Worried - YOD - Nept (foot)/Mars/Jup

Hello.
I just started finding out about YODs and am intrigued/confused. I've managed to find some basic info on the internet but it seems very complex so if anyone could add any insights I'd be very grateful!

Mine involves Nept/Jup/Mars. Any comments on that? My birth chart is attached below.

Jupiter is about to reach the activation point and I'm kinda worried as I'm going through a lot of changes in my life and the YODs reputation makes me think significant 'bad' things might happen. It'd be helpful to have a warning if that makes sense of what kinda thing I could expect.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_02_yrds_s_hp.59848.24169.gif
    astro_w2gw_02_yrds_s_hp.59848.24169.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Thank you Alice. I've actually come across your post before when looking for information on YODs, it's very helpful but I can't get my head around it yet. I can't really afford to but I might try to invest on a book a lot of blogs and websites recommend (on YODs).

Yeah I do realise the degrees are not spot on but I really do feel the pattern of the YOD and specially the characteristics of having Neptune as the foot - I mean, with such strength I really can't question it.

You wrote 'If you have a natal YOD, transits, progressions or directions that activate this configuration will indicate important times in the life,' do you have any ideas on maybe what the nature of my transit might be?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello.
I just started finding out about YODs and am intrigued/confused. I've managed to find some basic info on the internet but it seems very complex so if anyone could add any insights I'd be very grateful!

Mine involves Nept/Jup/Mars. Any comments on that? My birth chart is attached below.

Jupiter is about to reach the activation point and I'm kinda worried as I'm going through a lot of changes in my life and the YODs reputation makes me think significant 'bad' things might happen. It'd be helpful to have a warning if that makes sense of what kinda thing I could expect.

Thanks in advance!

Not to dismiss the configuration you cite, I think the natal configuration of greatest import, and one that will be felt most by you with Jupiter's upcoming transit, is your Sun Moon t-square with Saturn at its apex. We feel and understand the personal planets, and most especially the inner five [Sun through Mars].

Transiting Jupiter will add a fourth point to the t-square, stabilizing it into a grand cross. So your fallen Sun-Moon opposition issues that are squared by dignified, strong Saturn, really in the 12th, will be quite energized, I think, by Jupiter's contact.

As for the yod, the reason I would not focus too much on it is because of not only the orb, but also because trying to understand the transpersonal planets is pretty much impossible. You will be able to glean more and actually bring to consciousness the symbolism of the personal planets. And you may wish to examine the inconjunct between Mars and Neptune, considering Neptune as perhaps a diffusing or dissolving kind of energy to begin with.

Just some ideas...

Last edited:
Not to dismiss the configuration you cite, I think the natal configuration of greatest import, and one that will be felt most by you with Jupiter's upcoming transit, is your Sun Moon t-square with Saturn at its apex. We feel and understand the personal planets, and most especially the inner five [Sun through Mars].

Transiting Jupiter will add a fourth point to the t-square, stabilizing it into a grand cross. So your fallen Sun-Moon opposition issues that are squared by dignified, strong Saturn, really in the 12th, will be quite energized, I think, by Jupiter's contact.

As for the yod, the reason I would not focus too much on it is because of not only the orb, but also because trying to understand the transpersonal planets is pretty much impossible. You will be able to glean more and actually bring to consciousness the symbolism of the personal planets. And you may wish to examine the inconjunct between Mars and Neptune, considering Neptune as perhaps a diffusing or dissolving kind of energy to begin with.

Just some ideas...

Hi, thank you so much for the help, much appreciated!

I've been looking into the T square. I read a few things about it being 'easier' to deal with because the 'problem' can be identified and so dealt with. From what I've read I think what I got is that an opposition to the apex planet can be an opportunity to use the energy of the sign the transiting planet is on. Is that right? If so I should try to apply characteristics of cancer to what I am doing? (I'm looking for a new place to live and a new job and starting a Masters degree in Literature in September, after a really really really tough period in my life. I've also started practicing Nichiren Buddhism and listening to the teachings of Abraham Hicks. It really is a life changing moment for me, as I'm finding hope and strength again after a long time. That's why I want to understand this and make the most of it and not crash and burn again...)

I'm still getting my head around the basics of the t square to be honest so I may be completely off the mark but - is it that I have to be responsible and diligent with my actions (cap) but also utilise my emotions and spirituality (cancer)? And I've studied the houses quite a bit but still find it tricky to put all the info together. I know what house 6 stands for and in this situation it seems quite obvious because I'm looking for work and my daily life is going to change a lot. But still I sense this is a bit too basic...?

Sorry about all the questions and don't worry if you can't reply; it's just that I learn and understand the most through conversation and bouncing off ideas if that makes senses. I'll keep trying to work this out either way!

ps. I've started a new thread focusing on the t square including my 'speculations' http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=492191#post492191

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi, thank you so much for the help, much appreciated!

I've been looking into the T square. I read a few things about it being 'easier' to deal with because the 'problem' can be identified and so dealt with. From what I've read I think what I got is that an opposition to the apex planet can be an opportunity to use the energy of the sign the transiting planet is on. Is that right? If so I should try to apply characteristics of cancer to what I am doing? (I'm looking for a new place to live and a new job and starting a Masters degree in Literature in September, after a really really really tough period in my life. I've also started practicing Nichiren Buddhism and listening to the teachings of Abraham Hicks. It really is a life changing moment for me, as I'm finding hope and strength again after a long time. That's why I want to understand this and make the most of it and not crash and burn again...)

I'm still getting my head around the basics of the t square to be honest so I may be completely off the mark but - is it that I have to be responsible and diligent with my actions (cap) but also utilise my emotions and spirituality (cancer)? And I've studied the houses quite a bit but still find it tricky to put all the info together. I know what house 6 stands for and in this situation it seems quite obvious because I'm looking for work and my daily life is going to change a lot. But still I sense this is a bit too basic...?

Sorry about all the questions and don't worry if you can't reply; it's just that I learn and understand the most through conversation and bouncing off ideas if that makes senses. I'll keep trying to work this out either way!

ps. I've started a new thread focusing on the t square including my 'speculations' http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=492191#post492191

You really are doing an excellent job of putting together particulars of the interpretation from the context of your life. As you continue to develop and reflect, and especially to further cultivate mindfulness, the portrait of your circumstances will become richer and more detailed.

I strongly support your continuing to explore and develop your own ideas, as you have done up to this point.

Good work.

You really are doing an excellent job of putting together particulars of the interpretation from the context of your life. As you continue to develop and reflect, and especially to further cultivate mindfulness, the portrait of your circumstances will become richer and more detailed.

I strongly support your continuing to explore and develop your own ideas, as you have done up to this point.

Good work.

wow nice to hear it's not too off the mark! I'll continue with my research; thanks again for the help!