very nice shape with a smaller waist and big hips...even their faces look so sag like (cant really explain how) lol. all of the sag risings i know, now that i think about it, have mouths that are very horse like (that sounds bad, but not intended to at all btw)

i have a leo rising friend who cant leave the house unless she has her hair extensions in, its hilarious. ( and you should see how thick and big her hairdresser makes it) lol i have a leo rising aunt that does all sorts of WEIRD and tacky things to her hair too. loooooool :38:

my grandfather and amy winehouse have the same nose and they are both scorpio risings. LOL. most scorpio risings i have seen tend to have that kind of hook nose, but has anyone seen pudgy stubby nose? its cute. ( i have a thing for noses lol) anyone notice that?

i know maybe 5 gemini risings who have hook noses that are big too..kind of like the scorpio kind. i notice that theyre never tall either. and they always have these big round eyes...

i am very good with looking at someone and guessing their rising sign. one sign i am so bad at guessing is VIRGO. i can usually tell the virgo body (very slim but sometimes they have this invisible gut), but never the virgo face. i wonder if anyone else has that problem.

i can never guess taurus rising either, and unusually enough i dont really know that many taurus risings, but the ones i do know have pretty faces and thick bodies :) its cute

whats the rising sign everyone is best/worst at guessing?

Yeah, Virgo risings can be very attractive -- there face is clean cut, has good structure, there would be some sort of youthfulness as well. I used to date a double virgo, they were very 'clean'... pale skin, just very clean and clear. Lol.

So I'm supposed to be libra rising (I'm libra sun), or scorpio (I know I posted the possibility of SAG here, but I don't like purple at all!) -- my favorite colors are the libran colors, as well as scorpionic red and black (my venus is in scorpio, therefore giving me that aesthetic).
I have the clef libran chin (my father had it as well--you can really only see the clef when I smile), a beaming libran smile, almond eyes. I'm not sure how my eyebrows are naturally, but I think they have a pointed arch in the middle. I am not sure how to describe my nose. Its slightly wide, but looks small in profile.

As far as body wise I'm very thin, and about 5'8, somewhat muscular but more on the skinny side.
If I looked at Ced and I, I would say we had similar dark eyes (I have a prominent scorpio in my chart, and the mars ruler is in libra). She looks very scorpionic though, I must say!

Venus, what ASC for me do you think?
I included my picture :)
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9a98cdcb3e.jpg

Last edited:

StarNur

thats interesting. I dont know any gemini risings with a hooked nose, and the ones I know are tall. Ethnicity and Genetics!!!!!!

here are some more gemini risings to compare with...

http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces/index.html