I have tried to rectify my date of birth (adopted) by studying! Can you tell me smth

Can you tell me something unique and I'll confirm if I agree? Anything unique or specific. I agree already 100% with the sun and moon charasterics.

I was adopted and was only told what year I was born..

Many thanks.

Osamenor

Staff member
Unfortunately, it's impossible to rectify a date of birth. Time of birth can be rectified if you know the date, but even that works best if you have a narrowed down window for the possible birth time (ie you know you were born in the morning). The wider the window is, the more astrological variables there are. The more variables there are, the harder it gets to rectify the chart. If the window is wider than 24 hours, there are too many variables for rectification to be even remotely possible.

Personality is not a reliable rectification tool. Charts are rectified based on the timing of life events, not personality.

Last edited:
I am very certain, based on my characteristics, what my sun and moon sign are and have even narrowed it down to rising sign. It is as clear as a day. They were so glaringly obvious that it was crystal clear.

Osamenor

Staff member
I am very certain, based on my characteristics, what my sun and moon sign are and have even narrowed it down to rising sign. It is as clear as a day. They were so glaringly obvious that it was crystal clear.

The cookbook astrology descriptions of your sun and moon sign don't necessarily describe you. Lots of people who know theirs beyond all possible doubt don't identify with those descriptions. The house placements of the sun and moon, the aspects they make, your rising sign, any planets at your ascendant, aspect patterns in your chart, and placements at other sensitive degrees of your chart, can all alter that picture. In many cases, you end up with a personality very different from what the cookbook astrology descriptions say you "should" have based on your sun and moon signs. So different, in fact, that you might identify with other sign descriptions instead.

If all you know is the year you were born, you could take almost any date in that year and come up with a possible time of birth that would allow for the personality you have, once the ascendant and house placements and aspects and all of that are accounted for. The big three signs (sun, moon, and ascendant) are a very rough sketch for the basic foundation on which you develop your personality. In and of themselves, they don't determine what your personality actually turns out to be.

Last edited:

Thirdteenth

Can you tell me something unique and I'll confirm if I agree? Anything unique or specific. I agree already 100% with the sun and moon charasterics.

Many thanks.

Hi piscesariesmoon :joyful: Those that had adopted you, do they not have possession of your birth certificate? If there is a birth certificate for them to get information of your birth details from.

neptunian

Many thanks.

Focusing on sun's house position may help. You are capable of guessing your signs with a direct manner. pallas conjunct mercury or aspects it ?

In my observation; mostly saturn, neptune or uranus in the 4th house of adopted children or conjunct ic. or rahu in the 4th.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Can you tell me something unique

and I'll confirm if I agree? Anything unique or specific.
I agree already 100% with the sun and moon charasterics.
Many thanks.
approximately one hundred and thirty two MILLION people are born annually :smile:
the people who told you your year of birth
must have had access to some official record
ask them for a copy of that record

No, I was not born in a hospital. There are no possibilities to try to figure it out, I have tried everything. That is why I asked this question after studying astrology.

JUPITERASC

No, I was not born in a hospital.
There are no possibilities to try to figure it out, I have tried everything.
That is why I asked this question after studying astrology.
the people who told you your year of birth :smile:
may have more information
if not
then consider DNA testing with for example FTDNA
which has an extensive database

Osamenor

Staff member
No, I was not born in a hospital. There are no possibilities to try to figure it out, I have tried everything. That is why I asked this question after studying astrology.

How old were you when you were adopted?

If you were under a year old, they should have been able to estimate how many months old you were. Older, maybe not.

Where were you adopted from (orphanage? Directly from birth family? Found on the street?) If an orphanage, what kind of records did they have?

Without you sharing that information, it's not clear to us if you really have exhausted all possibilities.

xichuwangwai

This is what I've found out so far:
The very-famous-celebrities, the reliability of their natal charts is about 75 percent.
The not-very-famous-celebrities, the reliability of their natal charts is about 50 percent.
The non-celebrities, the reliability of their natal charts is about 90 percent.

The very-famous-celebrities, being reserched by more people, so they have more reliable birth data than the not-very-famous-celebrities. The non-celebrities, their birth data was remembered or written, almost zero chart-rectification, more reliable than the celebrities.

What I'm trying to say is, if you have unsure brith data, you highly likely will have an unsure birth chart.

If you know the year, the month, and the day, but you don't know the exact time, you can do it this way: Forget about the houses, only read the stars.
If you don't know your birthday at all, you can do it this way: Forget about yourself, read other people's charts.

How old were you when you were adopted?

If you were under a year old, they should have been able to estimate how many months old you were. Older, maybe not.

Where were you adopted from (orphanage? Directly from birth family? Found on the street?) If an orphanage, what kind of records did they have?

Without you sharing that information, it's not clear to us if you really have exhausted all possibilities.

I was born in a nomadic family, in the bush, where people followed two seasons, summer and monsoon. My tribe don't celebrate birthdays, xmas or such things. Not invovled in politics. I've exhausted everything hence me asking this question.

Focusing on sun's house position may help. You are capable of guessing your signs with a direct manner. pallas conjunct mercury or aspects it ?

In my observation; mostly saturn, neptune or uranus in the 4th house of adopted children or conjunct ic. or rahu in the 4th.

Yes I did this too and I relate strongly to 5th house sun placement.

JUPITERASC

I was born in a nomadic family, in the bush,
where people followed two seasons, summer and monsoon.
My tribe don't celebrate birthdays, xmas or such things.
Not invovled in politics.
I've exhausted everything hence me asking this question.
day, month, year AND TIME of birth ESSENTIAL for reliable natal chart :smile:

Osamenor

Staff member
Wow I do regret even posting this. Everyone has a critique but noone anything remotely close to the question i ask.

Unfortunately, you asked a question that cannot be answered. Astrology doesn't work the way it would have to for your question to be answerable.

How does the tribe you were born to reckon people's ages? Do they count years? Or seasons? Or do they not bother with that and just consider the phase of life you're in (young, middle aged, etc.)?

The last is also true of traditional Mayans, who have an even more complex astrological system than the "mainstream" Western one. I don't know how they come up with birth charts for people, but they do. I had a professor who'd spent time with them and they gave him a scarily accurate life reading.

Since you don't have, and can't get, the basic information required to cast a chart, we can't do that for you. If you're looking for self explanation, you'll have to seek it in other ways. Maybe something outside Western traditions.

Last edited:

neptunian

Yes I did this too and I relate strongly to 5th house sun placement.

Hi, piscesariesmoon.

I understand you very well. Also, focus on asc ruler and moon's houses.

I can try to guess your angles asc/dsc mc, I don't know your age; but if you can give some important dates like marriage or beginning of a job etc. You can pm if you want. Transits can really help. You yourself can try it too focusing on transits of planets on important days.

Btw, you can have virgo ascendant or another placement. Just my initial observation. I got virgo and aries energy from your communication. Hey, don't give up. :)

I picked a tarot card for you asking what is your sun sign; i got Emperor. card of aries.