need help with career path!

kibowl

i've recently been very conflicted as to what job i'd like to do in the future and with two years left until graduation, i have to pick classes accordingly so i've been a bit stressed out.
i used to want to major in international relations, so when i first got into astrology and learned that i have a libra MC i was quite pleased, but now i feel as if a career in medicine or as a professor might be a better fit. are there any indications that either of those two could be a good fit in my chart? or any specific branches i could lean towards, especially in medicine?
thank you for your time <3

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    75 KB · Views: 31

Osamenor

Staff member
International relations, medicine, and professor are extremely different careers. Are you considering the last two because your interest has been piqued since you started college? Or just because you've learned that you have a Libra MC?

For each of those careers, what do you think you would like about it? What, if anything, do you think might be not so good?

kibowl

International relations, medicine, and professor are extremely different careers. Are you considering the last two because your interest has been piqued since you started college? Or just because you've learned that you have a Libra MC?

For each of those careers, what do you think you would like about it? What, if anything, do you think might be not so good?

Hello!
I'm currently in high school. I used to be more interested in international relations, therefore my Libra MC made sense when I first found out about it during the time I wished to study it. As for working as a professor, I've always had an interest in teaching and higher education in general interests me quite a lot, so going into academics in whatever field I study seems like a good fit--and medicine was my childhood dream and has piqued my interest once more as of recent, NOT due to my Libra MC.

Osamenor

Staff member
If you're still in high school, you have more time to decide than I thought. Although it may depend on where in the world you are. I'm U.S. based, so I tend to approach this from the assumption that you still have plenty of room to change your plan after high school. In the U.S., that's definitely so: the first year or two of college is usually general education classes anyway, and while they may ask you to declare a major at that point, there's still room to change it.

Also, if that's where you are, keep in mind that most people who aspire to be professors never get tenure track jobs, just adjunct jobs, which are low paid and short term. There are way too few jobs in academia to go around. Elsewhere, it might be different, but you should still learn what the reality is before you set out to be one.

That said, you have a very Jupiterian signature on your chart, and it really puts its stamp on your career sector: Sagittarius rising, making Jupiter your chart ruler, and Jupiter itself conjunct your MC ruler Venus, in the ninth house but same sign as the MC. That very strongly suggests something Jupiterian/Sagittarian/ninth house as a career. Higher education and international relations obviously qualify.

For medicine, it isn't as obvious a marker, but still there. Jupiter conjunct Venus could suggest that as a doctor, you'd be a big picture thinker. Maybe the one who creates some kind of global program. Libra can fit with medicine, in that Libra is a sign that wants to make things better. Teaching or diplomacy also fit Libra in that way.

And that's just a few examples. You could make an entirely different choice and still have it work with your chart.