Trying to help my Son

anaasc

As a mom, I failed miserably with my now 16 year old daughter. So, with my son, I'm now trying any and every tool I can get my hands on in order to do a better job. Not only in raising him but helping him develop his strengths and working on his weaknesses...without submitting him to do my bidding that is. (Because even as a small child, he's got quite the personality already! Which I'm extremely delighted with and amused by. He has a temper!) I'm extremely alarmed of some aspects of my son's chart...from what I was told. Is it really that dangerous for him to travel? Is he in danger of drowning? In danger of his personal boundaries being violated?! Please help me. I'm literally riddled with anxiety right now. :crying:

Attachments

• Chart - GR.jpg
    Chart - GR.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 30

RosieOne

I am so very sorry you took in such a strange and fearful reading about your baby boy. Clearly his chart scared the astrologer and s/he predicted heavy stuff, but his scope doesn't scare me. I don't see what that person saw. I want you to highlight and delete that whole reading and let us start over.

I mean it. That reading was a psychic attack on a baby, so as his Mom, say "No! I only receive Guidance that comes through the Divine Light, as an expression of Love (not fear)."

RosieOne

Astrology is so helpful for parenting, but best to keep it very simple. He is a Leo Sun with Aries Moon and Virgo Rising - that is all you need to remember. In truth his Sun in Leo is joined by the archetypes of both Venus and Mercury so he is a super duper Leo.

That is a very Fiery soul, with a big temper (Pluto opposite Mars) for sure, with grounded Virgo earthiness.

Now I don't wish to say that humans are dogs, because we are not. Still watching shows like that dog whisperer guy can really help in parenting toddlers, especially active ones. First and top tip, your son needs serious exercise every day. He is very competative so set him up to compete against himself. Buy a stop watch and start timing his run around the house, the park the track. When you stop for gas, make him run laps around the gas station.

Sports and positive male role models, coaches etc.

Being a super duper Leo, he has this big heart and feels like a King. Yet he must be taught that everyone else is Noble too. Gently. He needs to get out there and perform, but in very safe environments at first. He shames easily.

If you ask him what he thinks he should do, rather than telling him what to do, you will succeed.

"Put those legos away!" - wrong.

"Where do the Legos belong?" - right.

He has a deep sense of order and wishes everything to be in it's rightful place - Virgo Rising.

Read up on anger management and train him up on how to manage and channel his fire. He will be super successful if you do, as all Fire people are, when they use their energies well.

Again, exercise is the best thing for him, also WATER cools him out, or playing in the sand or dirt.

Last edited:

anaasc

Thank You SO much, as I read your first response I started crying out of relief. Thank you for sharing a new perspective that I will carry with me from now on. And thank you so much for your advice...making the buzzard sound like the dog whisperer definitely worked this weekend. He kept trying to dismantle the Christmas tree and so I kept trying to tell him to use a gentle touch to no avail until I made the buzzard sound; I only had to do it twice! This morning he softly poked an ornament and then looked my way and clapped with a big smile on his face! He needs lots of positive feed back which I'm more than happy to provide. AGAIN, THANK YOU!!!

anaasc

Oh, and as you suggested, competing against himself works wonders ALREADY. He's even learning to count to three as a result. It's much nicer to delight in watching him rip around the house then worrying about scary things.

phop

I'm extremely alarmed :crying:

Your child has Moon opposition Saturn. The moon represents you as a mother. Saturn could in this placement make the child feel overly burdened by their mother's protection and control of their upbringing. I have seen it pop up often in threads by mothers trying to do what is best for their child. Trying to make sure their child gets the best support and guidance - but unintentionally over-doing it and not letting the child develop it's own individuality. If you let your child know your fears and worries , that child will adopt the same fears and concerns. If you let your child sense that you are scared of thunder and lightening, they too will adopt this fear. Don't feel you have to over nurture your child and mould them into what you are or what you want them to be. It's a burden to yourself and to them , and they may resent it later in life. Let them think and experience for themselves and find their own route in life. Provide and encourage/welcome them into the wider world, and refrain from control and manipulating them into what you want them to be.

RosieOne

...making the buzzard sound like the dog whisperer definitely worked this weekend. He kept trying to dismantle the Christmas tree and so I kept trying to tell him to use a gentle touch to no avail until I made the buzzard sound; I only had to do it twice! This morning he softly poked an ornament and then looked my way and clapped with a big smile on his face! He needs lots of positive feed back which I'm more than happy to provide.

Wonderful!

Having a Libra Saturn opposite his Warrior Aries Moon/heart is actually good. He is very brave and will tend to leap before he thinks, but that Saturn in Libra will balance that very adroitly. Phop is right that we see his Mom, that's you, in this aspect - both in the Moon (Mom energy) and in Saturn (the voice of the teacher, the disciplinarian). Negative Saturn, (fear, worry, and authoritarianism), can constrict his heart, and set you up as his adversary.

Good rule of thumb: If you aren't enjoying being his Mom, that is your problem, not his. If you are able to laugh (positive Saturn) you know you are doing fine.

Just remember that he shames easily, but he will also try to be top dog. Again the dog whisperer can give you endless tips on how to be a strong inspiring pack leader :), how to channel his fire, etc.

Last edited: